Does blue buffalo dog food cause diarrhea is the most common and one of the top questions today? So, what are you waiting for?
This article will help you answer that question and more. In the article, you’ll discover nine factors that determine whether or not blue buffalo dog food will give your dog diarrhea.
But first, let’s take a look at the most common causes of diarrhea in dogs.
What causes diarrhea in dogs?
Six main types of food-related illnesses can cause diarrhea in dogs.
1. Bacterial overgrowth
4. Intestinal infections
5. Infectious and inflammatory bowel disease (IBD)
Factors that determine whether or not blue buffalo dog food will give your dog diarrhea.
The cause of the dog’s diarrhea must be determined before choosing the proper treatment.
Does Blue Buffalo cause digestive problems?
The simple answer is, “No.”Blue Buffalo spent two years working with veterinarians and animal nutritionists to develop the natural ingredients in Blue Buffalo dog food.
This was done to ensure that Blue Buffalo dog food contains only the highest-quality ingredients possible.
Does blue buffalo dog food cause diarrhea?
I have no idea if Blue Buffalo dog food causes diarrhea or not… Why? The answer is simple.
Although Mr. Rick Holmstead, the founder of Blue Buffalo dog food products, has a Bachelor of Science degree in chemistry and a Master of Science degree in Analytical Chemistry from the University of Utah, he doesn’t come out and tell us precisely what is going into his dog food.
Blue Buffalo natural dog food has been lab-tested and analyzed to ensure that it contains no chemicals, additives, or preservatives that could be harmful to your pet.
Blue Buffalo is also certified by AAFCO (Association of American Feed Control Officials) as human grade. AAFCO is a product testing and inspection organization that has been around since 1936.
Blue Buffalo dog food is also made in facilities that are AAFCO certified. This means the ingredients used to make Blue Buffalo dog food was produced under strict operation modes and were then tested by AAFCO to ensure they were wholesome and unadulterated.
What is blue buffalo dog food made of?
Blue Buffalo dog food is made from 100% natural chicken and turkey products. Blue Buffalo uses only the highest quality ingredients. Not many people know, but Blue Buffalo dog food is made right here in the good ole USA.
Most of the ingredients are made in the US as well. The components are then delivered to Blue Buffalo dog food facilities, stored, and processed.
What ingredients in dog food can cause diarrhea?
3. Wheat gluten (Wheat or Rye)
4. A fish meal and fish oil (Although most pet food companies have eliminated this, it is still commonly used because of a severe allergic reaction.)
5. Chicken Meal
6. Soybean Meal or Soybean Oil (Another common ingredient used in pet foods today)
7. Corn Gluten Meal Flour (Corn starch flour) or “Corn Gluten” (From corn chips)
9. White Rice
10. Animal fat – Beef, pork, chicken, or lamb
11. Potassium Bromate (This chemical has been found to cause pancreatic cancer in dogs)
How long will my dog have diarrhea after switching food?
This answer also depends on many factors, but dogs typically have diarrhea for about five days to a week before diarrhea goes away. This is normal and should not be a cause for concern.
The time it takes for your dog’s bowel movements to return to normal will vary from dog to dog, depending on the severity of diarrhea, how much of the previous food was in his system, his age, breed, and overall health.
How to tell if dog food causes diarrhea?
Sometimes it can be a little challenging to tell if the dog food is causing diarrhea or not. You can do a few things to help determine if your dog’s bowel movements are regular or not.
1. After the diarrhea is gone, check to see if the dog still has a “traffic jam” on his back end.
2. Try feeding your dog three small meals a day rather than one. This can help aid in the digestion process.
3. Switching dog foods are often the best course of action if you suspect that your dog’s bowel movements have become loose and liquid.
4. After about a week, you should be able to see if the diarrhea is coming and going, depending on what food your dog is eating.
5. If diarrhea does not improve after a few days, try a different brand of dog food. It may be that the dog food you are currently feeding is causing some food sensitivity or allergy for your dog.
6. If your dog continues to have a loose stool for more than a week, it may be time to take him to see his vet and have him tested for parasites or possibly bacterial overgrowth.
7. You should also take your dog to the vet if you notice any blood in his stool.
8. If your dog’s diarrhea is accompanied by vomiting, loss of appetite, or yellow, it may be good to contact your vet immediately.
9. many things can cause diarrhea in dogs other than a diet; therefore, it’s essential to rule out anything else that could be causing the problem before you begin placing blame on certain kinds of dog food.
10. The answer as to whether or not dog food causes diarrhea will also depend on whether your dog has any existing health problems. If your dog has a sensitive stomach, he may have more loose bowel movements than a dog who eats the same food without experiencing any difficulties.
11. If the poop is not usually looking, consult your veterinarian.
12. If the poop is so soft that your dog can’t hold it, contact his vet and follow their instructions in handling this situation.
Every day, thousands of families throughout the United States feed their dogs Blue Buffalo Natural dog food.
They know that by providing their dogs Blue Buffalo Natural dog food, they are giving them the best possible nutrition for their pet’s overall health, as well as for their family’s peace of mind.
We hope this article on “blue buffalo dog food causes diarrhea” has been helpful to you.
Thank you for reading this post and if you have any questions or want to share your thoughts about this article, please do not hesitate to feel free comment below.
If you like this article, “blue buffalo dog food causes diarrhea,” please do not forget to share or bookmark our website.