The chicken liver dog biscuit recipe is the perfect dog treat recipe for your sweet and cuddly pet. This delicious recipe is both easy to make and healthy for your pet, too!
When your pet food is made with wholesome ingredients like liver sausage, no one will be disappointed. Do you enjoy spending time with your dog? When you have a cute little cuddly pet, it’s only natural!
Whether you’re outside playing fetch or just hanging out on the couch watching TV, this tasty treat will be sure to please your favorite four-legged family member.
Chicken liver dog biscuit recipe
Homemade biscuits are a lot of work and they’re often so dry that your dog won’t even chew them let alone eat them.
This recipe will change all of that: these deliciously soft, homemade chicken liver biscuits are easy to make and your dog will lap up every single one with glee.
If your dog has a sensitive tummy and is accustomed to eating dry food, these tasty treats will be an excellent alternative.
If you’re looking for some easy treats for your dog, then you’ve found the right recipe! It doesn’t get easier than this.
How can prepare a Chicken liver dog biscuit recipe
- 4 cups of flour,
- 1 cup chicken liver sausages,
- 3/4 cup water,
- 1 egg,
- 2 tsp. of lemon juice,
- 2 tsp. dried parsley,
- 1/4 tsp. garlic powder,
- 2 Tbsp. of vegetable oil.
This recipe will produce about twenty-five delicious biscuits for your dog to enjoy.
- Mixing Bowl
- Rolling Pin
- Large Cookie Sheet
- Butcher Knife/ Cutting Board
- Measuring Cup/ Spoon
- Parchment Paper
- Baking Sheets (two)
- Mixing Utensils
- Enameled Cast-Iron Pint Stove (optional)
Step 1: Preheat oven to 375˚F. Lightly grease two baking sheets with vegetable oil.
Step 2: In a mixing bowl, combine flour and water to form a dough. You may need to add more water if the dough is too dry or too sticky.
Step 3: Add eggs, sausages, parsley, garlic powder, and lemon juice. Mix ingredients thoroughly.
Step 4: On a lightly floured surface, knead the dough until it is soft and smooth, but not too sticky. Add more flour to achieve the right consistency if needed.
Step 5: Roll the dough out to a 1/4-inch thickness. Using a cookie cutter or rounder, cut out biscuits.
Step 6: Place biscuits on greased baking sheets and bake in preheated oven until they are lightly browned. Let cool on a wire rack. Your dog will love this tasty dog treat!
Step 7: Repeat the process until all of the dough is used up.
Step 8: Store the biscuits in a sealed container or resealable bag for up to two weeks. Store them in a cool, dry area.
Step 9: Give your pet one (1) biscuit per ten pounds of weight each day.
Nutrition value of Chicken liver dog biscuit recipe
- Total Calories: 10.07 kcal
- Carbohydrate: 19.2%
- Fiber: 3.36 g
- Sugar: 2.77 g
- Protein: 1.09 g
- Total Fat: 0.45 g
- Sodium: 1.12 g
- Potassium: 3.18 mg
Benefits of eating Chicken liver dog biscuit recipe
1. Delicious! Some dogs tend to shy away from the smell of veggies and the sight of vegetables. With this recipe, your dog will be able to enjoy a delicious treat.
2. These treats are an excellent alternative for those dog owners who want to feed their pets a healthier diet but don’t want to go through the trouble of making homemade dog treats from scratch. It’s much easier than they might think!
3. These homemade dog treats are low in fat, with only 0.45 grams of fat and a relatively low sodium content (1.12 grams), which makes them suitable for dogs that do not get enough nutrients through dry food.
4. These tasty treats contain 18% fiber, which is an excellent source of fiber and will help the digestive system to function properly.
5. They contain no gluten and are free of wheat, dairy, soy, and eggs.
6. Beneficial for dogs with a sensitive stomachs.
7. Chicken liver is an excellent source of vitamins, minerals, and beneficial fatty acids such as omega-3 and omega-6. It’s also rich in protein so it will provide your pet with all the energy required to face the day.
8. These treats are a great source of selenium, which is an antioxidant that helps to strengthen your dog’s immune system and lower the risk of developing cancer, diabetes, and heart disease, among other diseases.
9. These treats are low in fat, so they’re a great choice for dogs with sensitive stomachs.
10. You can serve these treats as an occasional treat or as a regular-tasting alternative dog snack or meal.
11. They’re easy to prepare and make the perfect addition to your dog’s regular diet, helping him to build up his immunity and maintain good health.
12. These tasty treats are also suitable for dogs with hypoglycemia, which consists of a low level of sugar in the blood.
Disadvantages of eating Chicken liver dog biscuit recipe
1. Some dogs may be allergic to chicken.
2. Be sure to use chicken sausages that don’t contain nitrates, which can affect the color of the biscuits and potentially cause harmful effects to your pet.
3. For dogs that are used to eating dry dog food, these treats may require some time to get used to and their nutritional benefits may not be immediately noticeable.
4. Some dogs may have a difficult time chewing the biscuits, particularly if they are accustomed to eating dry food.
How Can Make More Delicious?
1. Add more chicken liver sausages.
2. Add more parsley, garlic powder, and lemon juice.
3. Increase the amount of flour to improve the consistency of the dough if necessary.
4. Use a cookie cutter and rounder to cut out biscuits instead of using a cookie cutter and rounder to cut out circles only; this will result in better biscuits with more meat inside them (not just crust).
How can Store Chicken liver dog biscuit recipe
1. After your dog has thoroughly enjoyed his treat, be sure to store the remaining biscuits in a sealed container or resealable bag in a cool and dry area.
2. If you have leftovers and you don’t plan on serving these delicious treats to your dog immediately, you should freeze the leftovers.
3. Make them smaller so that they are easier to store in the freezer.
4. Freeze them individually, wrapped with plastic wrap.
5. Once they are frozen, place them in a resealable storage bag or container and return them to your freezer.
This recipe is so easy to make and your dog will love it! If you want to know more about homemade dog treats, check out our other article on homemade dog treats.
It’s filled with great tips, tricks, and recipes for homemade dog treats. If you have a dog, I hope that you found this article informative and helpful in some way.
Thank you for reading our article. If you have any questions, comments, or suggestions regarding this article, please send us an e-mail at [email protected]
Have a nice day!