The Carob dog cake recipe is a cake made with carob powder, a natural chocolate replacement that is often used in vegan baking recipes.
This easy dessert is free of gluten, dairy, eggs, and refined sugars. Carob powder can also be substituted for cocoa as flour.
It’s tasty and simple. Carob powder is typically used in baking, so you’re also getting a dose of magnesium from the cocoa.
Magnesium may help with mood disorders like anxiety or depression because it can help to reduce symptoms of stress.
Carob is also associated with a lot of health benefits. It’s a natural diuretic that can help reduce the effects of water retention, which can often cause headaches and back pain.
Carob dog cake recipe
It’s an antioxidant, and studies have shown that it may help to fight off free radical damage. Carob is a great substitute for chocolate if you don’t want your dog consuming your favorite treats, but it is more nutritious than many other chocolate substitutes.
Carob is also often used as a natural laxative and can help to reduce the effect of constipation. You can brew it into tea or use it to top your dog’s food.
How can prepare a Carob dog cake recipe
- 1 cup self-rising flour
- 1 cup white sugar
- 3/4 cup carob powder (or cocoa)
- 1 cup almond milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup chopped, roasted almonds
- 1/4 cup flaxseed meal
- 3 tablespoons bourbon (optional)
- 1 tablespoon carob extract (optional)
- Sliced banana for toppings (optional)
- One 10-inch springform pan for cake (Wilton)
- Measuring cups and spoons
- Large bowl
- Parchment paper
- Knife, spatula, and cutting board for cutting ingredients
- Mixing bowl
- Blender for mixing batter
- Electric mixer or standing mixer with flat beater attachment (for mixing batter)
Step 1: Preheat oven and spray the bottom of the pan with oil
Step 2: In a blender, add all ingredients (except banana and toppings)
Step 3: Blend until smooth.
Step 4: Pour mixture into the prepared pan.
Step 5: Bake for 20 minutes or until done.
Step 6: Remove from oven and let it cool for 30 minutes.
Step 7: Place the bottom of the pan on a cutting board. Carefully open the sides of the pan
Step 8: Spread banana slices on the cake. Top with chopped almonds and carob extract
Nutrition value of Carob dog cake recipe
- Calories: 290.4
- Total fat: 16 g
- Sodium: 13 mg
- Total carbohydrate: 50 g
- Dietary fiber: 1 g
- Sugars: 17 g
- Protein: 5 g
- Magnesium: 2% of the Daily Value
Benefits of eating Carob dog cake recipe
1. Low in fat: This recipe is low in total fat and saturated fat.
2. Good source of Magnesium: Magnesium helps with mood disorders like anxiety or depression because it can help to reduce symptoms of stress.
3. Rich in potassium: Carob powder contains essential dietary minerals, and many are needed for optimum health like manganese, magnesium, and calcium, Potassium helps improve muscle contraction and thus improves endurance, muscle strength, and overall athletic performance.
4. Rich in Protein: Carob is a great substitute for chocolate if you don’t want your dog consuming your favorite treats, but it is more nutritious than many other chocolate substitutes. Carob has many health benefits. It’s a natural diuretic that can help reduce the effects of water retention, which often causes headaches and back pain.
5. Rich in antioxidants: Carob is an antioxidant and studies have shown that it may help to fight off free radical damage.
6. Rich in fiber: Carob is high in fiber, which may reduce the risk of heart disease and help manage your weight.
7. It’s good for digestion: Carob powder has many health benefits and can help you lose weight.
8. Rich in calcium: High levels of calcium are essential for building stronger bones, teeth, and muscles, as well as protecting against bone diseases like rickets and osteoporosis.
9. rich in iron: Iron is an essential mineral that aids in oxygen transport to the muscles, as well as helping to support normal immune function. Foods that contain high levels of iron include whole grain cereals and beans, nuts, and dried fruits such as apricots and prunes. Sources of iron include chicken, turkey, sardines, beef liver, sunflower seeds, beef, and other meats.
Disadvantages of eating Carob dog cake recipe
1. high in fat: This recipe is high in saturated fat.
2. sodium content is high: Sodium helps the body maintain water balance and works with other electrolytes to signal your brain to trigger muscle contractions, which help you move. Foods that are high in sodium include bacon, ham, luncheon meats, sausages, processed deli and luncheon meats, canned soups or bouillon cubes or granules, cheeses, and some crackers.
3. high in Carbohydrates: Carob is high in carbohydrates and sugar.
4. Disliked by some dogs: Some dogs don’t like this recipe.
5. May not be good for dogs with digestive problems: Carob may not be the best choice for a dog who has digestive problems or food allergies, because it is high in fiber.
How Can Make More Delicious?
1. You can add some lavender flowers to your cake to make your carob dog cake recipe tastier.
2. Use some black nuts, tea beans, bananas, and milk to make it more real.
3. If you want to use chocolate chips, you can add one cup of them to the cake and put it in the refrigerator for a couple of minutes, and then pour it on top of the cake, it will be more delicious.
4. You can use 2 cups of milk and one cup of water, and you can use vanilla extract instead of carob extract, it will be even more delicious.
5. You can add some chocolate chips to the mixture to make it even more delicious.
How can Store Carob dog cake recipe
1. Always store ingredients in the refrigerator for safekeeping and the best results.
2. To prevent freezer burn, keep cakes and mixtures fresh by freezing them in an airtight container for up to two months. Reheat in a microwave before serving.
3. Always remove cakes from the pan and allow them to cool before refrigerating or freezing.
Carob is one of the best and most healthy substitutes for chocolate because it has many health benefits. It is not added with any flavors and you can use it to make dog treats, cakes, and ice cream.
The recipe that I have shared with you today is the simplest way to make food that your pet will love without worrying about calories or fat content.
Thank you so much for reading this article. If you liked my post, feel free to share it on Facebook and Twitter, your friends will appreciate the healthy and tasty foods for their pets. Remember to share this article with your friends, we all love our pets.