Dog pumpkin pie recipes can be made with pumpkin puree! It is a great recipe to try out on your dog so that they can share in the holiday spirit.
The best part is that you have the option to top it off with extra ingredients as you please, just like your own pumpkin pie! It’s a great dessert for the family.
It has a great mixture of flavors that won’t make your dog too high on calories. You can make this recipe your dessert or offer it as a side dish to accompany the meal.
Dog pumpkin pie recipe
You can use a dog pumpkin pie recipe made with dog pumpkin, but it will taste better if you use a dog pumpkin pie recipe made with real pumpkin.
A dog pumpkin pie recipe can include a mixture of different ingredients that can be top-rated on the flavor level.
The best part is that it will be made with wholesome and healthy ingredients. You can have pumpkin pie for breakfast or as a snack or dessert.
How can prepare Dog pumpkin pie recipe
Preparation Time: 15 Minutes (Or Less)
Cooking Time: 15 Minutes
- Pumpkin puree – 1 can.
- Caramel – 2 tablespoons
- Vanilla extract – 2 teaspoons
- Butter – 1 tablespoon, melted
- 5 . Milk – 1/2 cup
- Sugar – 1/2 cup
- Cinnamon – 1 teaspoon
- Eggs – 2 (Beat and add to mixture)
- Flour – 3/4 cup, sifted
- All-purpose flour – 1/2 cup, sifted
- Whole wheat flour – 1/4 cup
- Salt – 1 pinch
- Baking powder – 1 teaspoon
- Baking soda – 1 teaspoon (do not add this if you are using a pumpkin pie recipe)
- Cinnamon sugar mixture (1/2 cup sugar and 1 tablespoon cinnamon)
- water – 1 teaspoon for the crust
- Large mixing bowl
- Large baking pan
- Large spoon or spatula
- Cookie Scooper
- Kitchen strainer
- Oven mitts
- Food processor
- Large baking sheet
Step 1: Preheat the oven to 325 degrees
Step 2: Mix 1/4 cup water, flour, and salt in a large mixing bowl. Stir in melted butter. Press mixture up the sides of a 9-inch pie pan and set aside.
Step 3: Whisk together pumpkin and eggs in a large mixing bowl. Add sugar, cinnamon, caramel, vanilla extract, and milk; whisk until well combined. Add flour mixture to pumpkin mixture; stir until well combined.
Step 4: Pour the mixture into the prepared pie pan. Bake for 15 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in the center comes clean. Cool completely on the wire rack.
Step 5: Top with cinnamon sugar mixture before serving.
TIP: You can use the same pumpkin pie recipe for a dog pumpkin pie recipe, but the difference is that you can add more spices and only use healthy ingredients. You can also use less flour since your dog will not be able to eat as much as human beings.
Nutrition facts of Dog pumpkin pie recipe
- Fat 3.4g (lower than the average for an apple pie)
- Carbohydrates 7.7g
- Dietary fiber 2.6g
- Protein 1.9g
- Calories: 157 (lower than average)
- Total fat: 3.8g
- Saturated fat: 0.7g Saturated fatty acid 0.7 g
- Sugars: 4.3g
- Cholesterol: 1mg
- Sodium: 70mg
- Potassium: 264mg
- Dietary fiber: 2.6g
- Vitamin A: 2% RDA (higher than average)
- Vitamin C: 1% RDA (lower than average)
- Calcium : 3% RDA (higher than average)
Benefits of eating the Dog pumpkin pie recipe
1. Abundant in vitamins A and C, antioxidants can help strengthen your dog’s immune system.
2. Carbs are high in nutrients, fiber, minerals, and phytochemicals which help lower blood sugar levels while providing energy.
3. Eating a pumpkin pie can help reduce the risk of certain cancers, such as prostate cancer, lung cancer, and colon cancer.
4. As with anything else you give your dog, make sure it is a dog pumpkin pie recipe free from sugar, salt, and preservatives.
5. Dog pumpkin pie recipe is high in carbohydrates, but your dog can still get enough proteins, fats, vitamins, and minerals from the other ingredients in the recipe.
6. Pumpkin seeds are a great source of dietary fiber, magnesium, and zinc, which help to lower cholesterol levels and can also help to prevent heart disease.
7. Carrots are high in beta-carotene, a potent antioxidant that helps lower blood pressure.
8. Pumpkin and carrots are a great source of beta-carotene, which is an important antioxidant due to its ability to prevent cell damage caused by oxidative damage.
Disadvantages of eating Dog pumpkin pie recipe
1. Heavy intake of fat can cause obesity which can lead to problems such as arthritis, heart disease, and diabetes.
2. It is not a good idea to give your dog pumpkin pie even though it is good for him because overindulgence in carbohydrates may lead to obesity, eventually leading to health problems.
3. Some dogs may react when ingesting certain fruits and vegetables such as celery, grapes and tomatoes; therefore, check with your veterinarian before giving your dog pumpkin pie made with real pumpkin.
4. Dogs should not eat this pie if they have diabetes or have kidney problems or gout because it can lead to life-threatening conditions such as pancreatitis, fatty liver disease, and kidney stones.
5. However, there are instances where dogs can have a food allergy to pumpkins and their seeds. This may lead to stomach upset, vomiting, and diarrhea.
How Can Make More Delicious?
1. Try adding some cheese to the pumpkin pie.
2. You can also try adding some peanut butter or bacon bits to the pumpkin pie recipe.
3. Try using different spices for your dog pumpkin pie recipe for variety.
4. If you are making a dog pumpkin pie recipe using duck or chicken, you can try adding a few shaved slices of cheese and pieces of bacon on top before baking it in the oven.
5. You can also try adding some mashed banana, mashed sweet potato, or yams to your dog’s pumpkin pie recipe
6. Add some of your dog’s favorite vegetables, such as broccoli and cabbage, to the pumpkin pie recipe. Try adding some carrots and celery, too. You can even try to replace 50% of the butter with olive oil for your dog’s pumpkin pie recipe.
How To Store Dog pumpkin pie recipe
1. Place in a sealed container or wrap tightly and store in the refrigerator for up to four days.
2. Wrap tightly with plastic wrap, then aluminum foil, and freeze for up to 3 months.
3. If your pumpkin pie recipe is prepared using real pumpkin slices, it can be stored in the freezer for up to six months. Defrost overnight in the refrigerator before serving it to your dog.
4. Once your dog’s pumpkin pie recipe has been placed in the oven, you can store it at room temperature for up to six hours.
6. You can also freeze your pumpkin pie until it is completely cooled first before placing it in the refrigerator for up to four days. This will prevent any bacteria from growing on the surface of your dog pie.
Although dogs may not be able to eat as much of the pumpkin pie recipe, it is still a great dog treat or dessert that your dog can enjoy.
It is, however, important to know the nutritional value of the ingredients in your dog’s pumpkin pie recipe to avoid giving him food he cannot eat.
Thank you for reading our Dog pumpkin pie recipe. We hope that you found it helpful, and be sure to share this article with your family and friends who have dogs.