The Lamb stew for dogs recipe is easy to make and can be great for stimulating your pet’s digestive system.
There are many benefits to eating lamb stew as a dog, including that it can help your animal digest food better. The recipe is based on dried lamb, potatoes, carrots, pumpkin squash, and green beans.
Each vegetable has benefits for the digestive system and provides nutrients that are good for animals. This particular recipe was created by vet Dr. Katie Radcliffe who recommends the dish not only to dogs but also cats as well.
Lamb stew for dogs recipe
It is important to make sure any meat, regardless of what type of meat it is, is ground up in your dog’s stew. The grinding helps to break down the meat and makes digestion easier for your pet.
When preparing the lamb stew recipe for your dog consider using lamb from grass-fed animals as this type of animal has been proven to have higher nutritional value.
Dr. Katie Radcliffe states that dogs will get all the nutrients they need from this lamb stew for dogs recipe without needing any supplements.
How can prepare Lamb stew for dogs recipe
1 hour 20 minutes
Level of Difficulty:
- Dried Lamb (1/2 cup)
- Filtered Water (1/2 cup)
- Dried Potatoes (1 cup)
- Dried Carrots (4 oz.)
- Pumpkin Squash (4 oz.)
- Green Beans (4 oz. )
- Olive oil (2 Tbsp.)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Bay leaf (1)
- Cooking pot/pan
- Food processor (optional)
- Large bowl
- Vegetable peeler (optional)
Step 1: Take the dried lamb and put it in a food processor or use a fork to grind the lamb.
Step 2: Put the water and ground-up lamb in a cooking pot with a lid.
Step 3: Bring to a boil. Let simmer for about 45 minutes, turning over once during this time.
Step 4: Drain the liquid from your cooking pot into the sink and then put your kitchen towels in the bottom of your colander to prevent any water from getting into the bowl you use for food prep.
Step 5: Take your large bowl and add the remaining ingredients to it.
Step 6: Add the flour to the water in the cooking pot and stir.
Step 7: Add this mixture to your large bowl with all of your other ingredients. Mix well.
Step 8: Spoon this into your dog’s food bowl and allow them to enjoy this recipe without any additional spices or seasonings.
How to serve Lamb stew for dogs recipe
This lamb stew for dogs recipe is great for lunch or dinner. You can serve either the hot lamb stew or the leftovers. Dr. Katie Radcliffe recommends that you can also freeze the leftover Lamb stew for dogs recipe in bags.
This will make it easy to feed your pet when you are on the go and need to get some of the food that is already prepared.
Benefits of lamb:
Lamb is known as the “king of meats” and it has been proven by research to be very good for pets. Lamb is rich in many nutrients including a lot of B vitamins, which are important for keeping your dog healthy.
Nutrition value of Lamb stew for dogs recipe
- Calorie: 800 kcal
- Carbohydrate: 34 g
- Dietary fiber: 5 g
- Sugar: 14 g
- Protein: 38 g
- Total fat: 21 g
- Mineral content: 4%
- Cholesterol: 66 mg
- Saturated fat: 10 g
- Vitamin A: 58%
- Vitamin C: 25%
- Calcium: 46%
- Iron: 18%
Benefits of eating Lambs stew for dogs recipe
1. Improves digestion
2. Can reduce the risk of bloating
3. Great vitamin content, especially in the B12 vitamin which is important for general health
4. Limiting fat, but still including healthy fats that your cat or dog needs to thrive
5. The high fiber content in lamb will give your pet more room to move around while they are eating it and also help keep digestion normal
6. The vitamin C content in lamb is also a benefit as it helps with immune support
7. Green beans, carrots, and squash are a source of many vitamins and minerals that will benefit your pet’s health
8. Lamb is a great source of protein which means your pet will be able to get more energy from eating this dish
9. Lamb is also great for helping to control plaque and tartar buildup in your pet’s mouth
10. Lamb helps to clean the teeth when it is chewed and also allows for dental health
11. Lamb can help lower cholesterol and also prevent it from building up again
12. The omega 3 and 6 fatty acids found in lamb are great for healthy skin and coat
13. The oils found in lamb are great for helping the joints stay healthy and flexible
Disadvantages of eating Lambs stew for dogs recipe
1. Lamb is high in fat, so if your dog is overweight you will want to avoid feeding them this dish
2. Lamb stew for dogs recipe needs to be handled with care as it can break down easily, allowing bacteria to grow
3. There are many benefits, but due to the extra fat it is not ideal for all dogs
4. Lamb stew may contain grass or corn although many brands are selling lamb that does not have these ingredients in it
5. Lamb stew is not good for dogs that are not used to eating lamb as it may upset their tummy
6. This dish can be high in calories and fat, so a good diet is needed to help your dog stay healthy
How Can Make More Delicious?
1. Serve hot.
2. Use fresh ingredients
3. You can also add some carrots, onion, and celery to this recipe
4. Add some herbs like oregano and rosemary for taste (optional)
How can Store Lambs stew for dogs’ recipe
1. Prepare this dish ahead of time and store it in the fridge or freezer
2. You can also freeze the leftovers for later
3. The dog food should be stored in an airtight container to keep it fresh and fresh for a longer time.
There are many benefits to feeding your dog Lamb stew for dogs recipe. It is a great source of protein, vitamins, and iron.
However, you will want to make sure that you count the calories to make sure that your dog stays at a healthy weight.
There may be some side effects if your pet has not previously been given food with these same ingredients.
Thank you for reading the Lamb stew for dogs recipe.
If you have any other questions then please feel free to ask in the comment box below.