The dog bread recipe is a special, wholesome homemade dog food that is a great alternative to store-bought kibble.
It typically consists of beef, fats like butter, vegetables, and grains like oats. Do you have a dog that cannot eat certain kinds of food?
If your furry friend is allergic to wheat, rice, corn, or dairy products, there are still plenty of options to feed him.
This can also be a great way to supplement his meal if he recently lost weight. For this bread recipe to work properly, you will need yeast and other ingredients from the grocery store.
Dog bread recipe
It is a dog bread recipe for dogs, making it a great alternative to store-bought kibble. The ingredients in this recipe are simple, but it does take some practice to make.
First, you need to make the dough, and then you will want to cut it into small pieces. The final step is giving your dog small pieces of bread daily.
Dog bread recipe is usually given in small portions, so it is easier to control how much your dog gets.
How to prepare Dog bread recipe
Preparation Time: 15 minutes
Cooking Time: 30 minutes
- 1/2 cup of milk
- 2/3 cup of brown rice flour
- 4 cups of potato starch (finely ground)
- 1 quart of buttermilk (curdled milk)
- 3 tsp of salt
- 1 teaspoon of garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon of parsley flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon of poultry seasoning
- 1/2 cup of wheat germ
- 1 cup of yeast
- 1/3 cup of vegetable oil
- 3/4 cups of raw or cooked oatmeal or rice
- 1 egg
- 2 cups water
- Mix bread maker
- Dough spatula
- Parchment paper
- Cheesecloth or wax paper
- Matching non-stick cookie sheet
- Cup measure
- 1 cup measuring cup
- 3 tablespoon measuring spoon
Step 1: Wash the eggs and beat them in a bowl.
Step 2: Pour oil into a measuring cup; add the yeast and whisk until it is dissolved.
Step 3: Mix the milk and buttermilk in a separate bowl, add the dry ingredients, and stir.
Step 4: Place the bowl with wet ingredients into the mixer and add the wet ingredients.
Step 5: Turn the mixer on low, and let it knead for about five minutes.
Step 6: Once the dough is ready, flatten it into a disc or a rectangle with your fingers. The dough should be smooth but not too soft. It should be slightly sticky and shouldn’t stick to your hands.
Step 7: Let the dough rest for about 2-3 hours.
Step 8: Once it has rested, punch it down, and divide it into three equal parts.
Step 9: Place them into 3 separate freezer bags and pop them in the freezer for about 2 hours to harden up a little.
Step 10: Remove from the bags and cut into 1/2″ squares.
Step 11: Put a large parchment paper onto a cookie sheet.
Step 12: Place the dough squares in alternating sequence on the paper, then press them together to be evenly spaced.
Step 13: Place them into a large freezer bag to freeze for about an hour.
Step 14: After an hour, take a few pieces at a time and flatten them into discs or use your fingers to shape the dough into hamburger shapes. The size of these should be just over 1/2″ thick.
Step 15: Place the bread pieces onto a parchment paper-covered cookie sheet and into the freezer for about an hour or until they are no longer sticky.
Step 16: Place the bread pieces into a plastic bag and keep them in the refrigerator for about 2-3 days. The bread will start to dry out after that point.
Step 17: Give your small dog pieces of bread every day.
Nutrition facts of Dog bread recipe
- Calories 300 kcal
- Total Fat 3.2 g
- Total Carbohydrate 47.1 g
- Protein 10.0 g
- Sodium 381.5 mg
- Dietary Fiber 1.5 g
- Calcium 2 mg
- Potassium 43 mg
- Vitamin A 6% DV*
- Vitamin C 8% DV*
- Thiamine (B1) 1% DV*
- Riboflavin (B2) 1% DV*
- Niacin (B3) 3% DV*
- Folate 33% DV*
- Pantothenic Acid 2% DV*
- Biotin 67% DV*
Benefits of eating Dog bread recipe
1. The recipe itself is made up of wholesome, natural ingredients that won’t do anything to harm your dog.
2. It can eliminate your dog’s allergies or sensitivities to certain foods.
3. This recipe can also be a great way to supplement his meal if he has lost weight recently because it is rich in protein and fiber.
4. It can be used as a great alternative to store-bought kibble, which can be extremely expensive and high in salt.
5. The recipe is easy and fun to make.
6. Dog bread is one of the best dogs treats you can give your dog to help with his energy levels.
7. You should also try making muffins out of it for your dog to eat for a healthy breakfast option.
8. There are many different brands of dog bread that you can get. Some are made from ingredients such as corn, rice, and wheat. Some contain other things besides oatmeal that may harm your dog, such as wheat gluten. You should always check the ingredients before buying bread for your dog.
9. This recipe allows you to control how much your dog gets, so you don’t get into an expensive situation with your vet or take too much away from his meals.
10. You can make your Dog bread recipe as long as you have all the ingredients and equipment.
11. It is also a great way to use some of your dog’s scraps when preparing his meals.
12. There are many other recipes that you can try out, such as dog biscuits, dog brownies, and dog cakes. Try to inspire your creative side because flan is a winner!
Disadvantages of eating Dog bread recipe
1. Getting the dough out of your dog’s stomach can be difficult.
2. You have to ensure that you have a lot of time for the dough to rest for it to be perfect for your dog’s system.
3. The bread is not supposed to be chewy like normal bread, so you should curb your dog from attacking the bread when you give him pieces or try and allow him only one piece at a time.
4. It may be hard for you to get the pieces of dough evenly sized, so make sure you make each piece about the same size for your dog’s safety.
5. If your dog has a sensitive stomach, it can cause him to have diarrhea from the high amount of fiber in it.
6. It can be expensive to buy ingredients for this recipe if you are not careful where you are getting them from or how much you are buying.
How Can Make More Delicious?
1. You can try making different flavors for your dog with the Dog bread recipe.
2. You can try different types of Dog bread recipes.
3. You can try making Dog bread in different sizes and shapes to sell as dog treats or gifts.
4. You can develop other Dog bread recipes.
5. You can try making Dog bread with different ingredients and brands and even trying out different ways to make Dog bread.
How To Store Dog bread recipe
1. Store the Dog bread ingredients in a sealed plastic container in the fridge for up to three days.
2. Store the Dog bread in an airtight container once it has been made and prepared.
3. Store the Dog bread in a sealed plastic container once it has been cut.
The dog bread recipe is nutritious and healthy to eat, but it’s important to make sure you don’t give your dog too much of it.
This can lead to gastrointestinal problems in your dog, the ingredients used in this recipe are not harmful if given under one condition: that a healthy adult dog consumes them.
Thanks for reading the Dog bread recipe, and do not forget to share this Dog bread with your friend and family. Do not hesitate to ask me any questions about the Dog bread recipe.