The dog cake recipe with oats is a moist and tasty treat for your canine companion. It is super simple to make and is perfect for any occasion.
You can also try other ingredients such as bananas, blueberries, or peanut butter. The possibilities are endless!
The dog cake recipe with oats is a moist treat made from scratch. A dog cake can be a lot of fun and a tasty alternative to store-bought treats.
Dog cake recipe with oats
It is super simple to make! This dog cake recipe is the perfect combination of chocolate and peanut butter, it’s sure to be a hit with your canine companion.
It’s a moist, tasty treat that is also easy on sensitive stomachs. This dog cake recipe with oats is a moist and tasty treat for your canine companion.
It is super simple to make and is perfect for any occasion. You can also try other ingredients such as bananas, blueberries, or peanut butter. The possibilities are endless!
How can prepare a Dog cake recipe with oats
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 cup quick-cooking oats
- 2 beaten eggs
- 2/3 cup peanut butter
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/3 cup water
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 1/3 cup white sugar
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- A 9-inch round baking pan
- Non-stick lightly sprayed cooking spray
- A stand mixer or a hand mixer
- Parchment paper
- Measuring cups and spoons
- A large mixing bowl
- A spatula
- An electric beater
- A medium size mixing bowl
- A toothpick or skewer
- Dog bone cookie cutter (optional)
Step 1: Preheat oven to 350 °F and line a 9-inch round baking pan with parchment paper, cut to fit the bottom of the pan. Grease lightly with cooking spray.
Step 2: Using a stand mixer or an electric hand beater, beat the eggs, peanut butter, and vegetable oil until smooth. Add water and vanilla; beat well.
Step 3: Stir in flour and baking powder, mixing well. Stir in the oats last.
Step 4: Pour mixture into baking pan.
Step 5: Bake at 350 °F for 20 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Let cool for 10 minutes on a wire rack before turning out.
Step 6: Cut the dog cake into 1-inch pieces.
Step 7: Let the dog cake sit out at room temperature for 10 minutes before serving.
Step 8: Coat the beater with non-stick spray. In a medium-sized bowl, beat together flour and sugars until combined. Beat in peanut butter, eggs, and vanilla until smooth, then beat in oil and water. Beat on high speed for at least 2 minutes to aerate the mixture, scraping down the sides of the bowl occasionally.
Step 9: Slice the dog cake into 1-inch pieces. Place in a large bowl and add the peanut butter mixture to coat. If desired, add peanut butter coating to a shallow dish along with the chocolate chips and place in the freezer for 15 minutes.
Step 10: Remove the peanut butter coating and chocolate chips from the freezer. Roll each dog cake slice in the peanut butter coating and then into the chocolate chips. Coat completely.
Step 11: Lay slices on the tray for 20 minutes or until the coating is set. Serve after letting sit at room temperature for 5 minutes.
Nutrition value of Dog cake recipe with oats
- Calories: 380 Kcal
- Total fat: 20.73g
- Carbs: 49.28g
- Protein: 8.16g
- Sodium: 425mg
- Folate: 8mg
- Total dextrins: 22g
- Added fiber: 1.75g
- Cholesterol: 17mg
- Calcium: 40mg
- Iron: 0.23mg
- Potassium: 133mg
- Magnesium: 5mg
- Zinc: 0.58mg
- Vitamin A: 2.6% RDA
- Vitamin C: 1.7% RDA
Benefits of eating Dog cake recipe with oats
1. A dog cake can be a lot of fun and a tasty alternative to store-bought treats.
2. A dog cake recipe with oats is a moist and tasty treat for your canine companion.
3. This dog cake recipe is the perfect combination of chocolate and peanut butter, it’s sure to be a hit with your canine companion. It’s a moist, tasty treat that is also easy on sensitive stomachs.
5. Dog cake recipe with oats is a nutritious and healthy treat for dogs of all ages.
6. No preservatives are added to this dog cake recipe with oats, which makes it a healthy choice for your dog.
7. A dog cake recipe with oats is an excellent source of calcium and protein.
8. Dog cake recipe with oats is a great way to use your dog’s beloved peanut butter.
9. Dog cake recipe with oats is an easy recipe for beginner bakers.
10. No need to bake these dog cake recipes with oats; you can make them in the microwave!
11. It’s a nutritious treat for your beloved canine.
12. Dog cake recipe with oats is a way to bond with your dog and share your love for him/her, creating a special relationship between you and your pet.
Disadvantages of eating Dog cake recipe with oats
1. Dog cake recipe with oats is easy to make, but dog cakes tend to come out dry if prepared carelessly or not at the right consistency.
2. Dog cakes can be a choking hazard for your dog if not prepared correctly or if you have the ingredients mixed at improper temperatures, so check them carefully before serving!
3. Dog cakes do not have many nutritional benefits for your dog because it is impossible to add any vitamins or minerals to the mix.
4. Dog cake recipe with oats could get moldy fairly quickly, which may be a problem if you don’t plan and put it aside until later in the day.
How Can Make More Delicious?
The dog cake recipe with oats is delicious, but if you want to make it a bit healthier and add more nutrition to your dog’s diet, try adding some fruits and vegetables to the mix.
Try making this a homemade dog cake recipe with oatmeal. Add some pumpkin puree for more flavor. It is easy to prepare and your pet will love you for it!
As I’ve mentioned above, peanut butter contains vitamins and minerals that can be beneficial in the dog’s diet, so try adding more of this into the mix as well.
How can Store Dog cake recipe with oats?
1. Store in the refrigerator after serving to keep it fresh and free from signs of mold.
2. Store in a plastic bag, like a large Ziploc bag. Roll the dog cake into a ball and store it in the fridge.
3. Store in an airtight container in the freezer for up to 3 months, but it will not freeze as well as when you make it fresh at room temperature.
4. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for 5 days.
A homemade dog cake recipe with oatmeal is easy to make and nutritious addition to your dog’s diet. It may also help slow down your dog’s eating, which can improve digestion and prevent your pet from becoming overweight. This is an excellent way to bond with your pet and give them something special.
Thank you for reading my Dog cake recipe with oats. Hopefully, you’ve found this article helpful, and you’re ready to try this doggy treat in your kitchen.