Best homemade dog food recipes for German shepherds If you’re looking for a way to give your German shepherd a bit of variety in the diet, then it’s time you invest in some dog food recipes that are homemade.
There are a lot of recipes on the internet that are great for dogs. They can be simple plans, easy to make, and often cost-effective.
This article features some of the top homemade dog food recipes for German shepherds, where you will learn how to make the best homemade dog foods from natural sources and include their favorite ingredients too. Before you know it, you’ll have your easy-to-follow recipe for a pet-friendly dinnertime meal.
Best homemade dog food recipes for German shepherds
It is also a great time to make a big batch of homemade dog food and freeze it for later use. Homemade dog foods are often healthier than manufactured brands, as they can easily be tailored to your pet’s most specific needs.
The best homemade dog food recipes for German shepherds are easy to follow and taste great! All recipes must be made from scratch and not from cans or packets.
Ingredients should be fresh and natural. Homemade dog food recipes are readily susceptible, especially if you’re a bit creative and have a passion for cooking. Your dogs will love you for it too!
How can prepare the Best homemade dog food recipes for German shepherds
- 2 lbs of ground beef
- 2 lbs of ground chicken
- 1 cup of brown rice
- 1/3 cup of mashed sweet potato (This is optional)
- Buckwheat Groats
- 1 cup of shredded carrot
- 1 cup of rolled oats
- Large pot to cook the meat
- Baking sheet
- Knives (Two)
- Spoon stopper
- Measuring cups and spoons (two)
- Meat thermometer (optional)
- Cooling rack.
Step 1: Take out the buckwheat groats and the rolled oats.
Step 2: Split the ground beef into two parts and add to a large pot.
Step 3: Turn the heat on high and let it simmer until the meat is done. It takes roughly 2-3 hours. Keep turning meat every 15-20 minutes, as this will help cook food thoroughly.
Step 4: Add the brown rice and mash sweet potato in a bowl and mix well, then add to the pot of ground beef.
Step 5: Add the shredded carrots and mix well.
Step 6: Allow the mixture to cook for another 30 minutes, after that, add the buckwheat groats and rolled oats on top of it.
Step 7: Cover your stovetop with a lid and let it cook for 10 more minutes at low heat.
Step 8: Pull out a cooling rack or cookie sheet, put in a baking sheet, and place in the oven under 200 degrees Fahrenheit until all ingredients are cooled down.
Step 9: When done, remove the bones and any grease that is collected in the pot, or place them in your fridge for a couple of days.
Step 10: You now have your own homemade dog food recipe.
Step 11: All you have to do is fill and freeze several bags before you make them so they don’t go bad when you’re planning on feeding them to your dogs.
Nutrition value of Best homemade dog food recipes for German shepherds
- Calories: 222 kcal
- Protein: 20 g
- Fat: 9 g
- Carbohydrates: 13 g
- Fiber: 2 g
- Calcium: 32 mg
- Phosphorus: 184 mg
- Vitamin B6: 0.1 mg
- Thiamine: 0.1 mg
- Riboflavin: 0.1 mg
- Niacin: 6 mg
- Potassium: 678 mg
- Biotin (Total): 100 mcg
- Vitamin A (IU): 10 IU
- Vitamin B1 (Thiamin): 0.011 mg
Benefits of eating the Best homemade dog food recipes for German shepherds
1. These homemade dog food recipes for German shepherds can be healthier for your pets than manufactured brands as you can easily make them from fresh ingredients.
2. Pets are always going to be fed with fresh and natural foods, which is a good thing.
3. You can also easily create healthy homemade dog food recipes for German Shepherds by following these recipes carefully.
4. You can make healthy homemade dog food recipes for German Shepherds out of any ingredients you have at home. This is a bonus because it means you don’t have to buy all the expensive organic foods for your pet.
5. They’re perfectly suitable for dogs with food allergies. And by following these natural and homemade recipes, dogs will be also able to grab a healthier meal in the same period.
6. Homemade dog food recipes for German Shepherds can also be a great way to make your dog more energetic and happy.
7. Homemade dog food recipes are always easily digestible, as they help your pet get rid of potentially harmful ingredients.
8. Homemade dog food recipes that can be made in bulk and stored for later use are especially good for busy pet owners who spend most of the day at work.
9. Homemade dog food recipes can also be a great way to encourage your pet to eat healthier and feel better at the same time.
10. They are also excellent for pets with allergies and other diseases, as they can easily be made in the kitchen.
11. Homemade dog food recipes can easily be prepared with less waste than manufactured brands, which is especially good for pets that have sensitive stomachs.
Disadvantages of eating Best homemade dog food recipes for German shepherds
1. Sometimes homemade dog food recipes for German Shepherds can be more expensive than that manufactured brand.
2. If your dog does a mistake in its ingredients, you might end up having to waste money on the stuff that your dog can’t digest properly.
3. You should always remember to wash fruits and vegetables before eating them, as this will make sure you don’t get sick from getting fruits or vegetables onto your kitchen floor when you didn’t clean them well enough before cooking.
4. Be careful when you put your food in high heat as this will not only be a waste of time and money, but it could also make your food taste bad.
5. Keep in mind that if you’re going to use cheap meat, perhaps consider adding a couple more ingredients to the mix.
6. Don’t use too much time making homemade dog food recipes for German Shepherds, as this can cost you more money than buying the stuff straight out of the freezer.
7. If you’re going to make dog food, then follow these recipes carefully, or at least make sure that your dog is not allergic to any of the ingredients.
8. Remember to wash fruits and vegetables before eating them, this is especially important if you don’t have a garden and don’t know how clean your product has been in the last few days.
How Can Make More Delicious?
1. Add some more ingredients like carrots, chicken or beef broth, and even flank steak.
2. Use homemade herbs and spices in the mix.
3. Serve with rice and bread or rice noodles as well.
4. Mix it with a little bit of ketchup to serve it in a homemade dog food recipe for German Shepherds.
5. Add some yogurt if you have that on hand to add some extra protein to your pet’s dish as well.
How can Store the Best homemade dog food recipes for German shepherds
1. Pour it into several bags, label the bags and place them in the freezer.
2. Covered containers would be good to use as your container for storing dog food, as this will
3. You can also try freezing homemade dog food recipes depending on how long it takes them to cool down completely.
Well, that’s about it for this article about the best homemade dog food recipes for German Shepherds.
You should now know how to make healthy homemade dog food recipes for German Shepherds with ease.
We hope this helped you in some way and we will see you next time with another interesting homemade dog recipe.
Thanks for reading our article. If you like this, please share it with your friends as well.