Dog smoothie recipe are you a pet owner who’s been looking for a fun and easy way to give your dog his daily dose of fruits, vegetables, protein, and minerals?
You’ve come to the right place. In this article, you’ll find an easy recipe for homemade smoothies that your puppy will love!
Dog smoothie recipes are a great supplement to your dog’s regular diet and help to improve his overall health and well-being.
Not only will you be creating healthy, homemade dog food that tastes better than kibble, but your puppy will love the variety of flavors.
Dog smoothie recipe
You must provide your dog with fresh fruits and vegetables high in fiber and loaded with vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants.
You will love this healthy smoothie recipe for dogs. It’s low calorie, low salt, and fat-free, making it an excellent choice for active feed dogs.
This healthy smoothie recipe is easy to prepare and gives your dog the vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants needed in his diet.
How to prepare a Dog smoothie recipe
Preparation Time: 5 minutes
- 100 g papaya,
- 2 bananas,
- 500 ml coconut water
- 50 g fresh greens,
- 150 g frozen pineapple cubes
- 1 tsp. almond or macadamia butter
- 1 tsp. chia seeds
- 1 tbsp. organic coconut oil
- 250 ml milk (for additional protein, healthy fats, and more volume)
- Honey/sugar to taste (optional)
- A blender (with ice crushing option)
- Blender cup
- Fine-meshed sieve (for the papaya, pineapple, and milk)
- Wooden spoon
- Bowl to mix ingredients with a spoon
- Fine-meshed sieve (for the greens)
- Small bowl (for additional liquid such as coconut water or cow’s milk)
- A measuring jug
- A kitchen scale
- Plastic wrap
Step 1: Wash the ingredients thoroughly.
Step 2: In a blender, mix the papaya, banana, coconut water, and frozen pineapple cubes on slow speed until everything is creamy and smooth.
Step 3: Add the almond/macadamia butter and blend at low speed.
Step 4: Transfer the smoothie into a measuring jug and add more coconut water or milk if needed.
Step 5: Add chia seeds and sugar/honey to taste and blend at low speed.
Step 6: Transfer into a bowl and stir in fresh greens.
Step 7: Cover with plastic wrap and place in the freezer until frozen. This will help to stabiles the sweet, creamy texture of the smoothie. Alternatively, you can also place the smoothie in the fridge for 30 minutes, but be sure to give it a good stir before serving.
The creamy fruit-based smoothie can be served as a dessert or snack for your puppy.
Nutrition facts of the Dog smoothie recipe
100 g papaya = 53 calories, 0 g fat, 22 mg sodium
2 bananas = 262 calories, 0 g fat, 60 mg sodium
500 ml coconut water = 40 calories, 0.4 g fat (0% of DV), 2 mg sodium
50 g fresh greens = 17 calories, 1.7 g fat (2% of DV), 0 mg sodium
150 g frozen pineapple cubes = 22 calories, 0.3 g fat (0% of DV), 2 mg sodium
1 tsp. almond/macadamia butter = 80 calories, 8.2 g fat (10% of DV), 0 mg sodium
1 tsp. chia seeds = 45 calories, 5.5 g fat (14% of DV), 2 mg sodium
1 tbsp. organic coconut oil = 9 calories, 0.9 g fat (10% of DV), 0 mg sodium
250 ml milk = 22 calories, 0.3 g fat (0% of DV), 25 mg sodium
Honey/sugar to taste = 0 calories, 0 g fat, 0 mg sodium
Benefits of eating Dog smoothie recipe
1. Dogs are omnivores, and eating fruits and vegetables provides them with a wide range of vitamins, minerals, antioxidants, and fiber.
2. The dog smoothie recipe is good for your dog’s teeth and healthy body. The papaya, pineapple, and greens contain some important enzymes and bone-strengthening substances which help to strengthen your puppy’s bones by making him more resistant to diseases such as arthritis.
3. Drinking this smoothie promotes good digestion and regular bowel movements, which is perfect if you feed your dog the raw (meat) diet.
4. Dogs love the taste of fruits and vegetables. This smoothie’s sweet, creamy taste serves as a tasty reward for your puppy when he has done a good job walking around or playing with his toys in the yard.
5. A healthy dog diet rich in fruits and vegetables is perfect for overall health and well-being.
6. You will find many benefits by regularly providing your dog with homemade dog smoothies or other types of homemade dog food.
7. A dog smoothie is great for dogs with sensitive stomachs and with parasites in their stomachs.
8. Dog smoothie recipe is easy and quick to prepare if you have all the right ingredients and are not short on time.
9. Dogs love the taste and aromas of fresh fruits and vegetables.
10. This smoothie is perfect for dogs with allergies. Many dogs have food allergies and do not react well to processed foods, but most have no problem digesting fruits and vegetables.
11. The dog smoothie recipe is good for your dog and tastes good to you. Mix up the ingredients, so it’s always fun and fresh with different fruit, vegetables, nuts/seeds/spices for a flavor explosion!
How To Make More Delicious?
Add more fruit, such as banana, papaya, mango, or strawberries.
Add more vegetables, such as kale or spinach.
Make a drink with coconut water instead of plain water. This will add some extra nutrition and make it even tastier! Coconut water is also good for your pup!
Add nuts, seeds, or butter to make the smoothie creamier.
Mix in a teaspoon of honey for a natural sweetener better for your dog’s digestion (no added sugars).
How To Store Dog smoothie recipe
1. If you store the smoothie in the fridge, it will last up to 24 hours.
2. If you want to freeze the smoothie, ensure that the ingredients used are freezer-friendly (not frozen green bananas or frozen pineapples). Cover the smoothie with plastic wrap when freezing and place it in a freezer with a separate compartment for ice cream. Be careful not to let any ice crystals form on the surface of the smoothie!
3. We recommend consuming the frozen smoothie within 2-4 days (probably 3 if you use fresh fruit and vegetables).
4. Frozen dog smoothies can be served to your puppy in a bowl or a water bottle. Serving it in a water bottle cools down your puppy’s drink without watering it down.
A dog smoothie is a great way to reward your puppy. It is healthy, fresh, and delicious! It will surely make your dog on a natural diet happy, and the ingredients in this smoothie are also good for humans.
This easy-to-make recipe is simple to follow and will help you to feed both you and your dog at the same time.
Thank you for reading, and we hope that you will enjoy the benefits of this recipe as much as your dog does!