Dog safe pancake recipe is for those who like whipped cream and maple syrup with their pancakes. In addition to a pancake recipe, this post also includes some dog-safe toppings and ingredients you may want to add to your batter depending on the size of your dog.
Pancakes are a breakfast staple in many households, however, they can pose certain dangers for our furry friends.
Dogs are unable to properly digest wheat, milk, and eggs found in most recipes that contain these ingredients.
Dog safe pancake recipe
It is recommended that you read through this before starting to make your dog-safe pancakes. This will help you familiarize yourself with the ingredients and how they are used in dog-safe recipes. Dog safe pancake recipe is a very basic pancake recipe that works well on a small scale.
Dog-safe pancakes are made without wheat, milk, and eggs which may be found in most traditional pancake recipes. Pancakes are typically high in calories for dogs and are best eaten in moderation.
How can prepare Dog safe pancake recipe
- 1 cup whole wheat flour (you can use white flour instead of whole wheat)
- 1 cup of milk
- 3 tablespoons oil or butter
- 1/2 teaspoon dog-safe baking powder
- 2 tablespoons honey (optional if you are using a sweet topping)
- 1 egg
- Optional: Non-dairy whipped topping (Whipped cream) and maple syrup to taste
- Mixing spoon
- Plate or bowl to put cooked pancakes on after they are done cooking
- Frying pan (recommended but not necessary)
- Measuring cups and spoons
- Cutting board
- Plate for serving
Step 1: Stir together flour, baking powder, salt, and oil in a mixing bowl with a spatula.
Step 2: Whisk together milk, eggs, honey, and vanilla extract in another bowl until you have a smooth batter.
Step 3: In a frying pan heat the oil or butter over medium heat until it lightly sizzles. Pour batter into the frying pan to make small pancakes about 1/4 inch thick. Cook for about 1 minute on each side or until small bubbles forms on top of the pancakes. Repeat this step until all the batter has been used.
Step 4: Add toppings to the pancakes as desired.
Step 5: Serve the pancakes on a plate
Nutrition value of Dog safe pancake recipe
- 8. Calories: 148
- Carbohydrates – 5.2 grams
- Fiber – 2.1 grams
- Protein – 2.7 grams
- Fat -1 gram (very little fat relative to other types of cakes)
- Calcium- 27mg
- Vitamin A- 55 IU (International Units)
- Iron- 1 mg
Benefits of eating Dog safe pancake recipe
1. Dog-safe pancakes are a great source of calcium and protein.
2. Dog-safe pancakes are low in fat, making them a good option for dogs with food sensitivities or allergies to fat.
3. Dog-safe pancakes are high in dietary fiber and contain many vitamins and minerals, including B vitamins, vitamin A, vitamin E, vitamin C, and zinc. They have an excellent source of protein(2.7 grams).
4. Dog-safe pancakes are simple to make at home. You can add or omit ingredients as needed.
5. Dog-safe pancakes can be served warm or cold, making them a versatile dish.
6. Dog-safe pancakes can be made into bite-sized appetizers.
7. Dog-safe pancakes are relatively inexpensive to make.
8. Dog-safe pancakes can be served as a treat for dogs and humans alike. Pancakes are easy to eat and come in a variety of flavors (fruit, chocolate chips, syrup, etc.).
Disadvantages of eating Dog safe pancake recipe
1. Dog-safe pancakes may have some adverse effects on your dog’s health if they are cooked all the time and in large amounts, such as gastrointestinal and nutritional problems.
2. If cooked in excess, dog-safe pancakes can be a source of fat which is not good for dogs with food sensitivities or allergies to fat.
3. Dog-safe pancakes contain a small number of carbohydrates, which may cause problems for dogs with diabetes.
4. Dog-safe pancakes will not suit all dogs and might not be as nutritious as other types of food as they are high in protein and low in fiber, fat, and carbs.
How Can Make More Delicious?
1. You can add chocolate chips or fruit to make your dog-safe pancakes more delicious.
2. You can change the recipe by reducing the amount of oil and adding an egg instead. This will give your pancakes a more crispy texture.
3. You can add a bit of cornstarch which makes your dog-safe pancake recipe more delicious and chewy instead of crispy and light.
4. You can lower the amount of oil and then whisk in an egg once the batter is mixed. This will give a lighter texture to your pancakes.
How can Store Dog safe pancake recipe
1. Store any leftovers in an airtight container.
2. You can store dog-safe pancakes in the refrigerator for up to 2 days after they are cooked.
3. Make sure you label your dish with the contents, date, and time it was made so that you can remember what is inside after a couple of days have passed.
4. You can freeze dog-safe pancakes for up to 2 months.
5. You can freeze dog-safe pancakes in airtight containers for up to 6 months.
6. You can defrost them overnight in the refrigerator before serving them to your dog.
Dog-safe pancakes are generally healthy and safe to be fed to your dog. However, they might not be the best choice if your dog has diabetes or other health conditions.
If you are in doubt about whether pancakes are good for your dog, you should consult your veterinarian before feeding them to your dog.
Thank you for reading this Dog safe Pancakes Recipe. And I hope you find it useful.
Share this dog-safe pancake recipe with your friends and family and give them a try. I would love to hear about your experience with this recipe.