The dog granola recipe is versatile and delicious breakfast food. Its versatility makes it an easy project to tackle with the kids.
There are so many variations that you can make with this recipe, like adding cinnamon or a few tablespoons of peanut butter for a sweeter version or swapping out raisins for apples for variation.
You can make any flavor granola by simply substituting some of the ingredients in this basic recipe based on your preference.
Dog granola recipe
It is not uncommon to have a dog that likes some dogs better than others. For example, your cat might prefer your twin sister’s cat to her kitty.
Or your dog might give little pussy a run for his money as the biggest feline fan in the neighborhood. If such a thing happens, you can still make a dog granola recipe and feed your canine favorite baked goods.
How can prepare a Dog granola recipe
Preparation Time: 10 minutes
Baking Time: 20 to 25 minutes
- 1 cup Mixed Nuts
- 1/2 cup of Dried Cranberries
- 1/4 cup of Oats, ground into flour
- 1/4 teaspoon of Baking soda
- 2 tablespoons of Soy-free Vegetable Oil, such as canola or vegetable oil
- 3 tablespoons of Golden Flax Seeds, ground into meal
- 1/4 cup of Water
- A small bag of Plain Cat Biscuits or Dog Treats
- A medium bowl or large mixing bowl
- A small baking dish for the oven or a roasting pan
- A metal spatula or spoon for mixing ingredients
- a metal whisk or fork for mixing ingredients
- A small saucepan
- A small skillet or saucepan with a lid
- A small mixing bowl and spoon
- A small silicone spatula or whisk
- A large baking sheet with a cooling rack
Step 1: Prepare all the ingredients for the recipe by working in the order given and blending into a smooth consistency.
Step 2: Place the dry ingredients in a small bowl and whisk them together.
Step 3: Warm up the oil in a small saucepan. Add the flax seeds, mix well, and continue cooking for about 1/2 minute until you see little brown specks appear on top of it. Take it off the heat immediately and set it aside to cool while you prepare the rest of your ingredients.
Step 4: Add the Water to the cooked flax seeds, mix well and set aside to cool.
Step 5: Add all ingredients with their corresponding measurements, mixing well after each addition. Then add the cooled flax seed mixture and mix thoroughly again. Then transfer it to your medium bowl and set aside to cool for at least 15 minutes before serving it. Store in a glass container in the refrigerator. Serve with small bakery bags filled with biscuits or treats for your canine buddy.
Step 6: Store the remaining dog granola recipe in a glass container in the refrigerator.
Nutrition facts of Dog granola recipe
- Calories: 180 kcal
- Total fat: 4 gm
- Saturated fat: 3 gm
- Monounsaturated fat: 3 gm
- Cholesterol: 5 mg
- Potassium: 50 mg
- Total Carbohydrates: 30 gm
- Dietary Fiber: 3 gm
- Sugars: 15 gm
- Protein: 5 gm
- Vitamin A: 0.4%
- Vitamin C: 0.1%
- Calcium: 1.5%
- Iron: 2%
- Magnesium: 1%
- Phosphorus: 1.5%
Benefits of eating Dog granola recipe
1. Dog granola recipe contains omega 3 and 6 fatty acids, which have great health benefits for the dog.
2. It helps in controlling the blood cholesterol levels of the dog.
3. It is made of healthy ingredients like oat flour, nuts, seeds, and other nutrients that help maintain the dog’s health.
4. Dog granola recipe is low on carbohydrates and high on protein, which keeps your pet’s body fit and healthy to ensure a long life span
5. It is made up of good quality ingredients, which makes it a good thing to serve at least once a week.
6. It is easy to prepare; you need 10 minutes to do it.
7. You can adjust the amount of water you add and the consistency of mixing needs according to your dog’s capacity of consumption and preference.
8. It can be served in the morning, afternoon, or evening and still taste good.
9. It will make your dog happy to have a sweet treat that is made especially for him
10. The dog will love to have it as his meal
How Can Make More Delicious?
1. You can add chopped walnuts into the mix to add some crunch and an extra dose of omega-3 fatty acids.
2. Add some raisins instead of cranberries for a sweeter flavor. You can also add a teaspoon of cinnamon to make it taste better.
3. Add a tablespoon of peanut butter for each serving and watch your dog lick his chops in delight and help him control his weight with the protein and fat found in peanuts.
4. You can add some applesauce or fresh apples for a different flavor.
5. You can also add ½ cup of almonds for various tastes and nutrients.
6. Mix it with coconut oil or butter to make it tastier and filling.
7. Put it in a slow cooker and add some dried fruit like apricots, prunes, craisins, or even some blueberries to make it warm and delicious.
How To Store Dog granola recipe
1. Store dog granola recipes in an airtight container.
2. Serve it fresh, and don’t let it sit for a long time, as it will naturally get stale.
3. Put it in the refrigerator to keep the moisture and prevent it from tending to dry out.
4. For optimal freshness, use within 3 days of preparation.
Dog granola recipe is both a sweet and savory thing made with the goodness of whole grains, fruits, nuts, and seeds.
The nutritional content in this recipe is rich enough to give a strong energy boost to your pet, which helps maintain her health and strength.
It’s best known as a good first step when transitioning your dog from kibble to homemade food or treats since it also helps develop teeth while being easy on the stomach.
Thank you for reading the Dog granola recipe. Hope you found it useful. If you love these treats, please share them with your friends and create an exciting moment for your pet.