Bone broth dog treat recipes are a great alternative to store-bought or processed dog treats. They are affordable and packed with nutrition your dog will love, such as gelatin, collagen, and good things like thyme and rosemary.
They are also easy to make at home so you can be sure you’re giving your best friend the healthiest treat possible. And these recipes aren’t just for dogs – they’re also great for cats!
Bone broth is rich in nutrients that help improve joints, skin, hair coat, and more. You can learn more about bone broth in this article.
Bone broth dog treat recipes
These recipes were developed for dogs with health issues but can also be used for many other pets like ferrets and rabbits.
With some tricks, you can make them just as tasty as store-bought treats without all the artificial ingredients, preservatives, and other package-size killers.
Bone broth dog treats recipes are great because they are very healthy treats and your dog will love them. They’re also very inexpensive to make.
How can prepare Bone broth dog treat recipes
- 25 oz chicken soup bone
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 3 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- Herbs (dried thyme, rosemary, basil…)
- Vegetables (onions, carrots, celery)
- Green beans
- Ground Beef (cooked)
- Bone broths
- Tapioca flour or arrowroot powder
- A big pot
- A big saucepan
- A knife, a rolling pin, and a large spoon
- A cutting board, a fork or tongs, and a baking sheet
- An oven or toaster oven (optional)
- Small bowls or Tupperware containers
- A strainer
- A measuring spoon.
- An ice cream scoop or a big spoon.
- A thermometer
- A baking sheet.
- A toothpick/dabber for sampling.
Step 1: Preheat oven to 450 degrees F. Place soup bones in the pot, cover them with water, and boil for about 10-20 minutes until all the meat is off the bones.
Step 2: Make sure you remove all the bones and skin.
Step 3: Take out your measuring spoons, a mixing bowl, and a rolling pin. Now you’re ready to make the bone broth dog treat recipes easier.
Step 4: Add salt and apple cider vinegar to the broth then take some herbs like dried thyme, rosemary, and basil and add a few tablespoons for flavoring.
Step 5: Next, add vegetables like carrots and green beans.
Step 6: Add ground beef and cook until browned.
Step 7: Add one egg while stirring everything so that the egg gets cooked evenly.
Step 8: Now you have to drain the vegetables and meat before you can add them to your bone broth dog treat recipes.
Step 9: To drain your vegetables, place them in a strainer and pour warm water over them.
Step 10: After you have drained your vegetables, place them on a baking sheet and bake them at 450 degrees F to dry and crisp.
Step 11: Next, add all the broth into a pot and bring it to a boil.
Step 12: In a pan, add 2 tablespoons of tapioca flour or arrowroot powder and 1 egg yolk.
Step 13: Then, cook the mixture in a saucepan at medium temperature for 5 minutes or until it becomes thicker and translucent.
Step 14: Now you’re ready to add the mixture to the broth.
Step 15: Stir the broth and leave it boiling for a minute or two.
Step 16: Remove from heat. Take this time to taste and adjust the flavor if necessary.
Step 17: After you have made the bone broth dog treat recipes, you can place the mixture in a Tupperware container.
Step 18: This will allow it to firm up, even more, making it easier to handle and eat.
Step 19: When it’s firm enough, you can use an ice cream scoop or spoon to shape the mixture into your dog’s favorite treats.
Step 20: After you have shaped the treats, place them on your baking sheet and bake at 400 degrees F for 10 minutes.
Step 21: What are you waiting for? Give them to your furry friend as a delicious snack!
Nutrition value of Bone broth dog treat recipes
- Calories: 1000 kcal
- Total Fat: 7 grams
- Cholesterol: 108 mg
- Sodium: 730 mg
- Total carbohydrate: 44 grams
- Dietary Fiber: 4 grams
- Protein: 58 grams
- Niacin: 6 mg
- Folate (Vitamin B9): 17 IU
- Calcium: 42 mg
- Iron: 2 mg
- Zinc: 9 mg
Benefits of eating Bone broth dog treat recipes
1. It naturally helps with weight loss because there are no calories and it fills you up.
2. It is easy to digest because it contains collagen and gelatin that help heal your digestive tract.
3. It also helps improve your health because it is rich in vitamins and minerals.
4. It has a lot of fiber, so it is easy on your digestive system.
5. It will help your dog’s skin because it contains collagen and gelatin, which are great for skin and coat care.
6. It can also help improve joint health by providing glucosamine and chondroitin sulfate, which can increase lubrication and joint comfort in pets who suffer from arthritis or other joint issues.
7. It can help increase the immune system in your dog.
8. It can improve your dog’s mental acuity and cognitive function.
9. It can even help dogs with allergies, as it is rich in antioxidants and anti-inflammatory properties that help improve immune health.
10. It can be used as a weight loss aid for overweight pets, as it helps make them feel full longer and doesn’t contain calories that will make them gain weight instead of losing it.
How Can Make More Delicious?
1. Add vegetables that your pet love.
2. Cut up some kielbasa or bacon for a little extra flavor.
3. Mix in some of your pet’s favorite treats like Bonio bites, Tiki treats, or meaty bones to make it more interesting for him/her.
4. For the finicky dogs, use freeze-dried lamb or duck as treats.
How To Store Bone broth dog treat recipes
1. If you want to store your bone broth dog treat recipes in your refrigerator, make sure that you place them in a Tupperware container with a lid.
2. Before you put it in the fridge, let it cool down enough so that it will solidify.
3. Then, place them in the fridge and make sure that they are covered with the lid so that no air will come in contact with the food.
4. If you want to store your bone broth dog treat recipes in the freezer, make sure you place them in a freezer-safe Tupperware container.
5. Before serving, thaw it out in the microwave for about 5 minutes to regain its original consistency.
The benefits of eating Bone broth dog treat recipes are endless. These homemade dog treats are tasty, nutritious, and harmless. They contain a lot of nutrients that will help your pet maintain good health, and they are very easy to make!
Making bone broth dog treat recipes is super easy, and it is all you need to give your pet a healthy, tasty snack that will keep him/her energized and healthy. Bone broth dog treats recipes are simply more nutritious than any store-bought treats.
Thank you for reading the blog and I hope you will like this. If you have any questions feel free to ask me. Don’t forget to share it with your friends too.