Homemade dog food recipes for huskies are easy to find and can provide the best way to know exactly what is going into your dog’s food.
Huskies have a special dietary requirement due to their high energy need and dense coat that requires a lot of nutrients, so it is essential to feed them customized meals designed for their individual needs.
A husky’s diet should consist of about 30-40% protein, 25%-30% fat, and up to 20% carbohydrates for proper nutrition.
Homemade dog food recipes for huskies
It is best to feed your husky good quality dog food at all times since homemade dog food recipes for huskies can also help provide you with the best sources of protein, fat, and carbohydrates to feed your dog.
When buying commercial dog foods, it is best to pick a few brands that offer your desired types of protein.
Some brands are better than others but selecting individual ingredients is recommended for the best way to ensure that you are getting only the nutrients your pup needs.
How can prepare Homemade dog food recipes for huskies
- 2 lbs. boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 1/3 cup whole wheat bread
- 1/3 cup rolled oats
- 2 tablespoons peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons cranberry jelly
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 3 whole eggs
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- Large mixing bowl
- Measuring cups and spoons
- Bowl of water and soap
- Pie pan or oven-proof dish with a lid
- Cooking spray
- Rolling pin and cutting board
- Grill pan or large skillet
- Blender or food processor (optional)
Step 1: Cook chicken thighs.
Step 2: Cut cooked chicken thighs into small pieces and place them in a large mixing bowl.
Step 3: Blend eggs, oil, peanut butter, and cranberry jelly and add to the chicken.
Step 4: Add bread, oatmeal, and broth on top of the chicken mixture; mix well.
Step 5: Spray the inside of a pie tin or oven-proof dish with cooking spray. Pour in the mixture from the bowl, cover it, and place it in the refrigerator overnight to allow it to set up.
Step 6: Place the pie tin or oven-proof dish with the pie in the freezer to allow it to set up. This should take about one hour.
Step 7: Remove from the freezer and cut into strips or small squares and serve immediately. Tastes good with your dog’s favorite treat on tops, such as cheese, peanut butter, yogurt, or liver treats.
Nutrition value of Homemade dog food recipes for huskies
- Calorie: 1,333 kcal/100 g
- Protein: 99.8 g
- Fat: 76.2 g
- Carbohydrate: 15 g
- Cholesterol: 243.4 mg
- Sodium: 711.1 mg
- Iron: 7.7 mg
- Calcium: 9.7 mg
- Phosphorus: 7.5 mg
- Potassium: 787.3 mg
- Magnesium: 8.0 mg
- Zinc: 6.4 mg
- Copper: 1.9 mg
Note: Always check with your vet to make sure your dog is healthy enough to handle the high-calorie, high-protein diet that homemade dog food recipes for huskies provide.
Benefits of eating Homemade dog food recipes for huskies
1. Contains natural dog food recipes for huskies and is good for your health.
2. All natural ingredients, so it doesn’t contain any preservatives or artificial flavors.
3. free from all kinds of preservatives, it keeps your dog’s skin healthy, shiny, and bright too.
4. The homemade food is very tasty and not just a bland diet that dogs can’t eat but friendly to your dog’s stomach too.
5. Make it yourself, so you can adjust the portions of the ingredients according to your dog’s needs.
6. It has a good amount of fiber in it, which helps to keep your dog’s digestive system on track and healthy too.
7. It is not difficult to prepare homemade dog food recipes for huskies, so you can make them easily whenever needed.
8. A little expensive but worth enough for what you get from your dog in return (health benefits, shiny fur, good health).
9. From made-out-of-scratch ingredients, it has a deep flavor that lingers in your dog’s mouth and is savored slowly.
10. A good source of protein, vitamins, and minerals, so it can help to improve your dog’s immune system too.
11. Rich in Iodine and other minerals that can help prevent some diseases such as Calcinosis, Allergies Dry Skin, Hair, etc.
Disadvantages of eating Homemade dog food recipes for huskies
1. Cooked with chicken and other meats, it contains a high amount of protein.
2. Not suitable for those dogs that have sensitive stomachs, as it can cause nausea or diarrhea.
3. Like any other dog food in the market, it may contain a trace amount of chemicals or preservatives that are not good for your dog’s health.
4. Needs to be refrigerated properly, so avoid serving it to your dog too warm or too cold.
5. A little time-consuming to prepare, and normally takes longer than commercial dog food. The chicken has to be stewed and the eggs to be cooked etc.
6. It is relatively expensive, due to its special ingredients and high protein content.
7. Can’t buy it anywhere, you need to prepare Homemade dog food recipes for huskies by yourself (unless you know someone willing to cook for your dog).
How Can Make More Delicious?
1. You can add other meats to the homemade dog food recipes for huskies, but make sure the meat is lean, without any fat or skin.
2. Remember to serve it fresh and warm, not too cold or hot. It tastes best when served right away after it is prepared.
3. Remember to add some fresh vegetables like carrots or apples when preparing Homemade dog food recipes for huskies.
4. Use other seasonings, such as pepper or garlic powder instead of salt in the homemade dog food recipe.
How can Store Homemade dog food recipes for huskies
1. After making it, keep Homemade dog food recipes for huskies in the fridge and serve it fresh.
2. Refrigerate Homemade dog food recipes for huskies in the freezer, but don’t freeze it too long as this can change its texture (adds more time to make it and will require more effort to get the same taste of Homemade dog food).
3. Put it in the freezer in a sealed container or wrap it in plastic wrap and an aluminum foil package before putting it in, so it doesn’t absorb the odors from other food items.
4. Use the homemade dog food recipes for huskies within two to three weeks of making them, or freeze them and consume them within three months.
Homemade dog food recipes for huskies have good value for money, health benefits, good shape of your dog’s skin and fur, shiny hair, and nice behavior.
The homemade dog food recipes for huskies can be served with some other treats or just by themselves. Homemade dog food recipes for huskies can be made easily at home by yourself. Worthy to serve to your furry friend.
Thank you for reading this article. If you have any questions or suggestions, please feel free to leave a comment below.
Cheers! Hope this will help you to find the perfect, homemade dog food recipes for huskies.