Dog Cake Recipe is a quick, simple recipe for making a cake for your dog. The ingredients can be found at any major grocery store, and the process is easy to follow.
It will take about 60 minutes from start to finish, and you can make it as big or small as you like.
This is a very simple recipe and is not intended to be an exact or detailed recipe. This is merely a guideline to make your dog a yummy treat.
Dog Cake Recipe
It is a good idea to put this in a springform pan to make it easy to remove the cake, and it will help keep the cake together.
This recipe can easily be doubled and tripled. The more cake you make, the more likely they will want to help you make them again.
If your dog is chocolate crazy, you might want to try chocolate cake and if they can’t get enough peanut butter, then peanut butter will be great.
How can prepare a Dog Cake Recipe
Preparation Time: 10 minutes
Baking Time: 2 hours to cook and 30 minutes to cool
Assembling Time: 10 minutes
- One box of Krusteaz yellow cake mix.
- One package of chocolate pudding mix (instant).
- 2 cups water.
- 3 eggs.
- ¼ cup vegetable oil.
- One cup of semi-sweet chocolate chips (optional).
- ½ cup peanut butter.
- ½ cup of chopped dog food or treats (optional).
- ¼ cup of chopped peanuts (optional).
- One cup of yellow cake mix (for garnish).
- 2 cups of frosting.
- 1 large mixing bowl.
- 2 large spoons.
- 1 12-inch springform pan.
- One small mixing bowl for chocolate pudding mix and eggs.
- One medium-sized mixing bowl for cake batter and peanut butter mix (optional).
- One large mixing bowl and 1 large spoon or spatula.
- One cake decorating bag or a large plastic zip-lock bag.
- Wire cooling rack.
- One small knife or spoon.
- Large grater.
- Baking sheet.
Step 1: Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
Step 2: Mix the ingredients for peanut butter mix in a small mixing bowl. Set aside.
Step 3: Put cake mix in a large mixing bowl and ensure ingredients are mixed well. Make sure that there are no lumps or dry ingredients left over at the bottom of the mixing bowl.
Step 4: Divide the peanut butter mixture into small bowls depending on the size of your dog, and put them in a good portion of a large mixing bowl. If your dog has a sensitive stomach, it is a good idea to mix the peanut butter mix in another bowl.
Step 5: Add 1 egg to a small mixing bowl or two whole eggs and beat them together with a large spoon or spatula. Do not use electric beaters as they will cause pieces of eggshell in your cake. If you have over-beaten the egg whites, they can be scraped away with a knife before mixing in the other ingredients.
Step 6: Add the egg and peanut butter mix to the bowl with the cake mix.
Step 7: Add oil and water to a large mixing bowl or medium mixing bowl if you use another small mixing bowl for peanut butter mix. Make sure ingredients are mixed well together with a spatula or spoon.
Step 8: Grate ½ cup of dog treats (optional) and add them to the cake batter in a large mixing bowl. Be careful not to add too much at once, as they can cause lumps in your cake batter.
Step 9: Pour the cake batter into the springform pan and use a knife to split the batter into two halves. Wrap a baking sheet around the cake pan to create air pockets and ensure enough distance between lumps of batter.
Step 10: Sprinkle half the chocolate chips on top of the cake and spread them evenly with a spoon or spatula.
Step 11: Pour peanut butter mix on top of the chocolate chips and spread it evenly with a spoon.
Step 12: Put 2 cups of frosting on the peanut butter mix. Spread it across the outside of the cake with a spoon or spatula. You may need to refrigerate the cake after frosting to make it hold together better when you remove it from the springform pan.
Step 13: Pour the remaining chocolate chips on top of the frosting.
Step 14: Grate 2 cups of yellow cake mix on top of chocolate chips and spread it evenly with a spoon or spatula. If you have overspread the frosting, you can easily scrape it off with a knife.
Step 15: Cut a piece of wire cloth long enough to reach around your cake and put it in the springform pan before setting the cake in the fridge.
Step 16: Once your cake is set up and has cooled, place it in a plastic zip-lock bag and squeeze it closed.
Step 17: Refrigerate the cake in the bag for 2 hours. After 2 hours, remove the wire rack from the cake and cut a piece of paper to fit around it to make removing the cake easier.
Step 18: Peel off the paper and wrap another piece of wire rack around the bottom of the cake.
Step 19: Remove the springform pan from around the cake and place it on your kitchen counter to cool for a half hour. Please do not put it in the refrigerator as it will cause condensation in your cake.
Step 20: Remove the cake from the zip-lock and put it on a clean serving plate. And enjoy it.
Nutrition facts of Dog Cake Recipe
- Serving size: 1 slice (1/12th)
- Calories: 358
- Total fat: 13g
- Cholesterol: 0mg
- Sodium: 672mg
- Potassium: 167mg
- Total carbohydrates: 55g
- Dietary fiber: 2g
- Sugars: 43g 10. Protein: 7g
Benefits of Dog Cake Recipe
1. It is a great way to get your dog to eat his vegetables, protein, and fat by mixing them all in the cake.
2. It is healthy and good for your dog’s dental care and can help keep his breath fresh.
3. It can help with having a healthy digestive system, and your dog will be able to go out more often because he won’t have gas or indigestion after eating it.
4. It can help reduce boredom for your dog because he will not have to eat his normal diet daily.
5. It will taste very good to your dog because he will get to taste the different things you mix in the cake and want to eat it every day.
6. It is a good way for him to get used to the texture of vegetables, so you can make it an easy transition when you start feeding him vegetables or giving him extra treats of different kinds if he enjoys them.
7. You can make it a healthy treat or a special holiday or birthday cake for your dog, depending on how much cake mix and frosting you put in it.
8. It is cheap to make if you make it yourself instead of buying one at the store.
Things to keep in mind when making Dog Cake Recipe:
1. If your dog has a sensitive stomach, you may want to mix the peanut butter mix in another bowl before adding it to the cake.
2. Do not use electric beaters because they cause pieces of eggshell to be in your cake. If you have over-beaten the egg whites, they can be scraped off with a knife before mixing in the other ingredients.
3. It is up to you to use whole eggs and an additional whole egg or make an egg substitute with two eggs and oil instead of using only one egg.
4. Be careful when adding peanut butter because it can cause lumps in your cake batter.
5. If possible, avoid putting the chocolate chips on top of the cake at the last minute since they can cause pieces to break off and be in your cake batter if you add them too early.
6. Be careful not to over-beat the egg whites when making egg substitutes or it will make some of your cake mixture lumpy or feel like it is under-beaten instead of being over-beaten.
How Can Make More Delicious?
First, keep in mind that this recipe is for small dogs.
Second, add spinach or pumpkin puree.
Third, add more chicken or fish flavor by mixing a little bit of it into the cream cheese icing.
Fourth, you can put a layer of chocolate chips on top of the peanut butter cake.
Fifth, you can add some honey and nutmeg to the cream cheese frosting.
And sixth, instead of using just ½ cup peanut butter for your dog cake mix, use 1 cup and mix it in slowly with the cake batter right before pouring it into your springform pan.
To make the Dog Cake Recipe more interesting, you can use a different flavor or frosting by putting chocolate chips on top of the peanut butter.
How To Store Dog Cake Recipe
1. To store it in the refrigerator, you can wrap it in a plastic bag. Then just put it in the refrigerator, which will be good for a week.
2. To store it in the freezer, you can put sealed contents in a plastic zip-lock bag, then place the bag inside another plastic zip-lock bag so you are sure it is properly sealed and no air can get into your dog cake.
3. To store unused frosting, seal the bowl tightly and then wrap it in a layer of plastic wrap or aluminum foil before putting it in the refrigerator or freezer.
4. You can make the cake and then refrigerate it to set it before serving or serve it immediately after taking it out of the springform pan.
5. You can make the cake a day or two in advance, wrap it tightly with heavy-duty freezer paper, and place it in your freezer.
6. You will want to remove the cake from the freezer at least a day before serving it to have time to defrost and remove all of the accumulated frostings on top.
Dog Cake Recipe is a healthy and delicious way for your dog to get his entire meal in one easy-to-bake cake.
If you make it, which is the most fun part of the recipe, your dog will want to eat his regular diet every day, which could help him get used to eating vegetables, and it will also taste very good to your dog since he will get to taste many different things that you mix in the cake.
Thank you for reading this Dog Cake Recipe. If you think your friend may like this recipe, share it with them using the Share, Like & Comment buttons below.
I hope you enjoyed Dog Cake Recipe and will give it a try.