The banana carrot dog treats recipe is a healthy, gluten and grain-free snack for your pets! This simple vanilla muffin recipe makes enough treats for two dogs.
This is one of the best recipes to use with help from your pet, who will love to cut out their favorite shapes! This healthy snack is a little tedious but well worth it once you see how much your dog enjoys them!
Fruit and vegetables are always perfect for any dog; this sweet and savory snack isn’t just healthy, it’s also super tasty.
Banana carrot dog treats recipe
The wonderful aroma of these treats will entice your dog with the first whiff and make them want to work for you.
The tasty banana flavor and fresh carrot pieces hide in a sweet, crunchy coating. Your dog will be eagerly anticipating this as you are cooking it up!
These no-bake treats are a good source of fiber, omega 3 and 6 fatty acids, vitamins A and C, potassium, magnesium, iron, and zinc. They could also help lessen the risk of heart disease.
How can prepare Banana carrot dog treats recipe
- 1 Cup of Flour [All Purpose Gluten Free Flour]
- 1/4 Cup of Oat Flakes (or Oat Bran)
- 1 Tsp. Salt
- 1/2 Tsp. Baking Soda
- 1/4 Tsp. Baking Powder
- 1/4 Tp. of Cinnamon
- 1/2 Cup of Plain Yogurt
- 2 Eggs, Beaten
- 1 Cup of Finely Grated Carrots
- 1/3 Cup of Finely Sliced Banana
- Mixing bowl
- Cupcake or Bowl for Layer
- Grater for Carrots or Peeler for Finely Grated Carrots
- Measuring spoons and cups
- Cookie sheets or Parchment Tray
- Paddle or Spoon
- Stovetop or Electric Beater
- Frying pan
Step 1: Preheat the oven to 350 degrees
Step 2: Mix together flour, oat bran, baking soda, and baking powder
Step 3: Add salt and cinnamon to dry ingredients and mix well
Step 4: Blend eggs, yogurt, carrots, and banana in a separate bowl.
Step 5: Add the dry ingredients on top of the mixed wet ingredients and mix until blended
Step 6: Fill each cup of a muffin pan with about 1/4 cup of batter
Step 7: Bake for 20 minutes or until done.
Step 8: Cool and serve to your dog
Tip: Cut the treats up into any shapes you want, or use cookie cutters to cut out shapes.
Nutrition value of Banana carrot dog treats recipe
- Calorie: 33
- Calories from fat: 28
- Fat: 2g
- Saturated Fat: 1g
- Cholesterol: 8mg
- Sodium: 249mg
- Potassium: 145mg
- Carbohydrate: 2g
- Sugar: 1g
- Protein: 2g
- Vitamin A: 1%
- Vitamin C: 2%
- Vitamin D: 4%
- Thiamine (B1): 3%
- Riboflavin (B2.B3): 3%
- Niacin (B3): 14%
- Vitamin B6: 8%
- Folic Acid: 2%
- Vitamin B12: 2%
- Pantothenic acid (B5): 6%
- Phosphorus: 4%
Benefits of eating Banana carrot dog treats recipe
1. Lower cholesterol and triglycerides
2. Lower risk of heart disease
3. Protect your dog against cancer and other diseases related to aging
4. Improve digestion and overall health with magnesium, zinc, and calcium
5. Improve brain function, vision, and hearing at young ages (reach peak activity at 3 years old)
6. Boost immunity to fight infections and boost the immune system in later years
7. Promote a healthy weight for your dog reducing the impact of obesity and diabetes later in life
8. Good source of potassium, great for the heart, brain, and nervous system
9. Improve skin and coat it with vitamins and minerals
10. Protect your dog against cataracts, glaucoma, and other diseases related to aging eyes
11. Reduce the risk of osteoporosis in older dogs
12. Reduce the risk of cancer in older dogs
13. Improve digestion, increase bone density and improve mobility in older dogs
14. Promote a healthy appetite for your dog
15. Promote a healthy heart for your dog
16. Reduce the risk of strokes in both aging dogs and sick dogs
17. Improve overall health, increase life expectancy and reduce vet bills in later years with a diet
18. Lower blood pressure, triglycerides, and cholesterol levels in dogs with chronic kidney disease.
Disadvantages of eating Banana carrot dog treats recipe
1. High in carbs, although carrots and bananas are good sources of vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants.
2. Due to the high carb content, these treats are not good for dogs with diabetes.
3. Although there is a great deal of vitamin C in the banana, it is not able to be absorbed by dogs causing gastric upset and diarrhea.
4. The high sugar content in these treats could also cause digestive upset and diarrhea in some dogs (causing blood sugar spikes)
5. The baked sugar and flour coating could cause a stomachache in some dogs.
How Can Make More Delicious?
1. Try adding a little honey to improve the flavor.
2. Use extra finely grated carrots for less rough coating.
3. Use different fruits to make them healthier (try cinnamon).
4. Use fewer eggs and yogurt to increase the moisture content in the treats making them softer and easier for your dog to digest.
How can Store Banana carrot dog treats recipe
1. They should be stored in the fridge after you’ve baked them.
2. They can also be frozen for up to 3 months.
3. Freeze leftovers so that you can just microwave them for a few seconds to thaw and serve.
4. Warm them up in the microwave or a low-heat oven before serving.
These treats seem incredibly simple, but they are wonderful. They work well for dogs who have sensitive stomachs and they are a great choice for dogs with epilepsy and allergies.
Best of all, you can make them at home even if you don’t have a lot of time or experience in the kitchen.
I hope you enjoyed this article. If you want to save this recipe or share this with your friends, make sure to use the social share buttons below.