Dog shaped cookies recipe is perfect for the pup that likes to be pampered. It shows you how to make a healthy and tasty dog biscuit, complete with a tail, ears, and face.
This low-calorie recipe has all of the goodness of an average meatloaf made into dog biscuits for your furry friend. It is a great way to add some extra flavor and vitamins to your dog’s diet.
It is important to maintain a healthy diet for your dog, especially for those dogs who are prone to allergies or have other health conditions. These biscuits are almost like an injection of goodness into their diets.
Dog shaped cookies recipe
It is also a great way to keep your dog entertained. Everyone loves dog biscuits, and your pooch will love these homemade treats!
We all know that our dogs are family members and the best way to show them love is by making a delicious dog biscuit for them. You can serve these dog shaped cookies as snacks or you can give them as gifts to relatives and friends.
How can prepare Dog shaped cookies recipe
- 3 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 cup potatoes (boiled and mashed)
- 1/2 cup cottage cheese.
- Water as needed to mix the dough.
- 2 egg yolks beaten with 1 teaspoon of milk.
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 2 teaspoons of butter for the dog biscuits and greasing hands.
- bowl 2 cup
- Sponge 4 cup
- Rolling pin 1 piece.
- Knife and cutter or biscuit cutters
- Wire kitchen strainer.
- Baking pan 1 large.
- Cookie sheet
- Digital scale to measure flour, salt, and eggs.
- A timer or kitchen clock to keep track of time
Step 1: Mix 3 cups of whole wheat flour, 1 teaspoon of baking soda, and 1 teaspoon of baking powder in a big bowl using a digital scale.
Step 2: Add 1/2 cup mashed potatoes, (boiled and mashed), and 1/2 cup cottage cheese and mix well with a fork until the dough is well-mixed.
Step 3: Take out some flour from the dough and keep it aside.
Step 4: Add water to the dough until it is thick enough to form a ball.
Step 5: Apply olive oil to your hands, and mix the dough using your fingers.
Step 6: Keep adding flour until the dough is stiff.
Step 7: Divide dough into 1/2 -inch thick slices, and arrange them on a cookie sheet. Shape them into dog shapes as you want.
Step 8: Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C.)
Step 9: Bake for 20 minutes or until the color of the biscuits changes from light brown to dark brown.
Step 10: Cool the biscuits on a wire rack.
Step 11: Spoon 1 tablespoon of mashed potatoes into each biscuit and press them together to bake all the potatoes inside.
Step 12: Cut out ears with a biscuit cutter.
Step 13: Spoon 1 tablespoon of cottage cheese into the dog’s ear and press it together to bake it inside.
Step 14: While baking, cut the tail out with a knife or biscuit cutter.
Step 15: Allow the biscuits to cool completely before serving.
Step 16: Serve the dog shaped cookies immediately after preparation.
Nutrition value of Dog shaped cookies recipe
- Calories – 341 kcal
- Cholesterol – 23 mg
- Sodium – 409 mg
- Total fat – 10 g
- Carbohydrate – 83 g
- Protein – 24 g
Benefits of eating Dog shaped cookies recipe
1. Biscuits are made with whole wheat flour and mashed potatoes. Whole wheat contains more protein and fiber than all-purpose flour, making this nutrition-packed dog biscuit a wonderful source of energy for your pooch.
2. The dog biscuits also contain cottage cheese and egg yolks, which are both good sources of protein.
3. Vitamin-rich olive oil keeps dogs healthy and promotes the healing of their fur and skin.
4. The biscuits are also low in calories, making them a great choice for picky eaters and pregnant pets.
5. These biscuits satisfy your dog’s cravings for food with their protein content, fiber, and healthy fat.
6 . The recipe is also low in carbohydrates and sugar, thus making it an ideal snack for diabetic dogs.
7. This homemade dog biscuit can be made in large batches and stored in the freezer.
8. This recipe can be used as a substitute for expensive pet food, giving you the flexibility to control what your dog eats without spending a lot of money.
These are some of the benefits that you can get if you feed your dog this delicious homemade dog biscuit once per day.
Disadvantages of eating Dog shaped cookies recipe
1. The dog biscuits are made with mashed potatoes. Some people prefer roasted potatoes over mashed potatoes.
2. Some people might not like to give their dogs cottage cheese and egg yolks, because they are not nutritious or have a high protein content.
3. The dog biscuits are not made with real meat or bacon.
4. Some people might not like to give their dogs a dish that has egg yolk in it, because some people believe that this is bad for their dogs’ health.
5. The dog biscuits do not contain artificial preservatives such as BHT and BHA. This means these dog biscuits cannot be stored in the freezer.
How Can Make More Delicious?
1. Add bacon or ham and roll the dough into balls with them.
2. Add garlic or cheese to the dough before spreading it in the dough press.
3. You can also make biscuit cake by rolling out biscuits and creating a biscuit layer before adding any additional ingredients to it.
How can Store Dog shaped cookies recipe
1. Store the dog biscuits in the freezer and allow them to harden completely before putting them in an airtight container or plastic bag.
2. Freezing preserves the dog biscuit for up to 1 month. You can also store any leftover dog biscuits in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 5 days.
3. If you have refrigerated your dough, however, you should not refrigerate it again because it will turn into a lump of dough after refreezing.
4. To prevent the biscuits from getting stale, you should refreeze them when they get too hard.
In conclusion, these homemade dog biscuits are a healthy and nutritious treat for your pooch. It can serve as a great alternative to expensive pet food. It is also easy to make and you can easily freeze the biscuits.
The Dog shaped cookies recipe is low in calories, fat, sodium, and carbohydrates and it contains many good nutrients such as protein, fiber, and Vitamin B.
Thank you for reading this post.
If you use this dog biscuits recipe, kindly leave a comment below and let us know what you think about the post. We would love to know your thoughts on our content.