The dog ice lolly recipe is a must-have in your repertoire. It is a charming speechless recipe that you can use to make this delicious ice lolly for your furry friend.
It’s a nice, cool, ice-cold treat for dogs in the heat of the summer. Plus, it’s inexpensive to make and very easy! This Dog ice lolly recipe is so easy even a child can do it.
But if you are unable to make it, ask an adult to help you. This recipe is very easy and will not take more than 10 minutes of your time.
Dog ice lolly recipe
It is important to keep your dog hydrated. And that means giving him plenty of water. But during the hot summer, it is also important to give him something to cool him down.
And that’s where this Dog ice lolly recipe can help you out a lot! This is a nice treat for your furry friend but it can also be used as a reward when training your dog or when he does something good.
After all, a dog’s favorite treat is his reward and that’s exactly what this tasty ice lolly will be; the perfect reward for your canine friend!
How can prepare a Dog ice lolly recipe
- 1 cup of water (250 ml)
- 2 tablespoons of sugar (30g)
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract (* optional but it will improve the taste)
- 1 tray (cookie size 9 inches.
- Mixing bowl
- Mixing spoon
- Ice cream scoop
- Cookie cutter (for the ice lolly cookie)
- Cocktail stick
- Small plate with a lid (for easy access when shaping the ice lolly.)
- Ice cylinder or ice cube tray to keep the ice lolly in when frozen
- Plastic wrap (to cover the tray and make it airtight)
Step 1: Establish the serving size of your ice lolly. I recommend you scoop the ice cubes into a plastic bag. Then use the dog ice lolly size 9-inch cookie cutter to cut out your desired sized ice cube.
Step 2: Freeze your chosen tray for 2 hours (or until you can remove it with no problem.)
Step 3: In a mixing bowl, add 1 cup of water, vanilla extract, and sugar and set aside. If you didn’t use vanilla extract, add a teaspoon of honey.
Step 4: Fill the ice cube tray with your water, sugar, and vanilla extract mixture. You can either measure the water in a cup and then pour it into your ice cube tray or you can use an ice cylinder instead of the tray.
Step 5: Freeze for 2 hours (or until you can remove it from the ice cylinder/tray with no problem.)
Step 6: Put in some fresh fruits if you wish. I used strawberries.
Step 7: After the ice lolly is frozen, you can shape it into a dog. This will depend on the size of your dog and the size of your ice cube tray. I left my ice lolly a little round because my dog is so small. But this recipe can easily be adjusted to make little or big ice lollies for your dogs!
Step 8: When you are happy with your shape, put the tray back in the freezer for 1 hour. Then put it in the fridge where it will stay for another 15 minutes.
Step 9: Use your cookie cutter to cut out a 4-inch shape with the ice lolly.
Step 10: Stack 8-10 of the ice cubes in a row. Then cut another round of ice with your tray.
Step 11: After all the ice lollies are done, wrap each one in plastic wrap and put them in a freezer-safe container. Put the lid on tight and freeze for 1 hour. Your ice lollies are now ready to be served to your dogs, who will appreciate this cool treat in the middle of summer.
Step 12: Enjoy your Dog ice lolly! Remember to give your dog a treat for being so good!
Note: If your tray is round, place the ice lolly in the middle of the ice cube. This way, you can also make a 3-D dog shape with your ice lolly.
Nutrition value of Dog ice lolly recipe
- Proteins: 0.4 g
- Carbohydrates: 6.9 g
- Fat: 0.1 g
- Calcium: 1%
- Iron: 2%
- Potassium: 93 mg
- Vitamin A: 14 IU
- Folate: 33 mcg
- Vitamin C: 8 mg
- Magnesium: 3%
- Phosphorus: 1%
- Iron: 2%
Benefits of eating the Dog ice lolly recipe
1. Dogs get the cooling effect of water and a small dose of vitamins and minerals.
2. It’s a great treat for dogs to cool down in the heat and can be used as a reward when they do something good or as a training aid.
3. Easy recipe that can easily be made by anyone!
4. Dog ice lolly recipe is easy to make anyway. Even children can prepare it without any help from adults if you think they are old enough to help them out with your baking projects too!
5. Dog ice lolly recipe can be easily adjusted to make bigger or smaller lollies too!
6. Since water is the main component of this treat, it’s healthy for dogs too, and less expensive than giving them other dog treats with unhealthy ingredients.
7. Dog ice lolly recipe is a nice-looking treat that you can give to your dog and they will love it!
8. Freezing is a great way to make a Dog ice lolly recipe because it preserves the flavor and texture of the food better than another freezing method!
9. It’s very easy to prepare and is quick too, so you can make batches of Dog ice lolly recipe whenever you feel like it!
Disadvantages of eating the Dog ice lolly recipe
1. Although it is a great treat, you should not give your dog ice lollies too often. Just as you shouldn’t give humans ice cream every day, you shouldn’t do it with your dog!
2. Although water is a good ingredient for cooling off in the summer, it can cause problems if given too much. So make sure to keep an eye on the amount of water your dog is consuming in one day!
3. Some dogs are allergic to different ingredients and others have digestive problems. If your dog is not a picky eater and has a normal digestive system, this recipe is a good choice.
4. Dog ice lolly recipe contains sugar so it’s not healthy for those dogs who have diabetes or any other health issues like that.
5. Ice cubes can cause injuries if they go into the dog’s ears or nose when the dog sniffs them, so make sure your cute doggy doesn’t sniff too much during the freezing process, and always keep an eye on your dog to check if he is fine!
How Can Make More Delicious?
1. Make a great mold for your ice lolly. This can be as easy as a plate or a plastic sheet. Then put the fresh ice cubes along the rim and freeze them thoroughly. You can even use colored food dye to blend it in with the ice cubes!
2. Include some fruits like strawberries or orange slices along with your dog’s ice lolly. This will make your dog even happier with its treat!
3. If you have an ice cylinder, you can fill it with your dog’s ice lolly mixture to make a great, round frozen treat for your dog!
How can Store Dog ice lolly recipe?
1. Store your Dog ice lolly in a freezer bag or air-tight container to preserve the ice lolly for later use!
2. You can also put the dog lolly into a Tupperware container, but make sure you don’t overstuff it so that you will be able to scoop it easily later on!
3. If you have an ice cube tray, make a fresh batch of ice cubes following the step-by-step instructions above and freeze them in the usual way. And then freeze them again once they are done.
Hope you enjoyed the recipe and that your pooch enjoys it! Remember to not overdose on these treats and make sure the amount of water your dog gets is healthy.
If you think your dog drinks too much water, see if there is anything wrong with his diet. You can also see if there is something wrong with your dog’s digestive system.
Thank you for reading the post!
If you have any questions or suggestions to improve this post, please let me know in the comments below!