Dog bagel recipe- An easy recipe for these decadent bagels are filled with bacon and cheese. These salty treats are a perfect way to say “I love you, too” to your pup.
Bagels sound like a great idea for breakfast, but that’s only if you have the time (and space) to bake them yourself.
If your days are busier than you would like and you don’t have time to spend in the kitchen, there is an easy alternative: buy them pre-made.
Your dog will love getting a warm, cheesy treat for breakfast when he wakes up in the morning. If your dog is a chewer, these bagels are made of tough stuff, they will keep him chewing for hours!
Dog bagel recipe
It is important that you get 2 pieces of pre-made bagels per 24 hours because they go a long time. If you leave them, they will go stale and your dog probably won’t eat them.
You can also make these by making rolls and freezing them then to bake. Because this is a recipe for bagels, there are many variations you can use for your dog. Go ahead and get creative!
How to prepare Dog bagel recipe
Preparation Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 40 minutes
Total Time: 45 minutes
- 2 cups of flour
- 1/4 cup of cream cheese
- 1/4 cup of grated cheese
- 1 egg
- Strips of bacon or cheese
- 1 packet of fast acting yeast
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- Water(If needed)
- Mixing bowl
- Rolling pin
- Baking sheets and clean cloths
- Rolling pin to flatten the dough
- Pizza cutter or knife to cut the dough into bagels
- Baking rack
Step by step directions:
Step 1) Add all ingredients together and mix well, then add water if necessary.
Step 2) Put the dough on a baking rack.
Step 3) Let it rise for about 20 minutes in a warm place.
Step 4) Once the dough has risen, cut it into strips with your knife or pizza cutter.
Step 5) Twist each of the strips into a bagel shape and put them on baking sheets.
Step 6) Let them rise for another 15 minutes in a warm place, repeating step 4 and 5).
Step 7) Bake at 300 degree F for 15 minutes until golden brown.
Step8) Once finished baking, let it cool and serve to your dog.
Step 9) Watch your dog enjoy his new treat!
Recipes with cheese are also great for dogs as they make a meal more satiating, which means less likely to beg for more food or feel hungry much sooner after eating.
Nutrition facts of Dog bagel recipe
- Protein : 1.42 g
- Carbohydrates : 26.48 g
- Fat : 5.18 g
- Sugars : 6.19 g
- Fiber : 0.13 g
- Protein : 1.42 g
- Sodium : 0.51 g
- Calcium : 30.99 mg
- Vitamin C (Ascorbic Acid) : 2 mg
- Vitamin B2 (Riboflavin) : 25 µg
- Vitamin B3 (Niacin) : 2 mg
- Vitamin B1 (Thiamine) : 1,215 µg
- Vitamin B6 (Pyridoxine) : 14,890 µg
- Choline : 0.25 g
- Vitamin B2 (Riboflavin) : 25 µg
- Folate : 1,472 µg
- Vitamin A : 5,627 IU
Benefits of eating Dog bagel recipe
1. Dog bagels are a healthy snack that is suitable for dogs of all ages.
2. They are low in fat and are high in fiber, which will help keep your dog’s digestive system running at its best.
3. They also have a high protein content that will keep your dog full for longer periods of time.
4. As they have less sugar content than other types of bakery products, you can use them as an alternative for training treats instead of sugar-filled ones such as cookies and chips.
5. Dog bagels are also an excellent source of multiple vitamins.
6. Dog bagels can also act as a substitute for human foods in cases of food allergies and sensitivities.
7. Dog bagels are a great way to get your dog’s daily calcium and other minerals that his body needs, like phosphorous and zinc.
8. Additionally, the cheese and bacon flavors that many dogs prefer will make them very pleased.
9. You can even make homemade dog bagels as long as you have a few simple ingredients and some time.
Side effects of eating Dog bagel recipe
While dog bagels have many healthy benefits, they can also have their drawbacks. Some dogs may be allergic to the ingredients that are used to make them.
Dairy products, which are commonly used in baking, can cause tummy aches, diarrhea and other digestive system problems that your dog may not enjoy if he is lactose intolerant or has other related sensitivities.
Storage of Dog bagel recipe
1. Store in a cool and dry place, preferably in an airtight container.
2. It will last for about a month if stored in this way.
3. Freeze any leftovers and use as needed.
How Can Make More Delicious?
1. Add more cheese or bacon to the recipe for a tasty treat.
2. Add another egg to the recipe for a firmer, fluffier dough that will hold up better.
3. Use thin bacon strips instead of thick ones if you have concerns about too much salt in the recipe, which might make your dog thirsty later on.
4. Make dog bagels with other types of meat and vegetables you know your dog enjoys eating, like chicken and pumpkin or beef and green beans.
5. Add a little bacon fat or beef dripping to the recipe if you wish.
6. Try making dog bagels with honey instead of sugar.
7. Try adding spices to the recipe, such as garlic and paprika, to see what your dog prefers.
There are many ways you can make your own dog bagels at home, and you do not have to be a professional baker in order to create them. You can also use leftovers for this purpose as well.
Do also remember that dogs are considerably smaller than humans, mainly weaker in their stomachs, so adding extra calories and flavorings to the recipe is essential for a healthy treat that isn’t an overindulgence.
Thank you so much for watching. I hope you will find this helpful, and thanks again!