Meatball recipe for dogs This recipe is for a batch of meatballs that you can serve as either a main dish or as part of an appetizer.
They are easy to make and wonderful to eat! Meatballs can be served as either appetizers or main dishes and they make the perfect centerpieces for parties.
You could also give them away to friends, or freeze them in batches so that you have them when you need them.
You could even make them ahead of time and freeze them individually so that you can serve them when you are ready!
Meatball recipe for dogs
It is very easy to make these meatballs and you can prepare them in two ways. You can use them as appetizers, served with a small serving on crackers or bread slices, or you could use these recipes to make meals as well.
You can create a vegetarian meal with these recipes and serve them with rice, mashed potatoes, or noodles. You can also use them as the meatball in a lasagna-type meal.
How can prepare a Meatball recipe for dogs
15 minutes -Prepare meatball mix, cook with vegetables and add to the meatball mixture.
20 minutes – Cook meatballs in a large frying pan or on the stove fat, turning occasionally until done.
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 pound lean ground pork
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons cooking oil
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/3 cup chopped celery
- 1 cup fresh bread crumbs or dry bread crumbs
- 1 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Skillet or frying pan
- Large mixing bowl
- Spatula or wooden spoon
- Colander or strainer
- Measuring cup
- Cookie sheet
- Parchment paper
Step 1: Mix the chicken broth and egg in a large bowl. Add ground beef, pork, and chopped onion. Mix with your hands until gray.
Step 2: Stir in dry bread crumbs and salt and pepper.
Step 3: Place the meat mixture between two pieces of plastic wrap or wax paper, and roll into a ball shape.
Step 4: Roll meatballs in crumbs, place them on a cookie sheet so that they do not touch each other, and refrigerate for up to an hour or overnight.
Step 5: Heat a large skillet or frying pan over medium heat. Add cooking oil and brown meatballs on each side for about ten minutes.
Step 6: Add garlic, celery, and onion, and cook until the onion is translucent.
Step 7: Stir in broth and tomato paste bring to a boil then reduce heat to simmer for ten more minutes.
Step 8: Serve your meatballs with either pasta, rice, potatoes, or bread slices if desired.
Good to know:
1. Meatballs can be frozen by placing them on a cookie sheet and then placing the sheet into the freezer until the meatballs are solid, then you can place them into a freezer-safe gallon-sized bag. That way you can pull out as many as you need for a meal.
2. You can also freeze these meatballs individually so that you don’t have to thaw large batches of meat all at one time.
3. Meatballs can be made ahead of time and frozen, allowing you to whip up a meal on the fly.
Nutrition value of Meatball recipe for dogs
- Calorie: 517.2 kcal
- Hemoglobin: 10.7 g/dl
- Carbohydrate: 40.39 g
- Protein: 70.54 g
- Fat: 23.15 g
- Fiber: 1.82 g
- Cholesterol: 90.2 mg
- Sodium: 951.8 mg
- Potassium: 1355.6 mg
- Magnesium: 52.9 mg
- Iron: 10.3 mg
- Zinc: 8.1 mg
- Vitamin A: 80.4 %
- Vitamin B1: 3.2 %
- Vitamin B2: 7.8 %
- Vitamin B6: 15.5 %
- Vitamin C: 0.7 %
- Calcium: 65.7 mg
Benefits of eating Meatball recipe for dogs
1. Meatballs can be served as either appetizers or main dishes and they make the perfect centerpieces for parties.
2. They can be used in several types of meals and you can create a vegetarian meal with these recipes.
3. You can also prepare meatballs and freeze them in batches so that you have them ready when you want them.
4. Meatballs are a good way to get extra protein into your diet, they are an excellent source of protein and they are very economical too.
5. Meatballs are also a good source of carbohydrates and they can be low in fat as well.
6. If you are watching your cholesterol it is important that you limit red meat intake but with meatballs, you can have the flavor of red meat without the high cholesterol.
7. Meatballs are known to help people feel fuller faster, they have a higher satiety value and they can help control weight gain by keeping you feeling fuller longer.
8. Meatballs are easy to make and you can add your favorite ingredients to create unique flavor combinations.
9. Meatballs taste good anytime, they are a great dish to make for a party or just when you want something different.
10. Meatballs are fun and you can serve them with a variety of side dishes, such as noodles, mashed potatoes, rice, or pasta for a complete meal.
Disadvantages of eating Meatball recipe for dogs
1. When it comes to meatballs it is important for you to be careful about which meats you use as the main ingredient.
2. You need to make sure that you cook meatballs thoroughly, otherwise, they can contain pathogens and bacteria.
3. To avoid this you will need to turn your meatballs often so that they get cooked evenly.
4. Meatballs are not very healthy food and they have a high-fat content as well as calories.
How Can Make More Delicious?
1. You can always add some different spices to the meat mixture.
2. You can also add some different flavored meats to your meatball mix.
3. You can also substitute the beef for ground turkey and you can use a combination of both for a healthier meatball.
4. You can always include some vegetables in your meatballs to make them more nutritious and better for you as well.
How can Store Meatball recipes for dogs
1. These meatballs can be frozen for up to six months.
2. To freeze, place the mixture in a freezer bag and seal it.
3. Place on a cookie sheet in the freezer until firm and hard, then store in a freezer-safe container.
4. Defrost frozen meatballs as per instructions on the bag before serving them to your dog.
5. You can always substitute fresh meatballs for frozen ones if you know that you will not be using them within six months of freezing.
Meatballs can be a great dish for your dog and you can use them for many different meals. They are easy to make and low in fat.
The main ingredient in these recipes is lean ground beef so that means that you are getting lean protein with all of your meals.
Meatballs are a good choice of food for dogs that want to lose weight, get healthier or get muscle tone because they contain many different vitamins and minerals that help to keep the body healthy and strong. So enjoy this meatball recipe today!
Thank you for reading my article about Meatball recipes for dogs. I hope that you found this article informative and interesting. I’m always happy to receive comments and suggestions, so don’t be afraid to leave a comment on this page.