A healthy gravy recipe for dogs can be a healthy meal for your four-legged friend. The gravy recipe is very easy to prepare and great for dogs with sensitive stomachs.
This simple dish is an excellent example of how you can make your dog’s food healthier. The gravy is good for dogs that prefer the taste of boiled or roasted meat.
Healthy gravy recipe for dogs consists of meat which has been broiled and barbeque style with vegetables. The vegetables are usually shredded carrots, onion, zucchini, pumpkin, sweet potato and garlic.
Healthy gravy recipe for dogs
It is very simple to prepare. All you need is a pan, griddle or skillet, chicken (or turkey), and some vegetables.
You can use vegetable broth with vegetables but you can also use water if you want. You can also add some flour to make it crisper.
A healthy gravy recipe for dogs is a perfect meal to give to your dog on a weekend. This dish can also be given to your dog as a snack.
Healthy gravy recipe for dogs is perfect to use on any type of special occasions such as Thanksgiving, Christmas, and New Year.
How can prepare a Healthy gravy recipe for dogs
- Poultry broth/ water
- Garlic powder
- Salt and pepper
- Large bowl
- Griddle pan or skillet
- Measuring cup
- Spatula or fork
- Steamer or pan
- Frying pan
- Cutting Board
Step 1: Take a bowl and fill it with a measured amount of flour. Take garlic powder, poultry broth, or water and mix it in the flour until you get a smooth consistency. Pack the flour into a steamer/pan for about 5-10 minutes so that it gets crispy.
Step 2: Remove from steamer/pan and let it cool down. Add chicken on a chopping board and cut it into small pieces while you hold the knife by hand to avoid dropping the meat. You can also use tongs to hold the meat. Once you are done, place the chicken pieces into a frying pan and fry them. When they are golden brown, remove them from the frying pan and put them on a plate.
Step 3: Add some garlic to the cooking oil followed by the vegetables and some salt and pepper. Let it cook for about 5 minutes or until the vegetables become soft. Add the chicken and stir it for about a minute.
Step 4: Add the flour mixture to the cooking oil and stir until you get a thick consistency. Your healthy gravy recipe for dogs is now ready to serve.
Step 5: Let your dog enjoy this healthy meal!
Nutrition value of Healthy gravy recipe for dogs
- Calorie: 275kcal
- Carbohydrate: 34g
- Protein: 11g
- Total lipid (fat): 4g
- Cholesterol: 71mg
- Sodium: 73mg
- Vitamin A: 540RE/1060UI
- Vitamin C: 3mg
- Calcium: 25mg
- Iron: 0.2mg
- Potassium, K: 85mg
- Thiamin (vitamin B1): 0.05mg
Benefits of eating Healthy gravy recipe for dogs
1. Healthy gravy recipe for dogs provides complete protein to your dog. This means the protein from chicken is complete and the other ingredients are incomplete, which is why you need to feed your dog chicken.
2. Your dog will coat his/her gums with iron if he/she eats a Healthy gravy recipe for dogs regularly.
3. Chicken is also an excellent source of zinc needed for healthy skin and eyes as well as healthy bones.
4. The healthy gravy recipe is a good source of vitamin E used to protect the dog’s heart.
5. This dish is complete for dogs with sensitive stomachs.
6. Your dog will be healthier if he/she eats the Healthy gravy recipe for dogs regularly as well as act fit and energetic with his/her daily walk in the park or run around the yard.
7. Healthy gravy recipe for dogs is also good for dogs suffering from anxiety and stress.
8. If your dog has thyroid problems, this healthy meal can help get rid of this disease because it is a complete protein as well as minerals such as zinc. You may want to consult your vet if you are not sure about the thyroid problem of your pet.
9. Healthy gravy recipe for dogs will reduce hyperactivity in dogs with activeness problems such as ADHD or hyperactive disorder.
10. You will have a healthy pet and happy pet if you give him/her this dish.
11. Healthy gravy recipe for dogs is also great for dogs that are fighting cancer.
12. If chicken is not your dog’s favorite meat, you can replace it with turkey or beef without compromising on the nutritional value of the dish.
13. Your dog will be physically stronger and healthier if he/she eats a Healthy gravy recipe for dogs regularly. It will help build strong muscles in your dog.
Disadvantages of eating Healthy gravy recipe for dogs
1. This meal may not be appealing to dogs that have sensitive stomachs.
2. Dogs that have a minimal intake of minerals and vitamins may not be able to enjoy this dish.
3. Healthy gravy recipe for dogs does not contain any fat, which means it is low in calories. This dish is best for dogs with health issues such as obesity or diabetes as well as large breeds of dogs.
4. Dogs that have major health problems such as heart disease, fluid retention, or stomach issues may not tolerate this recipe because it is too healthy and may cause abdominal pain in these dogs.
5. Healthy gravy recipe for dogs is recommended for dogs weighing less than 15 pounds except for Chihuahua, which can eat foods with eggs and garlic.
6. This recipe should not be given to puppies, regardless of their age, because they may develop liver problems if they eat too much garlic or onions.
How Can Make More Delicious?
1. You can add butter instead of oil.
2. Add some turkey meat to make it a little more healthy.
3. You can eat it with some rice or pasta if you want.
4. You can replace milk with some multivitamin powder to add more vitamins and minerals to the dish
5. You can also replace chicken with canned tuna or salmon for variation.
How can Store Healthy gravy recipe for dogs
1. You can put it in the fridge for up to 3-4 days.
2. You can also freeze it, however, it is not recommended to freeze it for more than a month.
3. Store it in an airtight container or an airtight bag to prevent moisture from dripping on your dish, which will make it spoil faster.
4. Make sure not to store these leftovers in the refrigerator as well as keep them away from strong light, heat, and smells.
If you are looking for the best recipe for your dog, a Healthy gravy recipe for dogs is a must-try. It will improve your dog’s health and well-being by giving him/her more nutrients that he/she needs.
Your dog will also be healthier and his/her coat will look better when he is not eating this dish. This meal is not only healthy but also very tasty because it contains proteins and minerals that are important for a dog’s health.
Thank you for reading. If you have any questions, please feel free to let me know in the comment section below and I will be happy to answer your questions.