Brown rice dog treat recipe If your dog is having a hard time resisting the allure of an occasional taste of human food, try creating this tasty dog treat recipe to help curb the behavior.
The Brown rice dog treat recipe is an easy way to keep your pup from begging for junk food. If you have time, this recipe including prep time only takes about 10 minutes to prepare and will keep up to 5 days.
Brown rice dog treats can also be a cost-effective way of keeping your pup on a high-quality diet when it comes to pet food.
They are less expensive than other store-bought brands and they are much healthier for your pup with higher protein content than store-bought brands.
Brown rice dog treat recipe
It is best to use whole brown rice for this recipe. You can even cook it yourself if you have the time, which is the healthier option.
If you don’t have the time to make it yourself, use any rice cereal that is available at your local grocery store.
If you want to buy some, I like these Kibbles n Bits dog treats BUT they are pretty expensive and can be more expensive at other online stores.
I used brown rice cereal because it’s what I had on hand and it’s usually cheaper than the Kibbles n Bits. It worked well.
You can use any type of rice or corn cereal but as long as it doesn’t have any artificial ingredients, I’d be fine with that.
How can prepare a Brown rice dog treat recipe
60 minutes or less
- 3 cups whole brown rice, cooked and then cooled
- 1/2 cup oatmeal or oat flour
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/2 cup of water
- 1 egg (beaten)
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 tsp of vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup dry milk (this will also help keep the treats moist)
- Measuring cups and spoons
- Large mixing bowl
- Cookie sheet
- Nonstick spray
- Cookie cutter or knife to cut the treats
- Coffee mug
- Parchment paper
Step 1: Preheat oven to 350F
Step 2: In a large mixing bowl, add the brown rice cereal and oatmeal or oat flour.
Step 3: Add the baking powder, salt, egg, and water. Mix well with a whisk. until they are combined. Let it sit while you prepare the next ingredients.
Step 4: In another mixing bowl add the brown sugar, vanilla extract, and milk. Use a whisk to mix them well.
Step 5: Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients in the large bowl. Mix with a hand mixer or whisk until they are combined well.
Step 6: Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper and spray nonstick spray on it.
Step 7: Take out about half of the brown rice mixture and reserve for later. Shape it into small balls, about 1″ in diameter each one. Place them on the parchment paper-lined cookie sheet and push down slightly until they are flat cakes, about 2 inches high.
Step 8: Bake for about 60 minutes or until the brown rice dog treats are golden brown. Let them cool to room temperature or you can put them in the fridge.
Step 9: Once they are cooled, remove them from the parchment paper and leave them on the cookie sheet.
Step 10: Prepare the dry ingredients by mixing the brown sugar, vanilla extract, and dry milk with a whisk.
Step 11: Cut the brown rice dog treats into pieces that are about an inch and a half long.
Step 12: Use a cookie cutter or knife to cut the brown rice dog treats into pieces that are an inch wide by 3 to 4 inches long.
Step 13: Coat your hands with nonstick spray and use them to shape the brown rice dog treats into balls.
Step 14: Roll the balls around in the brown sugar mixture and place them back on the cookie sheet.
Step 15: Store the brown rice dog treats in Ziploc baggies until you are ready to serve them to your pup.
Enjoy serving these tasty treats to your pup, whether it’s for a snack or mealtime. Your pup is sure to love eating his cute little brown rice dog treat recipe.
Nutrition value of Brown rice dog treat recipe
- Calories: 105 kcal
- Carbohydrates: 13 g
- Protein: 2 g
- Fat: 1 g
- Cholesterol: 6 mg
- Sodium: 6 mg8. Potassium 105 mg
- Sugar: 9 g
- Calcium: 2 mg
- Niacin: 1 mg
Benefits of eating Brown rice dog treat recipe
1. Contains antioxidants, which promote good health and reduce the risk of disease.
2. Low fat and sodium are healthy for overall cardiovascular health.
3. Provides a healthy source of protein, magnesium, vitamin C, and folate.
4. Helps promote overall bone health to keep your pup strong and active over the years with proper calcium intake.
5. Helps create an alkaline environment in the body, which is beneficial to the immune system.
6. Contains vitamins and minerals that are helpful for healthy hair and skin for your pup.
7. Is a good source of fiber to keep your puppy’s digestive system working well to promote proper digestion.
8. Promotes good overall digestion for your pup’s body, specifically their pancreas and intestinal tract, which can be helpful for his overall health as he grows older.
9. Helps build a healthy coat on your pup by building up the body’s immune system to keep fleas and other bugs away.
10. Eating over time can help reduce the risk of cancer and heart disease in your pet, which is beneficial to all pets in the family.
11. Helps create a healthy balance in your pup’s body to promote overall health and well-being by helping to maintain regularity throughout life.
Disadvantages of eating Brown rice dog treat recipe
1. Brown rice is a high-calorie and high-carbohydrate food, which means that it can cause weight gain in your pet.
2. Brown rice is a good source of complex carbohydrates, which are good for the body but can cause weight gain in an overweight pet, so be cautious about how much you feed them.
3. Because of its high starch content, brown rice dog treats can provide fuel for yeast infections in retrievers with sensitive skin like German Shepherds or Golden Retrievers.
4. Brown rice is a good source of manganese, which can be helpful for joint health but if not broken down properly, can cause digestive issues.
5. Brown rice is a good source of iron, which can be helpful for proper immune system function but if not broken down properly, it can cause digestive issues as well.
6. Brown rice is a good source of fiber, which can help with digestion, but if not broken down properly, it can cause digestive issues as well.
7. The brown rice cereal could be a choking hazard for your dog. Be sure to monitor your dog while he eats to make sure that he doesn’t choke on the cereal.
How Can Make More Delicious?
1. Add vanilla extract for more flavor
2. Add fruit for more flavor
3. Add raisins for more nutrition.
4. Add some coconut cream for more nutrition and delicious
5. Add some natural yogurt for more nutrition and delicious
6. Add cinnamon powder for more flavor
How can Store Brown rice dog treat recipe
1. Store them in the fridge for up to two weeks
2. Store in an airtight container or zip-lock bag.
3. Keep away from heat or moisture as they can go stale quickly.
4. Brown rice dog treats can also be frozen for up to three months and thawed at room temperature before serving.
Brown rice dog treats are a homemade and healthy puppy treat for your furry friend to enjoy. If you are worried about preservatives or chemicals, brown rice dog treats can be made at home for your pet to enjoy as an occasional snack or meal.
These brown rice dog treats are healthy for all dogs to enjoy from puppies to seniors. But be sure to monitor your dog as he eats it and watch for signs of any allergic reactions so that you can work with your vet on a suitable treatment plan.
Thank you for reading. I hope you like this article about the Brown rice dog treat recipe. If you have any questions about this article please comment below this article.