Hills bioactive dog food is a premium food made with novel ingredients designed to provide your dog with optimum health and longevity.
The product’s formula is pioneered by interspecies nutrition and behavioral science experts, who have created an amazing product that will make you one happy owner when you’re feeding your dog this well-balanced meal.
The best way to improve the well-being of your pup is by feeding Hills bioactive dog food regularly.
Hills bioactive dog food
The formula of Hills bioactive dog food will increase your dog’s resistance to disease and improve his skin and coat in several ways.
It boosts the immune system, saves energy, and promotes muscle growth and recovery during training sessions. A nutritious meal is also beneficial for your dog because of its effect on the digestive system.
The product will prevent stomach upset, tenderness, flatulence, and diarrhea. Hill’s bioactive dog food contains a blend of prebiotic fiber, probiotics, and antioxidants.
Antioxidants work by eliminating free radicals and improving the immune system, while prebiotic fiber helps to maintain a healthy digestive system.
The company of Hills bioactive dog food
Hills Bioactive Dog Food is produced by HILLS and is made in the USA. The company aims to provide dog owners with the best nutrition for their pets.
They aim to develop and market the most innovative and effective products, which can help dogs live healthier life.
HILLS works closely with pet nutritionists, scientists and veterinarians to find the best ingredients for their products.
HILLS constantly researches what dogs need for optimal health. The company has a great passion for dogs and wants to make your beloved furry friend happier and healthier.
The ingredients of Hills bioactive dog food
The main ingredients of Hills bioactive dog food are given below:
- Whole brown rice
- Animal fat
- Whole grain corn
- Canola oil
- Sweet potato
- Nutritional yeast flakes – a fermented dairy product with a taste of nutty, cheesy, and rich.
- Dried kelp
- Whole oats
- Salmon oil for Omega 3 and 6 fatty acids
- Lobster meal, taurine, L-carnitine, and vitamin D3 from animal or plant sources (if possible).
- Oleic acid from animal sources (MARS®) or vegetable sources
- Chicken liver
- Rosemary Extract
- Potassium chloride
- Dehydrated alfalfa meal, tomato pomace, and calcium sulfate (if possible).
- Probiotic cultures: Lactobacillus acidophilus, Bifidobacterium bifidum, Lactobacillus Plantarum, Enterococcus faecium, and Enterococcus faecalis.
- Prebiotic fiber: inulin
- Lactic acid bacteria
- Yeast extract (NETZY®) and ascorbic acid (VITISIN®).
- Phytic acid (for support of the immune system): magnesium sulfate, magnesium chloride, and calcium sulfate.
- Vitamin E with mixed tocopherols or d-α-tocopheryl acetate (VITISIN®)
What are the benefits of Hills bioactive dog food?
The main benefits of Hills bioactive dog food are given below:
1. This food is so tasty that your dog will love it
2. It is low in fat and carbohydrates, which helps your pup maintain a healthy weight
3. The antioxidant, probiotic and prebiotic fiber in the formula will provide your dog with everything he needs for good health
4. It helps you keep your dog’s immune system strong
5. Provides those essential fatty acids that are not found in regular food to make the coat shiny and healthy, improve the depth of their fur and keep it shiny
6. The formula features phospholipids, an essential part of the skin and fur. This ingredient helps make tissues flexible, reducing the chances of hair loss
7. The product’s vitamins and minerals ensure that your dog will have a healthy digestive system and a shiny coat.
8. Another important benefit is that it provides your dog with essential fatty acids, omega 3 and 6 fatty acids. These polyunsaturated fatty acids keep your pup healthy by promoting good skin and hair growth as well as helping him maintain a healthy weight
9. Canola oil is added to the formula, one of the best oils to keep your dog’s coat shiny and healthy.
10. The product features a probiotic that will help your pup maintain a healthy digestive system and provide him with an excellent source of prebiotics. Prebiotics are the fiber that your dog needs to stay healthy.
11. This food provides a ton of phytonutrients and antioxidants essential for your pup’s long-term health.
12. It is rich in fiber, which helps with digestion and elimination, reducing the chances of rashes and maintaining a healthy weight.
13. The food is low in calories and allows you to feed your dog on a calorie-restricted diet
14. Not only does this formula help your dog maintain that shiny coat, but it also prevents digestive disorders such as diarrhea, upset stomach, and gas, which are caused by eating poor-quality food
15. Being free from fillers and artificial substances is another great benefit of Hills bioactive dog food
What are the cons of Hills bioactive dog food?
The following are some of the cons of Hills bioactive dog food:
1. The formula is expensive
2. The manufacturers do not provide information on the number of calories or protein in the product
3. An independent scientific body does not yet prove the results of the product’s ingredients
4. This food does not reduce the weight of dogs. However, it can increase your dog’s energy level
5. It could cause stomach upset and flatulence in a few dogs if they don’t adjust to it at first
6. The food can also cause diarrhea if your dog has a sensitive stomach
7. The food may not be suitable if you have a sensitive pup
8. The product’s ingredients are not listed on the label but are listed in order of quantity
9. It is designed for small dogs only
10. The product may contain artificial colors, flavors, and preservatives
11. It may not be suitable for all breeds of dogs
12. The product is not delivered to all countries (in the Americas only)
13. It could cause allergy in some dogs
14. The ratio of carbohydrates to protein is high, which may not be suitable for dogs on a ketogenic diet (for diabetic dogs)
15. It does not contain garlic that can help your dog’s immune system stay strong
Are there any side effects?
Hills bioactive dog food may cause side effects such as diarrhea, flatulence, or upset stomach in dogs not used to the product.
However, if your puppy is healthy and has no pre-existing health issues, Hills bioactive dog food should not cause any issues. This food is made for small breed dogs, so it is important to ensure your pet does not eat too much of it.
Is Hills bioactive dog food a good product?
Hills bioactive dog food is a very good product that provides your pet with excellent nutrition if he has different health problems.
The product is available from many large pet stores and online stores and is reasonably priced. It features a unique combination of nutrients, vitamins, probiotics, and fatty acids not found in regular dog foods.
Is it Safe For Dogs?
It is safe if you follow the instructions on the label. However, you need to make sure that your pet does not eat too much of it and make him adjust to the food gradually. Also, it would help if you made sure that it is not contaminated with any artificial color.
Reviews of Hills bioactive dog food
Several dog owners have reviewed Hills bioactive dog food and are satisfied with the product and its performance.
Clark said: “I found this product good. My boy takes it very well and is doing perfectly. This dog food has a lot of taste, and my boy loves it.”
Sarah Mays said: “My vet prescribed this product for my year old basset hound suffering from pancreatitis. I am happy that the food helped him to recover quickly. He loves it and doesn’t give me any trouble taking it.”
Michael Van said: “If your pup has serious health issues, I recommend this product. It is expensive but worth every penny, as my boy is doing very well on it.”
Sue Brown said: “This food does not work for some dogs, and if you are considering buying it for your pet, you should discuss the ingredients with your vet first. However, my vet recommended this kibble, and I am happy we tried it.
Feeding guidelines for Hills bioactive dog food
Hills bioactive dog food has feeding guidelines for each stage of life, which are given below:
When your dog is a kitten, you should feed him 4-5 pieces of Hills bioactive dog food twice a day.
After your pup reaches the age of 6 months, you can begin giving him two pieces of the product daily, and you should continue doing so for another 6 months.
After that, your dog will be ready for adult food. You can begin feeding him 2 pieces every day.
If your pooch is an adult, you should give him 1 piece of the product twice a day.
If your dog is overweight and has difficulty losing weight, he may benefit from feeding on Hills bioactive dog food.
Are there any precautions?
Hills bioactive dog food is manufactured in the United States of America.
Butterbur is one of the ingredients that is used during its manufacturing process. If you have any allergies to any plant, you should avoid eating it as it may cause severe allergic reactions in your puppy.
It would help if you also were careful when handling the product to prevent contamination by not touching your pup’s mouth at all times or putting your hands in his mouth, which could result in contamination.
What does it cost?
Hills bioactive dog food costs $20. If your dog is already fed on Hills natural chicken, you could replace the hard-to-get chicken with premium lamb and give him two pieces of this new product daily.
Where to buy Hills bioactive dog food?
Hills bioactive dog food can be bought from local pet stores, online stores, or mail orders. You can also buy it from veterinary clinics. However, you should ensure that you get a genuine product before buying it as it is sold in many places.
Final thoughts on Hills bioactive dog food
This kibble contains many nutrients, vitamins, and probiotics that help your pup maintain a healthy digestive system and also provide him with energy. However, it is not effective for all dogs because it is only intended for small dogs, who may have different health problems. If your puppy is healthy, you should consider giving him this product if your vet recommends it. Also, if you have a dog that suffers from health issues like diabetes or pancreatitis, you can feed him this food to help him recover quickly.
We hope our review of Hills bioactive dog food has been helpful to you. If you want to know more about this product and other dog foods, make sure that you visit our website. There, you will find many other reviews of different dog foods and the nutritional information for over 1,600 different breeds of dogs. Also, you can see which ones are suitable for your puppy and what kind of products their owners use for grooming.
Thank you for reading our review of Hills bioactive dog food. If you have any questions, please feel free to comment below.