Dog friendly bread recipe is a recipe for making bread that is dog friendly. It doesn’t use any ingredients that are harmful to a dog to consume, such as raw eggs, garlic, onion, or raisins.
This dog friendly bread recipe is just the answer for all your emergencies. This easy-to-make recipe will feed your family for four or two weeks with no problem at all.
You can come budget-friendly by replacing the raisins with apples and adding in some pumpkin seeds for another protein-packed snack that can be made with no stress.
Dog friendly bread recipe
It is perfect for any pet lover when you are on the move and you want no fuss, just throw it into the microwave and you’ve got yourself a filling meal.
This dog friendly bread recipe is one of our favorites because it is very easy on the wallet without compromising on taste.
For those of us with less time, this recipe is quick and simple to make. This dog friendly bread recipe can be made at any time at all. It is great because it has a lot of fiber and phytonutrients.
How can prepare Dog friendly bread recipe
1 Hour 15 Minutes
- 2 cups flour (all-purpose works best)
- 1 cup Quick Cooking Oats
- 1 cup white sugar
- 4 Tbsp. Brown Sugar
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 ½ tsp. Baking powder
- 1 cup butter (cut into small pieces)
- 2 eggs
- 2 Tbsp. vanilla extract
- 1 ½ cups roughly chopped nuts (walnuts, pecans, cashews, etc. work best)
- Big mixing bowl,
- Mixing spoon
- Fork (for stirring the batter)
- Oil for greasing the pan
- A small bowl with water
- A big baking pan
- A toothpick
Step 1: Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
Step 2: Grease the loaf pan with butter and set aside for later.
Step 3: Mix all the dry ingredients first, in a large bowl. Add in your chopped nuts and mix well.
Step 4: Add in the eggs, vanilla extract, and butter and combine.
Step 5: Add in the water, little by little until you have a thick consistency that can be scooped out of the bowl.
Step 6: Pour the dough into the greased loaf pan, using a spoon to even out and smooth the surface.
Step 7: Bake for 45 minutes to an hour until it is brown and firm on top.
Step 8: Test if it is done when it is brown on the top. If you can poke a fork in and the batter sticks, then it’s done.
Step 9: Remove it from the oven and leave it to cool before slicing.
Step 10: When ready to serve, take a big knife and cut the top layer of bread off, and set it aside for serving later.
Nutrition value of Dog friendly bread recipe
- Calorie: 561.0
- Protein: 12.9g
- Carbohydrates: 73.8g
- Fiber: 3.1g
- Cholesterol: 52mg
- Sodium: 160mg
- Sugar: 38.0g
Benefits of eating Dog friendly bread recipe
1. It is low in Cholesterol, which is good for people who have high cholesterol levels.
2. It is a good source of protein for those who need to increase their intake or for those who want to maintain their muscle mass.
3. It contains a high amount of fiber, which helps to prevent constipation and heart disease.
4. One serving contains 3 grams of fat and this fat can be easily burned if you engage your body in physical activities.
5. It includes a lot of vitamins and minerals that your body needs to maintain its normal functions.
6. It is a very cheap recipe and it is easy to make; you don’t have to go to the shops to get any ingredients.
Disadvantages of eating Dog friendly bread recipe
1. It contains quite a lot of sugar, which may result in obesity as this recipe is also a great source of energy.
2. It contains too many calories and fat if you are not careful; you should restrict its consumption to one serving per day.
3. More fat means more cholesterol, which may cause heart disease if taken daily.
4. You may have to purchase the ingredients before you can make this recipe, which means that you have to invest in it before consumption.
5. It is not very filling, which means that if you snack a lot, then you are likely to gain more weight than lose it.
How Can Make More Delicious?
1. Add more salt, sugar, and butter.
2. Add raisins or nuts to the batter. This will make it more filling.
3. Cook the bread longer to make it brown, which changes its taste and texture of it better one.
4. Add in a variety of ingredients, such as lemon zest, garlic powder, or pumpkin seeds to change up the taste and texture of your dog friendly bread recipe for that day.
How can Store Dog friendly bread recipe
1. Store the bread in an air-tight container or zip-lock bag.
2. Store it in a cool and dry place, such as a pantry to prevent it from getting moldy, which can harm your dog if consumed.
3. Store the bread in the fridge to prolong its freshness and protect it from insects, such as ants or cockroaches.
4. Keep the bread away from sunlight, which can cause it to deteriorate more quickly than normal, and also help to prevent insect infestation.
Dog friendly bread recipe is a very useful recipe that will benefit your dog and you, it will make a great snack to go with breakfast, lunch, or dinner.
This type of Dog-friendly bread recipe can be stored easily without any problems since there are no preservatives in it.
It is pretty easy to prepare and the ingredients are not too hard to find. It is a good recipe for people who have a busy lifestyle.
Thank you for visiting Home Recipes and this dog friendly bread recipe.
Please, bookmark, like, and share with us, or send us an e-mail if you have any questions or suggestions.