Dash dog treat recipes are the perfect way to let your dog enjoy some delicious and healthy homemade pet treats.
These recipes are easy, safe, and can be made without the hassle of going to a pet store. These recipes taste great and are completely edible, so feel free to sample them yourself!
They are free from animal products, preservatives, and other extras that most commercial pet treats contain.
Dash dog treat recipes are fun and easy to make and require only a few simple ingredients that you may already have in your cupboard.
Dash dog treat recipes
Dash is an adorable Pomeranian pup who lives in a beautiful home with his owners. He’s always up for trying new things and is so curious! He likes to spend his time running around and exploring his neighborhood.
I came up with the idea for these dash dog treat recipes after observing him for a few days. He loves to run around the house and enjoys going out in the backyard every morning.
How to prepare Dash dog treat recipes
Preparation Time: 15 minutes
Active Time: 15 minutes
Cooking Time: 10 minutes
Yield: 8 dash dog treats
- 1 cup flour,
- 4 tbsp. water,
- 4 tbsp. cooking oil- (I used coconut oil)
- Baking powder,
- Vanilla essence,
- 1 cup boiling water.
- Small saucepan.
- Large non-stick frying pan.
- Cooling rack
- Baking sheet
Step 1: Preheat the oven to 180°C.
Step 2: Add flour and baking powder to a bowl, then make a well at the center. Next, add eggs, milk, water, and oil to the well. Stir with a wooden spoon until the batter is smooth.
Step 3: Transfer the batter to a non-stick pan and cook on lower heat, constantly stirring until the batter reaches a spreadable consistency that doesn’t stick to your spatula. It should be thin and homogeneous.
Step 4: Put the mixture onto a cooking rack and pour some water onto the rack. Cook for 10 minutes until cooked through.
Step 5: Once cooked, transfer to a dish or pan and allow to cool.
Step 6: In a bowl, add flour, baking powder, and spices. In another bowl, add milk and vanilla essence, then mix well in addition to washing the dash dog’s paws thoroughly with soap and water before applying this sauce.
Step 7: Add 1 dash of dog treat recipe at a time to the bowl of flour. Mix until well coated and then place on a baking tray.
Step 8: Bake for 20 minutes or until golden brown.
Step 9: Take out and cool for about 30 minutes. Once cooled, serve dash dog treats with his favorite meal!
Nutrition facts of Dash dog treat recipes
- Calories: 30 kcal,
- Total Fat: 1g,
- Sodium: 1mg,
- Potassium: 2mg,
- Total Carbohydrates: 3g,
- Calcium: 2%,
- Iron: 2%,
- Vitamin A: 2% of RDA,
- Niacin: 1%,
- Vitamin E: 15% of RDA,
- Folate: 10% of RDA,
- Biotin: 10% of RDA,
- Pantothenic acid: 15% of RDA,
- Phosphorus: 6.
Benefits of eating Dash dog treat recipes
1. Being dog lovers, Dash and his owners love these recipes. They are a fun way to share tasty treats with Dash and make perfect food for him to enjoy. They are healthy and contain protein, which will help your dog maintain strong bones, healthy skin, a shiny coat, powerful muscles, and a healthy heart.
2. These recipes can be served as snacks to help encourage your dog to play more often or as a training treat to help them improve their hearing, sight, or obedience skills.
3. Dash dog treat recipes are safe to serve as a treat for your dog. They have no fillers, preservatives, or dyes, so they can be left out for a short time without worrying about your dog’s health.
4. They are easy to make and only require a few simple ingredients.
5. These recipes are quickly made so they can be prepared in less than half an hour.
6. These recipes can be prepared for your dog’s birthday, which is an event that often happens regularly, or for any day of the week to help keep Dash healthy and ready to play!
7. These recipes are a fun activity to do with Dash and his owners, so it is a great way to bond.
Disadvantages of Dash dog treat recipes
1. They may not be suitable for dogs with food allergies as there is a small amount of wheat flour in the recipe, which is hard to avoid.
2. Dash dog treat recipes are made from scratch, which means that Dash and his owners will need to go outside to fetch some fresh ingredients from their garden or cupboard every time.
3. Dash and his owners are unsure if Dash can handle the smell of these dash dog treats or if they think he’ll eat them and then spit them out.
4. Due to the amount of flour in these recipes, dogs known to have sensitive stomachs may not be able to take part.
5. Dogs with food allergies should choose a different recipe as they contain wheat flour.
How To Make More Delicious?
1. Add colors- Dash dogs adore these recipes as they are yummy and healthy. But your dog will love any other colors you add to the recipe. For example, if you add colors, your dog will be more interested in this food and look for them.
2. Add other ingredients- You can add other ingredients to make your dash dog treats more interesting and tasty for your dog. For example, you can add vegetables to the recipe.
3. Add flavors- If you can’t get the exact ingredients you need, add new flavors. You might find your dog loves these dash dog treats after adding a new flavor.
How To Store Dash dog treat recipes
1. Store dash treats recipes in a plastic bag or glass jar at room temperature.
2. Keep dash treat recipes in a cool, dry place with temperatures above freezing and below 50°F (10°C).
3. Don’t store dash treat recipes in the freezer or the refrigerator, as this may damage them.
4. Store dash treats away from heat, light, and moisture, as they may damage these ingredients.
We have made dash dog treat recipes for our pet, and we feel great to have crafted them for him as he has enjoyed these treats.
Therefore, you can use these dash dogs treat recipes as one of your ideas and include other ingredients you would like to add to make them tastier for your dog.
By reading these tips for making delicious Dash treats, you will have a great time making these tasty recipes with your pet.
Thank you for reading, and have an awesome day! If you have any queries, do ask in the comment section below!