The dog popcorn recipe is a great treat for your pup. It’s super easy to make and will help curb their chances of developing obesity or diabetes. Plus, dogs love the sweet taste of popcorn!
Popcorn is a healthy dog snack, leading to obesity and diabetes. Their taste buds love the sweet flavor!
Below, you’ll find a recipe for dog popcorn that’s easy to make and will help cut your pet’s risk of developing these health risks.
Dog popcorn recipe
It is a really easy recipe to make. Popcorn is not only a healthy snack for dogs but also a delicious one!
The key to this dog popcorn recipe is to use air-popped popcorn – the kind you make in your microwave. This way, you will control the number of oils in the recipe.
How can prepare a Dog popcorn recipe
Preparation Time: 10 minutes
Cooking Time: 9-12 minutes
Servings: 1-2 cups (depending on the size of your dog)
- 2cups corn
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon mustard seeds
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 cup oil, coconut, or olive oil (for dogs with sensitive tummies, you can use unsalted butter)
- 1/2 cup of water
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon rosemary
- Baking sheet
- Air popper
- Mixing bowl
- Measuring cups and spoons
- Spatula or wooden spoon for stirring ingredients
- Fork for stirring the popcorn
Step 1: Measure out the seed and spices into a small bowl.
Step 2: Add 1/4 cup of oil or butter to the microwave bowl. Pour in the seeds and spices.
Step 3: Pour in 1/2 cup of water, and mix well.
Step 4: Microwave for 8-10 minutes or until the popcorn is fluffy.
Step 5: Once the popcorn is finished, add 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1 teaspoon brown sugar. Mix well.
Step 6: Stir in 2 tablespoons of popcorn. Stir well. (I like to do this with a fork)
Step 7: Remove the microwave bowl from power and stir the popcorn for a few seconds with a wooden spoon or spatula.
Step 8: Pour the popcorn into a large, buttered baking sheet and spread evenly. Place in a 350-degree F oven and allow to cook for 4-6 minutes, or until the corn pops.
Step 9: After popping the popcorn, remove it from the oven.
Step 10: Repeat this step until all the popcorn has popped.
Step 11: Allow to cool for 5 minutes, then box up and give to your dog.
Nutrition facts of Dog popcorn recipe
- Calories: 190
- Total fat: 12g
- Cholesterol: 0mg
- Sodium: 10mg
- Total carbohydrate: 30g
- Dietary fiber: 2g
- Sugar: 22g
- Protein: 1g
- Calcium 1%DV
- Iron 4%DV
- Potassium 3%DV
Benefits of eating Dog popcorn recipe
1. Dogs have a sweet tooth, so they love the popcorn taste! They’ll gobble it right up – even healthier than store-bought treats!
2. Popcorn is low in fat and calories but high in fiber. It’ll help keep your pup full and satisfied, making them less likely to overeat other snacks, including treats bought from the store!
3. Dogs are omnivores. They’ll eat a wide range of foods, but giving them a balanced diet is best. Including popcorn as part of the dog’s diet will help ensure that his food is nutritionally complete.
4. Dogs love the taste of popcorn! Watching them enjoy it as much as you do is fun!
5. Popcorn is inexpensive. The ingredients for this recipe only cost pennies to make! It’s also easy to make and store.
6. This popcorn recipe doesn’t require many ingredients, which helps you keep your costs low for making it.
7. While dogs don’t have an exact sweet tooth, they love the sweetness brown sugar brings to the recipe! The salt in the brown sugar also helps curb their appetites, which may reduce the amount of food they eat in a sitting.
8. This recipe is lower in calories than store-bought treats but higher in fiber and nutrients!
9. The recipe is so easy to make that you can whip up a batch after a long day at work and bring it home for your dog!
10. This dog popcorn recipe is great for dogs with diabetes, as it provides a balanced amount of nutrients. It also keeps the chompers healthy by providing extra fiber and sugars that stimulate flow in the mouth.
How Can Make More Delicious?
1. You can use any oil in this recipe.
2. Add mixed nuts such as cashew, almonds, and pecans.
3. You can add different kinds of spices to it so that you get a different flavor and taste.
4. For a special treat, give your dog some finely chopped carrots, red peppers, and a tiny bit of onion powder.
How To Store Dog popcorn recipe
1. It is best to store this dog popcorn in a covered container to keep it from drying out.
2. You can store it in a container with a tight-fitting lid.
3. You can also store it in an airtight container and use the same container to store other dry ingredients, such as those used for training or biscuits for your dog.
The dog popcorn recipe is a very healthy treat for your dog. It provides your pet with a source of calories and protein and contains many vitamins and minerals.
Although some people believe that giving dogs treats with junk or sugary ingredients can harm your dog’s health, this recipe is completely safe without any sugar!
From the Nutrition Facts, it is clear that the nutritional content of corn makes up 75% of this recipe! Corn provides many important nutrients.
Thank You For Reading!
Feel free to leave comments and suggestions below.