Dog juice recipes are the new way to give your canine companion a treat without harming their teeth, increasing their weight, or loading them with sugar.
Liquid dog treats provide your dog with a steaming bowl of goodness and can be given to them in several ways, including through their water bowl or directly into their mouth.
As these recipes are so easy to make, you won’t have to worry about your pet being left out while you’re away.
They will never know that they’re not getting the traditional kibble or even that they’ve gotten something new in their regular meal.
Dog juice recipes
It is a common practice for pet owners to give their dogs a daily meal, which is a small portion of dog food with the rest being given as extra treats.
Many owners of dogs have found that feeding their pets these small portions of dog food (the rest is reserved as treats) is not doing any good at all.
Instead, they have discovered that giving the same amount of food (in liquid form) will provide them with a larger amount of nutrition without putting so much strain on their teeth and gums.
How can prepare Dog juice recipes
10 to 15 minutes
10 to 15 minutes
- 2 cups of fresh water
- 2 tbsp of apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup of fresh fruit (apples, bananas, blueberries, cherries.)
- 1 cup of unsweetened coconut milk
- 2 tbsp of pure honey or agave nectar
- 1 tbsp of pumpkin or sunflower seed oil (optional)
- A pinch of sea salt (optional)
- A blender or food processor.
- A strainer.
- A large glass jar or stainless steel container with a lid.
- Glass jars and lids.
- Kitchen thermometer (optional)
- A hand juicer (optional)
- A fork.
Step 1: Place all of the ingredients into the blender or food processor and process for about 10 minutes (it can be done in advance, as well. Simply let it sit for at least an hour before proceeding.)
Step 2: Strain the mixture through a fine mesh strainer. Make sure to use some force when doing this. The mixture should be pretty dry, but you want to be sure.
Step 3: Transfer the mixture into a large glass jar or stainless steel container with a lid. Place it in the fridge to keep it fresh for about 2 days (makes about 4 cups total).
Step 4: Serve your dog a 1/2 cup of juice twice per day.
Step 5: Serve your dog the juice through his water bowl or by simply pouring it directly into his mouth.
Tips & Warnings:
1. This recipe does not have to be stored in the fridge, but it is a good idea to keep it out of direct sunlight and heat as this will inhibit the curing process and cause your mixture to spoil faster.
2. You must be sure that you are using fresh ingredients for the best results and taste.
3. Mother Nature’s original formula requires the fruit and coconut milk to be raw. This recipe only uses fruit and apple cider vinegar, which will not make a proper dog juice mix.
4. This recipe is certainly healthy, but high in fat and sugar; these are not good things for a dog to eat if they have access to other sources of nutrition.
Nutrition value of Dog juice recipes
- Carbohydrates = 1.1 grams
- Fat (total) = 0.7 grams
- Protein = 1.4 grams
- Vitamin B3 = 1.7 mg
- Vitamin C = 28.6 mg
- Calcium = 12 mg
- Iron = 0.3 mg
- Magnesium = 532 mg
- Potassium = 35 mg
Benefits of eating Dog juice recipes
1. By reducing the amount of kibble and adding extra moisture, your dog’s diet will be better suited for removing plaque from its teeth.
2. These liquid treats will also supply a healthy dose of nutrients without loading them up with sugar and salt.
3. The improved dietary source may help to prevent diabetes in dogs.
4. The extra portion of fruit and vegetable intake may also be beneficial in weight management.
5. The increased amount of nutrients will also reduce the risk of chronic disease.
6. The inclusion of protein and calcium will help to prevent bone deterioration, maintaining a strong musculoskeletal system.
7. A stronger immune system is also possible, as well as improved cognitive function.
8. Overall, a healthier dog is possible with the use of these refreshing Dog juice recipes.
Disadvantages of eating Dog juice recipes
1. It does not have the proper nutrition to build muscle mass and maintain sufficient protein levels for strong bones, although it will still provide adequate nutrients for overall health.
2. While it may prevent diabetes in dogs, it will still cause them to get fat if they eat too much of it.
3. It will also cause weight gain and tooth decay if they are given too much.
4. These recipes can be high in sugar and fat, which may increase the risk of certain conditions, such as obesity and diabetes.
5. It may also cause diarrhea in dogs with sensitive stomachs or other gastrointestinal issues.
How Can Make More Delicious?
1. For a sweeter taste, add more syrup or honey.
2. For extra juice, use fresh fruit and coconut milk for the best results.
3. Some people also like to add applesauce and bananas to their recipes for extra flavor and nutrients; this is entirely up to the individual preference of the dog owner or pet parent.
4. More water can be added as well, but make sure not to dilute the mixture too much as this will cause it to spoil faster.
5. You may also choose to add an extra teaspoon of pure honey or agave nectar for every two cups of drink you produce for a sweeter taste.
How can you Store Dog juice recipes?
1. Store your concoction in the fridge after it is finished.
2. For extra freshness, you can pour your juice into small, single-serving glass jars.
3. Store them in the freezer if you want to keep your dog from snacking on his treats and still provide them with a healthy drink instead of water for up to one month after preparation.
4. If you’re planning on storing or traveling with your dog, be sure to use a glass jar with a lid. You can also place it in a special dog-specific treat jar.
5. Be sure not to leave your Dog juice recipes out of the fridge for too long or they will spoil and eventually get contaminated with bacteria and other harmful substances.
It seems that Dog juice recipes are easy to make and may help to promote your dog’s health. As long as you are careful not to over-indulge your dog, they can be a healthy part of your pet’s diet.
Always make sure to wash your fresh fruits and vegetables in a bowl before placing them in your Dog juice recipes. You can also add an extra teaspoon of vinegar or citrus juice to keep bacteria away.
Thank you for reading my Dog juice recipe review.
If you have any questions or would like advice on how to make Dog juice recipes feel free to ask.