Beef recipe rolls for dogs are a hearty, meaty, and scrumptious treat you can make with your pooch! These rolls are perfect for training sessions, or to enjoy on their own in the evenings.
It’s easy enough for anyone to follow, but also has a few complex steps that will have your dog begging for more! These rolls are made with ground beef, which makes them healthy and wholesome.
If you’re looking for a more extravagant recipe substituting cooked ground turkey breast is an excellent alternative.
Beef recipe rolls for dogs
It is recommended to feed your dog twice a day. You don’t need to give them food at night, but you have to keep them hydrated with water.
Healthy food can help your dog be happy and feel more energetic. A good role of eating right would be a good source of the needed nutrients.
How can prepare Beef recipe rolls for dogs
- 2 lbs. ground beef (or ground turkey breast)
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 cup bread crumbs (optional)
- 1/4 cup water (optional)
- 1 tbsp. oil (optional)
- 1/4 cup raw chopped onion
- 1 small bunch of green onions (optional)
- Cooking pot with a tight-fitting lid
- Large frying pan
- A heavy plate
- Measuring cup with a pouring spout
- Large bowl
Step 1: Preheat your oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Beat the egg and add it to the bread crumbs.
Step 2: Pour the onion, green onions, and ground beef into the bowl. Mix everything with your hands until well combined.
Step 3: Form small balls with the mixture, about 1 inch in diameter. Roll each ball in flour, then egg mixture, and then in bread crumbs. (Optional)
Step 4: Heat your oil to medium-high heat until hot, but not smoking. Cook your meatballs, a few at a time, in the skillet until golden brown on all sides.
Step 5: Cover the bottom of a large skillet with several layers of paper towels. Transfer the browned meatballs to the plate and rest them on top of the towels.
Step 6: Cook all of your veal balls, then transfer them to a baking pan. Cover the baking pan with parchment paper and place in the warm oven for about 20 minutes.
Step 7: Remove from oven and serve!
Tips: You can make beef recipe rolls for dogs ahead of time and freeze them. Defrost before serving and add about 5 minutes to the baking time.
Nutrition value of Beef recipe rolls for dogs
- Calories: 56 kcal
- Total Fat: 4.0 g
- Cholesterol: 24 mg
- Total Carbohydrate: 0.2 g
- Protein: 8.7 g
- Sodium: 175 mg
- Potassium: 4 mg
- Vitamin C: 0.1 mg
- Iron: 1.3 mg
- Calcium: 25 mg
Benefits of eating Beef recipe rolls for dogs
1. Beef recipe rolls for dogs are healthy
2. Wheat-free and gluten-free
3. High in protein and low in fat
4. Beef recipe rolls for dogs help maintain digestive health
5. Beef recipe rolls for dogs can be stored frozen, right out of the freezer
6. Raises your dog’s stamina and endurance
7. Increases the immune system
8. Prevents muscle loss
9. Promotes proper kidney function
10. Helps treat chronic cough in dogs
11. Beef recipe rolls for dogs can be used as a sleeping aid for dogs with anxiety or depression
12. Beef recipe rolls for dogs can help with a weak appetite
13. Strengthens bones and teeth
Disadvantages of eating Beef recipe rolls for dogs
1. Beef recipe rolls for dogs contain almost zero fiber
2. Beef recipe rolls for dogs are expensive
3. Beef recipe rolls for dogs have little to no nutritional value if not cooked
4. Beef recipe rolls for dogs can cause obesity
5. Beef recipe rolls for dogs can cause lameness or pain in your joints ( osteoarthritis )
6. Beef recipe rolls for dogs can cause liver toxicity
7. Beef recipe rolls for dogs can cause diabetes
8. Beef recipe rolls for dogs can cause kidney problems
9. Beef recipe rolls for dogs contain vitamins and nutrients that are extremely difficult to absorb and digest.
How Can Make More Delicious?
1. Add lots of flour and egg white to make the rolls more crunchy.
2. Use more bread crumbs (for texture), raw veggies, cooked veggies, and/or other ingredients to make it more balanced and nutritious.
3. Use a roux base to make a gravy sauce to serve with the meatballs.
4. Add Kentucky chili sauce, tomato sauce, spices, and herbs as an additional dip option for your dog’s meatballs.
How can Store Beef recipe rolls for dogs
1. Freeze the leftovers by putting them in an air-tight plastic container.
2. Store the leftovers in a refrigerator for up to 2 days.
3. Repackage the leftovers and store them in a freezer for up to 1 month (or longer).
4. Rinse the leftovers under cold water and leave them in your refrigerator for a few hours to dry. Then you can reseal with plastic wrap or a clean airtight plastic container.
Beef recipe rolls for dogs are a great way to give your dog meat that has the same taste and texture as ground turkey.
This recipe can be easily modified for additional ingredients you would like to add to your dog’s meal. If your dog does not eat a lot of ground turkey, try using ground beef instead.
Beef recipe rolls for dogs are healthy and nutritious but can vary depending on the company and product.
Thank you for reading and please remember to share this post with your family and friends if you enjoyed it.