Homemade dog food recipes for French bulldogs are a great way to cut down on the high costs of commercial food.
These recipes are also perfect for those with pet allergies, or those who have specific needs for their dog’s food.
You can make your dog food if you want, with a few simple ingredients if you need some help. This blog post will show you several great homemade recipes for French bulldogs, including a table showcasing the items needed and what they are used for.
For most of these recipes, it would be best to have an ice cream maker or food processor because some of the ingredients can only be so finely ground otherwise the recipe won’t work properly.
Homemade dog food recipes for French bulldogs
Making your dog food is relatively easy and can be low-cost if you use the right ingredients. While it is more time-consuming than going to the pet store, at least you know exactly what your pup is eating.
You can also create your recipes if you need to make something that is specifically for your dog or if you know what their allergies are.
Watch the way your dog reacts to each meal before feeding to ensure it is not causing any allergies or digestive issues.
How can prepare Homemade dog food recipes for French bulldogs
- 1 ¼ pound of boneless chicken breast
- ½ tsp. paprika
- ½ tsp. garlic powder
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil, divided
- 1 3/4 cups of water
- 1 cup of uncooked brown rice
- ½ cup of dried split peas
- ¼ cup of minced onions
- 1 ½ cups of diced carrots
- 2 cups of diced tomatoes
- 2 tsp. salt, divided
- ¾ tsp. ground black pepper, divided
- 2 tsp. poultry seasoning
- ¼ tsp. ground sage
- ¼ cup minced green pepper
- ½ cup of frozen green beans
- Pan with lid
- Food processor or meat grinder
- Meat forks
- Large Mixing Bowl
- Food Processor
- Measuring Cups and Spoons
- Blender or Food Dehydrator
- Oven-safe bowl
- Rubber Spatula
Step 1: Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
Step 2: In a small bowl, mix paprika, garlic powder, and 1 tbsp. of olive oil, and ½ tsp. of salt.
Step 3: Coat chicken breasts with a spice mixture.
Steps 4: Heat 2 tbsp. of olive oil in a skillet over medium heat. Add chicken, brown on each side, and transfer to a baking dish.
Step 5: Stir in rice and ½ tsp. of salt, as well as 2 cups of water. Cover dish and place in oven to bake for 45 minutes.
Step 6: In a food processor or meat grinder, blend the peas, onion, carrot, and tomato until they are thoroughly ground into a paste-like consistency.
Step 7: In a large mixing bowl, combine the vegetable mixture with the remaining spices and 1 tsp. of salt and mix well.
Steps 8: After the chicken has baked for 45 minutes, remove the dish from the oven and stir in green beans with the remaining olive oil and ½ tsp. of pepper.
Step 9: Divide the vegetable mixture between the chicken baking dish and the rice baking dish. Stir mixture into vegetable mixture in each baking dish. Cover dishes with lid or foil and bake for another 30 minutes or until meat is cooked through.
Step 10: Remove lids from both dishes, stir well, and serve.
Nutrition value of Homemade dog food recipes for French bulldogs
- Calorie: 686 Kcal
- Carbohydrate: 97.3 gm
- Protein: 22.5 gm
- Total fat: 13.0 gm
- Saturated fat: 1.7 gm
- Cholesterol: 18.0 gm
- Iron: 0.9 mg
- Dietary fiber: 21.7 gm
- Sugars: 5.7 gm
- Vitamin A: 1512 IU
- Vitamin C: 32.3 mg
- Calcium: 59 mg
- Potassium: 3120 mg
- Magnesium: 30 mg
Benefits of eating Homemade dog food recipes for French bulldogs
1. This recipe serves the complete nutritional requirements of a dog.
2. This is a great recipe to cut down costs since it uses cheap ingredients like rice and chicken.
3. Chicken is one of the best types of meats for your canine as it is high in protein and low in fat.
4. This recipe is very simple and easy to make. Anybody can do it as long as they have the necessary ingredients.
5. This dish can be made depending on your dog’s preferences and health conditions.
6. This recipe incorporates a wide variety of ingredients that are easily obtained in most households and thus, making it very inexpensive.
7. This is a great recipe since you can store the leftovers in the freezer and reheat them at a later date.
8. This recipe can be used to help your dog lose weight if they are overweight.
9. Gives your dog more energy, it also helps to enhance their memory and alertness levels.
10. Helps in providing more nutrients to your dog’s body, this will keep your dog active and healthy throughout its life.
Disadvantages of eating Homemade dog food recipes for French bulldogs
1. Those with a hormonal disorder should not eat this recipe as it can lead to complications.
2. Although this recipe is cheap, still, you need to ensure that the ingredients are of high quality as some may not be of high quality and thus, may lead to health problems for your dog.
3. If your dog is allergic to certain types of meat, you should avoid using it in the recipe.
4. Those with a sensitive stomach should avoid eating this meal as they may end up having an upset stomach.
5. This recipe is not good for pregnant dogs since it can result in diseases like salmonellosis, toxoplasmosis, and ehrlichiosis.
How Can Make More Delicious?
1. Turn the baking dish into a casserole and bake in the oven for an additional 30 minutes.
2. Use pork, beef, or lamb instead of chicken if preferred.
3. Change the vegetable ingredients to suit your dog’s taste – try carrots and zucchini, spinach and tomatoes, potatoes and green beans, etc.
4. A salad dressing may be used as a seasoning instead of using salt and pepper if preferred by your dog’s taste buds
How to store homemade dog food recipes for French bulldogs
A. Store the leftovers in the freezer and reheat them at a later date.
B. Use the leftovers to prepare a large batch of food that will last you a whole month.
C. Store and freeze your homemade dog food recipes in airtight containers.
D. Do not store this meal in glass jars as it can cause a preserving effect that may affect the flavor and consistency of the meal.
After doing extensive research and analyzing the advantages and disadvantages of homemade dog food recipes, we believe that the advantages of this recipe highly outweigh their disadvantages.
This recipe is cheap and easy to cook for your dog. It is also healthy as it provides all the nutritional requirements for dogs.
This meal is a treat for your canine due to its wide variety of ingredients that are incorporated into it and thus, giving them a delicious taste. This satisfies your dog’s hunger, controls their weight, and keeps them healthy in the process.
Thank you for reading our Homemade dog food recipes for French bulldogs, hope you like them.