Just food for dogs venison recipe is a dog food recipe for your canine companion made with real venison. I’m always hesitant to make my dog food, but I’ve done it before, and it is pretty easy.
My favorite recipe is a mixture of venison that you can buy frozen or freshly ground in the grocery store and brown rice. I occasionally add a little sweet potato to it, and some pumpkin is also fine.
Just food for dogs venison recipe
It is important to know what is safe for your dog and whether or not he has any allergies. All dogs are different, so don’t make a huge batch at once if you have a small dog.
If you supplement your dog’s food with venison and rice, you should probably wait a few days before leaving that food out for free feeding. Otherwise, it will probably cause digestive upset.
How can prepare Just food for dogs venison recipe
Preparation Time: Less than 15 minutes
Cooking time: about 1 hour and 40 minutes
Yield: About 2 cups of food each day for a medium-sized dog
- 1.5 lbs venison f
- 2 cups brown rice
- 1/2 cup sweet potato that has been boiled and mashed.
- 3-4 cups of water
- 2-3 egg shells (depending on how much liquid you want to remove)
- 1/2 tbs garlic powder
- 2 tbs parsley flakes
- Cutting board
- Small bowl
- Large pot
- Tupperware or plastic container
- Kitchen thermometer to check the temperature of meat cooked in a crockpot or slow cooker
- Crockpot or slow cooker
- Wooden spoon to stir the ingredients while cooking
- Spoon for serving
- Plastic bags
- Bowl of water to clean dog bowl
Step 1: Cut venison into pieces. You don’t have to cut it too small as it will cook faster if you cut it into smaller pieces.
Step 2: Put the rice, sweet potato, and venison in a bowl and mix well.
Step 3: Add the egg shells and garlic powder.
Step 4: Mix the ingredients well and add water until you get the desired consistency.
Step 5: Put the mixture in a crock pot or slow cooker, making sure not to pack it down too much. If you are using a slow cooker, set it low for about 4-5 hours. Or, if you have a crock pot with a temperature control knob, set it low for about 1-3 hours. For my crock pot, I set the temperature to about 180 degrees.
Step 6: Add water slowly through the process. I added about 3 cups of water, making sure not to add too much so that it would be soupy. The idea is to maintain a dry mixture throughout the cooking process
Step 7: Add the remaining 2 cups of water if needed, making sure not to add too much.
Step 8: When the temperature of the dog food is about 170 degrees, check it with a kitchen thermometer. This is done to ensure harmful bacteria don’t start to grow. If it reaches this temperature, wait until it starts to rise again, and then continue your cooking process.
Step 9: If you’ve used a crock pot, remove the mixture from the crock pot and place it in Tupperware or another plastic container for storage in the fridge.
Step 10: After the dog food has cooled down, store it in a plastic container with a lid. You can freeze it if you want to, but I usually don’t, as dogs tend to like room temperature food better when it comes to this recipe.
Step 11: Serve the mixture daily with your dog’s regular food or by itself.
Nutrition facts of Just food for dogs venison recipe
- Carbohydrates – 1.7 grams
- Proteins – 6.5 grams
- Lipids – 1.5 grams
- Calories – 156 kcal
- Water – 76% of total ingredients
- Iron – 2% of the RDI
- Vitamin B1 (Thiamine) – .7% of the RDI
- Vitamin B2 (Riboflavin) – .4% of the RDI
- Selenium – .5% of the RDI
- Vitamin B3 (Niacin) – .2% of the RDI
- Vitamin C – .4% of the RDI
- Folate – .1% of the RDI
- Potassium – 1.2 % of the RDI
- Calcium – 1 % of the RDI
- Magnesium – 2 % of the RDI
Benefits of eating Just food for a dogs venison recipe
1. Provides all the nutrients your dog needs
2. Prevents obesity
3. Helps to prevent cancer of the breast, prostate, colon, and stomach
4. Helps to reduce allergic reactions in your dog
5. Stronger teeth and bones due to the natural ingredients in venison
6. Prevents skin infections such as eczema and dry, itchy eyes
7. Promotes healthy hair, nails, and teeth and is also a source of protein for your dog
8. It Can prevent your dog from becoming overweight as it will provide your dog with all the nutrients he needs
9. Provides bioavailable nutrients that your dog can easily digest
10. Helps to prevent heart disease in dogs
11. Helps to keep your dog active and fit so that he doesn’t become a couch potato and can keep up with you when you go on walks or jogs with him
12. Can reduce arthritis pain
Disadvantages of eating Just food for dogs venison recipe
1. The main disadvantage of this recipe is the high cost of venison. If you don’t have the money to spend on this, you should look for a cheaper alternative.
2. Some dogs can have food allergies, especially if they are particular dogs. For example, if your dog has an allergy to soy sauce or beef, he might also have an allergy to venison. You can tell if your dog has food allergies by testing his urine for certain proteins.
3. Dogs can not eat lamb; this recipe is similar to lamb in taste and smell. Some dogs may find the venison taste too strong, which can cause stomach upset or diarrhea. If your dog has a sensitive stomach, you should only give him small amounts of food until his stomach gets used to it.
How Can Make More Delicious?
1. For those who want to make a more delicious recipe, you can use venison in combination with vegetables like carrots, pasta, and cheese.
2. You can also use different kinds of vegetables like cabbage, kale, and broccoli.
3. You can add nutritional yeast flakes as a substitute for garlic powder or herbs in this recipe.
4. You can also add spices such as basil and oregano to make the dishes tastier to your dog’s taste.
How To Store Just food for dogs venison recipe
1. Make sure to use a container that has an air-tight seal. This prevents the mixture from spoiling due to excessive exposure to light, oxygen, moisture, and other harmful things for your pet.
2. Make sure you refrigerate the food, so it doesn’t start growing bacteria or fungi.
3. You can cover the container with either aluminum foil or plastic wrap to prevent moisture from forming on the food while it is still warm.
The price of venison is a little bit expensive compared to other commercial dog food. However, if you provide your dog with a good quality diet, you will save money in the long run due to its nutritional value and benefit to your pet’s health. I hope you found this article useful when deciding which dog food to buy for your pet.
Thank you for reading my article!
Do you have a question or comment about this article? If so, leave a comment below! I will be sure to answer your questions or get back to you on the latest article.