Canidae pure senior recipe dog food is a high-quality dog food that is perfect for aging dogs. Canidae delivers complete and balanced nutrition with natural ingredients to keep your pet healthy and fit.
This formula contains protein, glucosamine, chondroitin, and omega-6 fatty acids which are all essential for the health of dogs just as they are for humans.
Dog food can be expensive but raising a senior pet requires special attention that can only come from high-quality food like this one.
Canidae pure senior recipe dog food
Senior dogs mustn’t skimp on nutrition as they age; they must eat food with all the nutrients they will need to help keep their joints and bones healthy.
Canidae delivers just that with its formula of high-quality dog food while also keeping in mind it is dogs’ best friend.
This extra-large kibble provides your dog with a substantial bite size. Since your dog will be chewing less and the kibble is large, there is a lower risk of him choking or coughing.
How can prepare Canidae pure senior recipe dog food
Total Preparation Time:
- Soybean Meal (from Organic Non-GMO Soybeans),
- Whitefish Meal,
- Salmon Meal,
- Ground Whole Egg,
- Natural Flavorings,
- Dehydrated Carrots and
- Large Can Opener.
- Potato Masher or Food Processor (optional).
- Large Bowl.
- Measuring Cup and Spoon.
- Can Opener or Knife to Cut Open Can.
- Spoon to Stir Food While Cooking (optional).
Step 1: Preheat the Canner.
Step 2: Place the dry kibble in a large bowl and mix well.
Step 3: Pour the water into your canner and place the canner rack or something heavy on top of it.
Step 4: Place the canner for over 15 minutes and then turn off the heat.
Step 5: Move the entire canner rack with the food on it and place it on a stable surface.
Step 6: Open the can using a can opener or knife and pour the contents into the bowl.
Step 7: Slowly add hot water until you get the desired consistency. You can use your food processor to puree some of the food by placing it in a blender with hot water.
Step 8: Mix well.
Step 9: Transfer to the refrigerator at 40 degrees Fahrenheit or below and wait until cool before serving.
• In this recipe, you can use beef broth instead of water. The ratio is 1 part beef to 4 parts water.
• You can cook the contents of the entire can at once so it is easier to prepare large batches. If you do not choose to do this, make sure to stir well so that your dog does not get a large amount of soybean meal in a single bite.
Nutrition value of Canidae pure senior recipe dog food
- Calore: 1219 Kcal
- Carbohydrate: 65.8 gm
- Protein: 44.6 gms
- Fat: 17 Gms
- Ash content: 6%
- Calcium: 1%
- Phosphorus: 0.8%
- Magnesium: 0.1%
- Sodium: 0.2%
- Potassium : 0.5%
- Vitamin A : 10,000 IU
- Vitamin B1: 2 mg
- Vitamin B2: 5 mg
- Vitamin B3: 24 mg
- Vitamin B5: 0.7 mg
- Vitamin B6: 4.8 mg
- Vitamin C: 35 mg
- Folic Acid : 1,200 mg
Benefits of eating Canidae pure senior recipe dog food
1. Canidae consists of all the essential nutrients including protein, fat, minerals, and vitamins. One of the commonest ingredients in Canidae pure senior recipe dog food is salmon meal which has the highest source of protein at 44.6 grams per 100 grams.
2. Canidae pure senior recipe dog food has glucosamine and chondroitin present in it. These ingredients are included in this dog food to help with joint health.
3. It is complete food for your senior dog. The protein content in Canidae pure senior recipe dog food is sufficient so that your pet can have a strong immune system and is less likely to develop allergies as well as digestive problems.
4. You can use Canidae pure senior recipe dog food as an all-in-one meal especially if you have multiple dogs. You won’t need to provide separate meals as there are enough calories in them.
5. Since it has low-fat content, Canidae pure senior recipe dog food is perfect for dogs with skin and coat problems.
6. An 11% protein content means that your dog will be able to get the necessary protein for his diet and maintain his health easily.
7. Canidae pure senior recipe dog food weighs 1.5 pounds which is great if you want to monitor the amount your dog consumes.
8. It has a moderate amount of fat at only 17 grams per 100 grams so even dogs with weight problems can take this food.
9. It is made in the United States which is a sign that the company does not use filler or artificial ingredients in their product and relies mainly on natural products for their recipes.
10. Canidae pure senior recipe dog food has the right amount of fatty acids that your dog’s joints will need.
11. Canidae pure senior recipe dog food is grain-free which is perfect for dogs with allergies or sensitive stomachs. If you have a puppy, this is the perfect food because puppies are supposed to be grain-free during their growing stage.
Disadvantages of eating Canidae pure senior recipe dog food
1. While the primary ingredient in Canidae pure senior recipe dog food is real salmon, it does not contain much of it at only 11% of the total content.
2. Canidae pure senior recipe dog food has a high amount of protein which means that babies and young puppies must be monitored when they take this food. If they have sensitive stomachs or allergies, this will not be the right food for them.
3. Canidae pure senior recipe dog food has quite a lot of rendered meat as the main source of protein which means that it is not suitable for dogs that need low-fat proteins.
4. Since the ingredients are natural, there will be variations in the texture of this dog food and it might turn out to be hard for your dog if you do not prepare it carefully.
How Can Make More Delicious?
1. Use ingredients such as blueberries, sweet potatoes, bananas, kelp, and lentils since they are packed with vitamins and minerals to boost the nutritional value of your recipe even more.
2. Add dandelion greens, cranberries, spinach, and broccoli to boost the fiber content in your recipe.
3. Use legumes and nuts such as lentils, kidney beans and pecans, almonds, and cashews to increase the amount of protein in the recipe.
4. Add more vegetables like carrots, sweet potatoes, lettuce, and others which will increase the nutritional value of your recipe while making it healthy at the same time.
How can Store Canidae pure senior recipe dog food
1. Store in a cool, dry place to prevent moisture from entering the packaging.
2. Refrigerate your food to prevent bacteria from forming.
3. Keep it away from heat and light to prevent vitamin k loss and oxidation of nutrients.
4. Use or freeze within six months so that it does not lose nutritional value and flavor over time.
5. Store for up to 12 months but discard if you notice any kind of changes such as smell, texture, or color in the food over time.
Canidae pure senior recipe dog food is a great food for your canine friend. Not only does it have all the essential nutrients your pet needs, but it also has plenty of other ingredients which will help you make it more tasty and healthy. However, there are limitations to this product so be careful about this when deciding to buy.
Thank you for reading our article on Canidae pure senior recipe dog food. If you have any questions, feel free to comment below.