Homemade dog food recipes for miniature schnauzers are quick and easy to make, inexpensive, and perfect for dogs with owner-specific allergies.
Homemade dog food recipes are also a great way for young pet owners to understand the dietary needs of their pets.
A good way for new owners to start is by mixing homemade dog food recipes with a quality commercial brand. These are typically sold at grocery stores or pet stores that specialize in raw diets.
Gradually replace the store-bought food with homemade mixes until they become 100% homemade dog food recipes.
Homemade dog food recipes for miniature schnauzers
There are several things that you can do to make the difference between ordinary dog food and a very nutritious one.
For example, if you choose the best brands when making your food, you will be able to feed it to your pooch. This will make all the difference.
For instance, there are specific brands that serve as a great source of essential nutrients and vitamins such as Royal Canin that have been made with advanced modern technology and have not only been made to be nutritious but also full of flavor.
How can prepare Homemade dog food recipes for miniature schnauzers
- 1.5 cups cooked chicken (cut into large pieces)
- 2/3 cup brown rice (cooked)
- 1/3 cup warm water
- 1 tsp flax meal(ground)
- 1/2 cup whole grain oats
- 1/2 cup flax seed meal
- 1/8 cup vegetable oil
- 1 tbsp of dried onion flakes (or garlic flakes)
- Salt and pepper to taste, 1 tsp each (optional)
- Food processor
- Mixing bowl
- Knife or kitchen shears
- Steamer pot with lid (for rice and chicken)
- Measuring cups and spoons
- Cutting board
- Steamer rack
- Microwave-safe plate
Step 1: Prepare rice by cooking 1/3 cup brown rice as per instructions on the box. Or, you can use a microwave-safe bowl and cook it on high power for 3 minutes. Strain the rice to remove excess water and discard. Set aside.
Step 2: Cook chicken in a steamer in a pot with the lid on high heat for 15 minutes (or until cooked through).
Step 3: Prepare a flax meal by processing 1/3 cup whole grain oats in a food processor (do not over-process). Add it to the mixing bowl with brown rice, flax meal, and water. Mix well. Add 1 tsp of salt and pepper to taste.
Step 4: Put all ingredients in a blender or food processor and blend until smooth as possible (or alternate cooking in a food processor until smooth).
Step 5: Pour mixture into two bowls. Put flour on a large plate or cutting board and set aside. Mixing the dry ingredients first, mix the dry ingredients into one bowl and then blend into a smooth mixture in another bowl.
Step 6: Steam rice in a steamer pot with a lid. For example, I used a small rice cooker with a steamer insert to prepare the rice in less than 10 minutes.
Step 7: Cool the chicken and rice mixture before mixing by placing it under running cold water for about 2 minutes then put it in the fridge. (It will cool quicker without the warm rice). Wait for 1 hour until it is cold enough to handle and work with.
Step 8: Remove chicken from the bone and coarsely chop.
Step 9: Add all ingredients, except flax meal, to a bowl and mix well to combine.
Step 10: Add flax meal to the mixture then blend in a food processor until slightly, but evenly mixed with all ingredients. Do not over-blend as you may end up with a sticky product that doesn’t hold together as well.
Step 11: Cut small portions of dry product with a knife to fit into the measuring cups. If you prefer, use kitchen shears or simply cut the meat into smaller pieces.
Step 12: Add 1 tbsp of oil to a microwave-safe plate and place the rice in a steamer for about two minutes or until cooked through. Set aside and let cool before covering with raw ingredient mix.
Step 13: Add 1 tsp of salt at this time (optional). Mix well to form a “dough”.
Step 14: Knead the dough until it is of even consistency and easy to form into treats. Divide into portion sizes, if desired.
Step 15: Place water in a steamer pot with the lid on high heat for about two minutes or until the water is boiling. Place the meat mixture in a steam basket and place it in the pot. Boil for about three minutes or until done.
Step 16: Remove from heat and let cool before serving. Keep refrigerated after serving.
Nutrition value of Homemade dog food recipes for miniature schnauzers
- Fat (fat%) – 6.97%
- Fiber (g fiber) – 8.36%
- Protein (g protein) – 22.97%
- Carbohydrate (g carbohydrate) – 60.03%
- Ash (gash) – 8%
- Calcium (mg calcium) – 30.22%
- Phosphorus (mg phosphorus) – 33.63%
- Sodium (mg sodium) – 80424.43%
- Potassium (mg potassium) – 2202.84%
- Chloride (mg chlorine) – 4808.30%
- Magnesium (mg magnesium) – 0.47%
- Iron (mg iron) – 1.33%
- Copper (mg copper) – 0.06%
- Iodine (µg iodine) – 2,392
- Manganese (mg manganese) – 0.06%
Benefits of eating Homemade dog food recipes for miniature schnauzers
1. Homemade dog food recipes for miniature schnauzers will help you build a better and healthier life for your pet.
2. By providing your pet with the right nutritional diet, it will greatly enhance the growth of your pet’s body tissues and strength.
3. Without proper care, it may lead to some serious health conditions such as obesity and other diseases. Therefore, by feeding him or her good nutritious homemade dog food recipes, you can help your pet avoid unwanted health problems and enjoy a healthy life.
4. When you prepare your own homemade dog food recipes, you can save money.
5. It is the best nutrition that you can provide for your pet because it has lots of vitamins and nutrients that are necessary for a healthy life.
6. It is not only good for your pet but healthy for other pets, too.
7. It is easy to prepare Homemade dog food recipes for miniature schnauzers at home.
8. It will help your pet feel more energetic and fit throughout the day.
9. It has less fat, fewer calories, and less cholesterol than regular commercial dog food recipes.
Disadvantages of eating Homemade dog food recipes for miniature schnauzers
1. If your homemade dog food recipes for miniature schnauzers are not cooked properly, it can be dangerous to your pet’s health.
2. It is expensive to prepare Homemade dog food recipes for miniature schnauzers as compared to commercial dog food recipes.
3. It takes time to cook especially if you are a busy person and always on the run, it will take much time to prepare it.
4. Because of its special composition, it is not like commercial dog food recipes.
5. Because of its special composition, it takes patience to eat. But if you like to cook instead of buying commercially prepared dog food, this is the best option for you.
How Can Make More Delicious?
1. If you want to add other ingredients to your Homemade dog food recipes, the best option is raw meat and vegetables.
2. The ingredients you can add are chicken, beef, and fish which have been cut into smaller pieces.
3. You can also add anything you want such as carrots, green beans, lettuce, and cooked brown rice.
4. Do not forget to add the necessary vitamins and minerals so that the taste of the recipe is more delicious.
How can Store Homemade dog food recipes for miniature schnauzers
1. Homemade dog food recipes for miniature schnauzers should be stored in a place that is safe for your dog to eat.
2. You can store it in a refrigerator or an airtight container so that the ingredients will not deteriorate easily.
3. It is best to keep it in a dry and cool place so that it will not get spoiled easily.
Do not forget to check our other article on Homemade dog food recipes for pygmy schnauzers. Hope this article can help you in selecting the best Homemade dog food recipes for miniature schnauzers.
Life is better with dogs and homemade dog food recipes for miniature schnauzers! Schnauzers are a versatile breed that can be used for many activities, from assisting the blind to a therapy dogs.
But this breed is also considered very excellent when it concerns the role of being a watchdog. This breed is among one the breeds that have an innate guarding nature with an interesting aggressive bark to warn intruders and protect their human family.
Thank you for reading this article, I hope you find the information useful and interesting.