Merrick senior dog food is a high-quality and affordable food specially formulated to meet the needs of senior dogs.
Senior dogs are often misunderstood, but their dietary needs must be met just as much as younger canines.
This can be especially difficult when you’re coming up against the limitations of your wallet. With Merrick senior dog food, you’re getting a high-quality, balanced diet that is competitively priced for the market.
Specifically formulated for older dogs, Merrick senior dog food helps promote healthy digestion by maintaining ideal ph. Levels in the gut through a unique blend of probiotics.
Merrick senior dog food
Merrick senior dog food has a uniquely tasty recipe. It is made up of carefully selected nutrients that your dog can easily digest, including natural sources of vitamins and minerals, herbs and spices for added flavor, and simple, wholesome ingredients for healthy digestion.
Merrick senior dog food has been formulated to contain essential ingredients to help maintain a healthy digestive system.
It helps control your dog’s weight by regulating caloric intake and reducing fat absorption in the body.
Who makes Merrick senior dog food?
Merrick Pet Care company was founded in 1988. It is a family-owned and operated corporation focusing on quality food for dogs, cats, and other pets.
Merrick Pet Care aims to create food using high-quality, wholesome ingredients and the finest all-natural flavor enhancers.
Merrick Pet Care also believes in using simple ingredients such as oatmeal, salmon oil, and yogurt in their dog foods.
The ingredients of Merrick senior dog food
The main ingredients of Merrick senior dog food are given below:
- Salmon oil
- Sea salt
- Chicken meal
- Whole oats
- Brewers yeast
- Fruits (apples, cranberries, blueberries, pineapple)
- Milk protein concentrate
- Herbs and vegetables (carrots, celery, spinach)
- Sunflower oil (preserved with mixed tocopherols)
- Deboned chicken
- Whole eggs
- Flaxseed meal
- Natural flavor
Are there any side effects?
There have been no side effects reported with Merrick senior dog food. However, Merrick senior dog food should be avoided if your dog has a known allergy to any of the abovementioned ingredients.
Are there any allergy issues?
Merrick senior dog food contains no corn, wheat, soy, artificial colors, or flavors. Therefore it is recommended as a hypoallergenic food that may assist dogs with skin problems.
How much should my dog eat?
The recommended amount of Merrick senior dog food you feed your dog depends on their age and weight.
The typical adult dog (8-year-old size) should be fed 1 to 3 cups a day. You can adjust this amount according to the calorie needs of your dog.
Feeding guidelines for Merrick senior dog food
Merrick senior dog food has feeding guidelines for each stage of life, which are given below:
1. Puppies under one year of age should be fed 3 or 4 times daily. The meals should be spaced out so that there are at least 8 hours between them.
2. Puppies over one year can be transitioned to 2 meals daily, with food spaced out over 12 hours.
3. Adult dogs can eat 1 to 2 cups of Merrick senior dog food twice a day, with food spaced out over 8 hours.
4. Senior dogs can eat 1 to 2 cups of Merrick senior dog food daily, with food spaced out over 12 hours.
5. Dogs in rapid growth should eat more than their recommended amount.
6. Dogs recovering from surgery or illness may need to eat more than their recommended amount until they return to their normal weight.
7. Feed your dog whatever they will eat in 30 minutes or less at each meal.
8. Do not feed your dog food that is too rich in calories.
9. It is important to keep your dog on a steady calorie intake to stay at the right weight.
10. If you are concerned about your dog losing weight, decrease their meal size by 50 percent by cutting out some smaller meals and adding small snacks between meals every few days.
11. Do not feed your dog more than they will eat in one hour at each meal.
The company of Merrick senior dog food
Merrick Pet Care company was founded in 1988 and is a family-owned and operated corporation. The mission of Merrick Pet Care is to provide wholesome dog food for all pet owners looking for high-quality food made from natural ingredients.
Merrick Pet Care believes that many ingredients can be used in dog food such as fruits like apples, blueberries, cranberries, pineapple, and spinach are found naturally in the diet of dogs.
How to store Merrick senior dog food?
Merrick senior dog food should be stored in a cool, dry place and away from sunlight, heat, and moisture.
What are the benefits of Merrick senior dog food?
The main benefits of Merrick senior dog food are given below:
1. It is hypoallergenic dog food.
2. It is clinically proven to help your dog maintain a healthy weight and improve digestion.
3. It has a unique and irresistible flavor that makes your dog happy to eat it daily.
4. Merrick senior dog food has exceptional palatability for any dog breed, including old, medium, and small dogs, shedding dogs, and grooming dogs.
5. Merrick senior dog food has several ingredients that have been scientifically proven to help maintain the healthy digestive system of dogs.
6. It is rich in vitamins and minerals for healthy digestion.
7. Merrick senior dog food does not contain corn, wheat, soy, artificial colors, or flavors. Therefore it is recommended as a hypoallergenic food that may assist dogs with skin problems.
8. Merrick senior dog food contains no dairy products and digestible carbohydrates for your dog’s survival needs, such as calcium and sodium.
9. Merrick senior dog food is 100 percent holistic, natural, and healthy.
What is the price of Merrick senior dog food?
The price of Merrick senior dog food varies depending on the size and quantity that you order. There are three price ranges for Merrick senior dog food, which are given below:
1. The economical range is for small/medium breed dogs weighing under 20 pounds. The product will cost you $55 to $75 depending on the package size, i.e., 6 canisters, 5 canisters, and 3 canisters.
2. The medium range is for medium breed dogs weighing between 20 and 50 pounds (approximate). The product will cost you $75 to $100 depending on the package size, i.e., 4 canisters, 3 canisters, and 2 canisters.
3. The premium range is for large breed dogs weighing more than 50 pounds (approximate). The product will cost you $95 to $110 depending on the package size, i.e., 2 canisters and 1 canister.
Where to buy Merrick senior dog food?
Merrick senior dog food can be purchased online at Merrickpetfood.com and Amazon.com.
Is Merrick senior dog food safe for my dog?
As far as we know, Merrick senior dog food is 100 percent safe for your pet to consume if given proper care and attention to keep them healthy.
What are the cons of Merrick senior dog food?
The cons of Merrick senior dog food are given below:
1. You should always check with your veterinarian or a veterinarian’s assistant before beginning any diet for your pet since it could be quite an adjustment for them. You might not work out in their favor.
2. The price of Merrick senior dog food may be a little expensive for some people.
3. To get the best results from eating Merrick senior dog food, at least you should change your pet’s regular diet every 6 months or so.
4. It is not as easy to find Merrick senior dog food in stores as in other dog food brands.
5. It is not a good option for dogs allergic to some food ingredients.
6. It is not recommended for dogs with a low calcium level.
7. It is not recommended for puppies younger than one-year-old as the food may be too rich in calories.
8. It may not be a good option for overweight dogs.
9. Getting your dog’s specific nutrition levels for general health, growth, and maintenance may not be easy.
Final thoughts on Merrick senior dog food
Merrick senior dog food is an excellent option for your old or senior dog because of its palatability, nutritional value, and health benefits.
Merrick senior dog food has a unique and irresistible flavor that your pet will love, and you must watch them eat it with joy and satisfaction.
It is formulated to improve your dog’s digestion system and the overall health of your old or senior dog.
Merrick senior dog food is of excellent quality for the health and well-being of your old or senior dog. It contains important vitamins and minerals your pet needs to stay healthy, strong, and active.
It has a unique flavor and smells that your dog will love and is a good way to improve your pet’s overall health.
Thank you for reading this article. If you have any questions, please leave a comment below.