Frenchie dog food recipes are a treasure trove of creative ways to serve your dog’s daily meal. These unique mixes include everything from a homemade recipe that contains chicken eggs and basil to pancakes made from the husks of French breakfast radishes.
This list will make you drool, so be sure you have plenty of water handy! The most enjoyable part about these recipes is the suggested side dishes for the day. These side dishes can easily be incorporated into your homemade recipes for an added twist.
This list includes simple twists such as adding pear juice to the main recipe and more unique uses such as creating a special treat by grinding up some vegetables with natural butter.
Frenchie dog food recipes
It is important to note that dogs are very prone to contamination, especially those who have allergies.
If you are using ingredients that you have never used in your cooking before, the best way to test it is by making a small batch and serving it to your dog immediately.
Observe for any signs of allergies, such as rashes and hives. If there are no signs of allergies, it is safe to assume that the recipe should be okay.
How can prepare Frenchie dog food recipes
- 1 lb. of ground beef
- ¼ cup of pearl barley
- ¼ cup of pumpkin seeds
- 5 French breakfast radishes (break into chunks)
- 2 carrots (grated)
- 7 cloves garlic (finely minced)
- ¾ tsp. of fresh rosemary
- Spray pan with cooking spray
- Electric grinder
- Large skillet
- Large mixing bowl
- Small mixing bowl with water and ice
- Kitchen counter
- Panini maker (optional)
- 7. Cutting board
- Silicone spoon, plastic knife, or wooden spoon
- Salad bowl (optional)
- Aluminum foil (optional)
Step 1: Pour the ground beef into a large mixing bowl
Step 2: Add in pumpkin seeds and pearl barley
Step 3: Add in rosemary, garlic, and radishes
Step 4: Use your hands to mix everything. The mixture should be well combined.
Step 5: Heat a skillet on medium heat. Make sure it is well heated first before adding any food. Once the pan is hot, put the panini maker on top of it or if you do not have one, cover the skillet with aluminum foil. Put the meat mixture in the middle of the pan.
Step 6: Once the bottom is slightly browned, put a paper towel on top of it and flip it over to cook the other side.
Step 7: Once both sides are browned, take off from heat and let cool for a minute. Now you can either put them directly into your dog’s bowl or if you want something a bit more fun than this, you can cut them into triangles and serve them as an entrée with some salad on the side.
Step 8: Enjoy!
Nutrition value of Frenchie dog food recipes
- Protein: 25%
- Fat: 12%
- Carbohydrates: 31%
- Fiber: 3 gm
- Calcium & phosphorus: 6 mg & 0 mg (per 100 gm)
- Taurine: 110 mg
- Phosphorus: 1000 mg
- Iron: 5 mg
- Vitamin B1 (Thiamine): 0.30 mg
- Folic acid: 260 µg
- Pantothenic acid: 0.70 mg
- Niacin: 3.10 mg
- Vitamin B2: 0.35 mg
- Vitamin B6: 0.32 mg
Benefits of eating Frenchie dog food recipes
1. Your Frenchie dog can eat a high percentage of its daily food from one meal.
2. It is very healthy for dogs to consume some vegetables such as the radishes that are used in many of these recipes.
3. Most dogs love this type of food, which makes it easy to feed them since it is healthy for them.
4. Many people enjoy making these recipes and it is a good way to bond with your dog.
5. The picnic recipes are also good for dogs because some dogs do not like being left alone for too long. This gives you a chance to bond with your pooch while not letting them eat unhealthy food.
6. These recipes are very healthy for humans as well, especially the ones that have been included in the list since they use ingredients that are known to help lower cholesterol levels and reduce blood pressure.
7. Using ingredients that are readily available in your pantry will cut down on your grocery expenses.
8. Some owners also use these recipes in place of their everyday meals, which is a good alternative since it is healthier for the dog and it gives you more time to spend with your canine friend.
9. The recipes are very easy to follow, which will make it easy for you to make healthy meals.
10. These recipes can be very creative if you add some of your ingredients to them by using what is readily available in your fridge or pantry.
Disadvantages of eating Frenchie dog food recipes
1. You need to be careful that you do not feed your dog too much of these recipes since some ingredients such as garlic are known to cause severe stomach problems such as bloating and diarrhea.
2. Be careful that your dog does not eat too many radishes, since they have been known to cause gastrointestinal problems.
3. It may be difficult for you to make sure that you feed your dog the right amount of food daily because it is sometimes hard for them to eat the suggested portions in one sitting.
4. The nutritional value of these recipes is not always sufficient. It is important to make sure you do not give your dog too much of some of its ingredients since some can be unhealthy for them.
How Can Make More Delicious?
1. Add some more spices such as curry and paprika to the meat mixture.
2. Serve it with some vegetables such as peas and carrots so that they can pick up the crunchiness of these ingredients.
3. Add more protein like chicken to your dog’s meal so that they would be able to get nutrients without having to take in too much of its protein.
4. Add some lamb so that the meat can be a bit more tender.
5. Serve it with a side of rice so that your dog can get some carbs for energy.
6. You can also serve this with a side of wild rice or whole wheat bread to provide your dog with carbohydrates and give them some fiber as well as make it easier to digest its proteins and fats.
How can Store Frenchie dog food recipes
1. It is best to store the leftover meals in an airtight container.
2. You can also freeze your leftover meals to keep them longer as well.
3. If you want to keep it fresh, it is best if you avoid storing them in plastic bags since they can cause some of its contents to go bad faster.
4. You can buy special containers that are designed for freezing dog food so that you do not have to worry about freezer burn or the pots melting down and making a mess on the bottom of your freezer.
There are many benefits to making your dog food. Many of the ingredients used in the recipes above can be found in any kitchen and you can use them to make meals for yourself as well as for your furry friend.
These recipes are made from all-natural ingredients which are good for your pet’s health, and some of the ingredients such as olive oil and pumpkin seeds have been known to give a variety of health benefits to humans as well.
Thank you for reading my post Hope you enjoy it, Happy Cooking!
If you have any questions, let me know in the comments below. And you can follow me on my Facebook page just click here.
And don’t forget to share this recipe with your friends via social media such as Facebook, Twitter, or others.