The applesauce for dogs recipe is a perfect sweet treat for your pets. It is easy to make and doesn’t require much effort.
All you need is four ingredients and approximately 20 minutes of your time. This applesauce is natural, and healthy and does not contain any preservatives.
It is also very easy to make for those who are new to this cooking style. The great thing about applesauce for dogs is that it makes your dog feel full and happy without adding much bulk or heaviness to their bodies, which can be good for health, especially with older dogs.
Applesauce for dogs recipe
It is also recommended to serve this applesauce for dogs recipe without any added sugar or preservatives, as natural ingredients are good for dogs too.
You can add your preferred sweetener or, if it is too sweet for your dog, you can reduce the amount of sweetness.
For a sweeter and healthier treat, ensure that you use a non-sugar sweetener like Splenda or Stevia. Use only natural ingredients for better health for your dog.
How can prepare Applesauce for dogs recipe
- 3 cups of water
- 1 cup of sugar
- 6 apples
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1 saucepan
- 1 large bowl
- 1 knife
- 1 spoon
- 1 strainer
- 1 baking dish
- 1 serving bowl
Step 1: Place apples in a pot, and cover with water. Cook for about 10 to 15 minutes, until soft. Remove from heat and let them cool down.
Step 2: Mash the apples in the pot with a spoon.
Step 3: Heat water, sugar, and lemon juice in the saucepan over medium heat until the sugar is dissolved.
Step 4: Pour the apple pulp into the sugar water. Stir for about 30 minutes with a spoon, until the applesauce becomes thick and smooth.
Step 5: Cover and leave to cool. Add cinnamon and refrigerate for later use.
Step 6: Once the applesauce is completely cooled, pour it into a serving bowl.
Serving Suggestion for Dogs Applesauce for dogs recipe is a perfect treat for your pets, especially dogs with low weight or senior dogs.
Nutrition value of Applesauce for dogs recipe
- Calories: 217 kcal
- Carbs: 52.8 g
- Proteins: 0 g
- Fats: 2.8 g
- Sodium: 0.6 g
Benefits of eating Applesauce for dogs recipe
1. Applesauce for dogs recipe is a good source of fiber, helping your dog to maintain regular and healthy bowel movements.
2. Applesauce for dogs recipe has vitamin C which is necessary for healthy skin, bones, and teeth.
3. Applesauce for dogs recipe has anti-inflammatory properties that are beneficial to older dogs who have arthritis or joint pain.
4. Applesauce for dogs recipe suppresses the growth of bacteria and pests in your dog’s intestine.
5. Applesauce for dogs recipes is a great source of vitamins A, C, E, and K. These vitamins are needed to keep your dog’s skin healthy and beautiful.
6. Applesauce for dogs recipe can be used as a carrier food, as it does not contain any preservatives or artificial colorings, or flavorings that are added to commercial pet food formulas during manufacturing.
7. Applesauce for dogs recipe is a very suitable food for your dog’s sensitive stomach, as it is not processed and cooked in the same way as other commercial pet food products.
8. Applesauce for dogs recipe has no high-fructose corn syrup and is low in calories and fat content.
9. Applesauce for dogs recipe does not contain any artificial colors or preservatives that can cause skin problems, allergies, or digestive issues.
Disadvantages of eating Applesauce for dogs recipe
1. Applesauce for dogs recipe is not suitable for your dog with high energy demands.
2. Applesauce for dogs recipe is not a good choice as a meal replacement, as it has only 6 calories per cup. So if your dog is overfed, he may become fat or unhealthy.
3. Applesauce for dogs recipe does not contain any meat or meat extracts that are very helpful to maintain the proper balance of vitamins and minerals in your dog’s blood and body system.
4. Applesauce for dogs recipe is not recommended for dogs who have a sensitive stomachs.
5. Applesauce for dogs recipe is not designed to give your dog the energy he needs to play, run and be active.
6. Applesauce for dogs recipe has a relatively low Vitamin E content that can cause skin problems and even allergies in some dogs.
7. This applesauce is not suitable as a meal replacement or regular treat because it has only 6 calories per cup (24 g).
How Can Make More Delicious?
1. Add one teaspoon of vanilla extract to enhance the taste.
2. Add about 1 teaspoon of cinnamon for more flavor.
3. Mix with more apples to make it a bit sweeter and healthier, although it is not necessary.
4. Use less sugar if your dog has a sensitive stomach, or if you want a healthier option for your dog without any added sugar or preservatives.
5. You can use Splenda or Stevia instead of sugar to reduce the amount of sweetness in the Applesauce for dogs recipe.
How can Store Applesauce for dogs’ recipe
1. Store in a container that is airtight and keeps out moisture.
2. Applesauce for dogs recipe can be stored in the refrigerator for up to 1 week.
3. It is best to store the applesauce for dogs recipe in small containers so that it does not become spoiled easily, especially if it contains a lot of water content like this Applesauce for dogs recipe.
Eating applesauce for dogs is a healthy and delicious treat that may be served as a meal replacement or a snack.
It is not canned food, but a fresh applesauce recipe without any added sugar or preservatives. You can use this applesauce for dogs recipe as a snack or serve it as part of your dog’s meal.
Dogs love apples, especially the sweet ones like this recipe, which might also include cinnamon for flavoring.
Thank you for reading this Applesauce for dogs recipe, hopefully, you will have a great experience cooking an applesauce for dogs recipe and your dog will like it.
You are always welcome to ask questions or share your own experience with the Applesauce for dogs recipe if you enjoyed the article.