Dog food gravy recipe is simple and easy for anyone who wants to make their pup some homemade treats. This dog food gravy recipe is easy to put together and does not require many ingredients.
This is a simple and easy dog food gravy recipe that anyone can make. This dog food gravy recipe is perfect for all dogs, big and small.
The ingredients used in this dog food gravy recipe are all natural. So, what more could you ask for? This is a dog food gravy recipe you will want to see.
Dog food gravy recipe
This dog food gravy recipe is great for dogs who are picky eaters and like simple foods. This dog food gravy recipe is about as simple as it gets, and you will want to make it for your dog.
When a simple and easy dog food gravy recipe is what you need, then this is the recipe for you. This dog food gravy recipe is laid out step by step, complete with a time frame for actual preparation.
The end result is an incredibly simple dog food gravy recipe you will want to try. Your dog will love this one too.
How to prepare Dog food gravy recipe
Preparation Time:10 minutes
Cooking time:15 minutes
- ½ cup flour
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 4 cups of water
- Thickener(powder) 1.5 lbs.
- 2 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1 ½ cup skimmed milk
- ¼ cup unsweetened apple sauce
- Pinch of Nutmeg
- ¾ cup frozen peas
- 2tbsp butter or margarine
- Bowl or spoon
- Wire whisk/frying pan
- Small spoon (for mixing)
- No mess measuring spoons/cup and spoon set
- Large bowl for mixing ingredients
- Large spoon for ladling gravy
- Medium bowl for mixing ingredients
- Large plastic storage container for storing
- Short Knife
Step 1: Place ½ cup flour, ½ teaspoon salt, and ½ teaspoon pepper in a bowl and mix them.
Step 2: Add oil to a frying pan or saucepan with 4 cups of water; heat the mixture until water boils (or until it starts to boil).
Step 3: Pour the flour mixture into the boiling water while stirring with a wire whisk. Continue stirring until gravy is slightly thickened.
Step 4: Add 1.5 lb. thickener powder to the gravy; mix again. Stir in milk. Continue stirring until the gravy is smooth. Mix in butter or margarine and applesauce and peas slowly.
Step 5: Pour the gravy into a large plastic storage container, cover it, and freeze for up to 2 weeks for serving later.
Step 6: To serve, thaw the dog food gravy in the refrigerator overnight. Heat gravy in a saucepan over medium heat, stirring so it does not stick to the bottom of the pan or burn.
Step 7: Serve over rice, pasta, or potatoes; or as a thickener for soup. And Enjoy!
Nutrition facts of Dog food gravy recipe
- 2. Calories 681 calories
- 3. Total fat 28 g
- 4. Saturated fat 9 g
- 5. Cholesterol 100 mg
- 6. Sodium 705 mg
- 7. Carbohydrates 87 g
- 8. Dietary fiber 1 g
- 9. Sugars 13 g
- 10. Protein 7 g
- 11. Vitamin A 10%
- 12. Vitamin C 2%
- 13. Calcium 4%
- 14. Iron 6%
Benefits of eating Dog food gravy recipe
1. Dog food gravy recipe can help in the weight loss of your dogs.
2. Although it does not take a lot, still healthy and natural ingredients to make this dog food gravy recipe.
3. Dog food gravy recipe is very good for your dogs. The dog food gravy recipe will make your dogs very happy and healthy. Without any doubt, the dog food gravy recipe is a great meal to give to your dog.
4. Easy way to feed your dogs without a mess, and it will be better if you have this homemade dog food gravy recipe that you can make in the comfort of your own home, and it will be without any worries.
5. This dog food gravy recipe is a healthy meal for your dogs.
6. Dog food gravy recipe is usually made from flour or starch, but the difference with this dog food gravy recipe is that it has no animal fats, and you can find those easily in your home.
7. This dog food gravy recipe will make your dogs very happy because they get a treat like this one and won’t be getting any unhealthy ingredients.
WARNING!!! This Dog food gravy recipe is not a finished product at all!! You must keep it away from human hands or touch because it may lead to danger!!!! I am not responsible if you do something wrong so please take some caution.
How To Make More Delicious?
1. If you want it to have more flavor, you could mix a teaspoon of catsup, a teaspoon of dijon mustard, and a pinch of marjoram for the last 5 minutes of cooking time.
2. To make it spicier, add some cayenne or black pepper if your dog can handle it.
3. If you want it to be smellier, you could add a teaspoon of garlic powder and dried parsley for the last 5 minutes of cooking time.
4. You can also add some ground beef if you want.
5. You can add some cooked chicken or pork if your dog is not allergic to those two types of meat.
How To Store Dog food gravy recipe
1. This dog food recipe will be very easy for you to store because all you have to do is freeze it, and it is ready for storage.
2. You can put the dog food gravy recipe in a plastic storage container, and if the plastic storage container has a tight seal, the dog food gravy recipe will still be fresh for about two weeks or more.
3. After two weeks, you will have to freeze it if you want to use it again.
4. Once frozen, you can put the dog food gravy recipe in a large plastic storage container, cover it with some wax paper, and put it in the refrigerator.
5. When you are ready to use the dog food gravy recipe again, thaw it out by placing a small bowl of warm water on top of the plastic storage container and letting it thaw overnight.
Some say that this dog food recipe is one of the greatest meals you can feed your dogs. Others say the dog food gravy recipe is a treat for your dogs.
The only thing this dog food gravy recipe needs is to be cooked properly, and it will be one of the best meals for your dogs.
Thank you for reading my Dog food gravy recipe article, and I hope that it is helpful to you!