The milk bone dog biscuit recipe is an easy recipe that can be very easily prepared by you. If you want to make your dog biscuits, this simple recipe will allow you to do that.
All you need is a few ingredients and tools for the preparation of the dough and even if you are not a trained cook, you can prepare this recipe easily at home.
The milk bone dog biscuit recipe is different from other biscuit recipes for dogs in that it does not require any baking powder. The ingredients are basic and straight forward but the preparation requires a little bit of time.
Milk bone dog biscuit recipe
It is baked so that it doesn’t rise and develops a soft and fluffy texture. Also, the recipe does not require any filling as such.
The amounts of the ingredients used in the recipe are easily scaled up and if you are preparing a large number of dog biscuits, then you can choose to scale up the recipe ingredients a little bit.
However, please do not forget to use quality ingredients for making your dog biscuit and ensure that all the specifications mentioned in this recipe are followed.
How can prepare a Milk bone dog biscuit recipe
4.5 stars (out of 5)
Dog biscuits and other recipes
1-2 servings as an afternoon snack or breakfast
- 5 cups of flour
- 3/4 cup of oats
- 5 tablespoons butter
- 4 cups of whole milk
- 1/2 cup of honey or brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon of baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- A mixing bowl with a spoon
- A whisk
- A large cooking pot with a lid
- An electric fork must be used to mix the dough
- A baking tray as per requirement.
- An oven as per requirement
- A knife
- A small bowl for mixing dry ingredients
- An electric skillet for heating and baking the dog biscuits.
Step 1: In a large cooking pot, add milk and butter. Heat this to 120 degrees Celsius.
After both the milk and butter have melted, remove the pot from heat.
Step 2: Add egg, brown sugar, and honey or brown sugar to the pot with milk and butter. Mix them well till they are mixed properly.
Step 3: Sift all dry ingredients together in a bowl. Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients one by one. Mix them until you get a smooth dough. If the dough falls apart while mixing, just add some water and mix again.
Step 4: Bring out a baking sheet and grease it very well. Make sure that you grease the baking sheet or else your dog biscuits might stick to it while coming out of the oven.
Step 5: Use an electric fork and turn on the oven at 390 degree Celsius. Bake the dog biscuits on the greased baking sheet for 10-15 minutes.
Step 6: Take out the dog biscuits from the oven and place them on a cooling rack. Once they cool down, store them in an airtight container and use them as required.
You can even add some peanut butter to your dog biscuits for some extra yummy taste.
How to store Milk bone dog biscuit recipe
You will find it very easy to prepare a Milk bone dog biscuit recipe yourself if you follow these simple steps:
1. You can store the dog biscuits in an airtight container for the coming 3 to 4 weeks.
After baking the dog biscuits, cool them down before storing them.
2. After storing in the airtight container, make sure that you shake it up every day to prevent the dog biscuits from sticking to each other and crumbling by themselves.
3. You can even freeze your dog’s biscuits if you do not wish to eat them quickly.
4. You can also freeze or refrigerate your dog biscuits at your convenience.
5. Your dog biscuits can be eaten as a whole without cutting them into pieces.
Nutrition value of Milk bone dog biscuit recipe
- Calorie: 300 calories per biscuit.
- Carbohydrate: 59 grams of carbs per serving.
- Protein: 24 grams of protein per serving.
- Fat: 9 grams of fat per serving.
- Fiber: 2 grams of fiber per serving.
- Sodium: 10 milligrams of salt per serving.
- Sugar: 4 grams of sugar per serving.
- Vitamin A: 8% of Vitamin A per serving.
- Thiamin: 11% of Thiamin per serving.
- Niacin: 9% of Niacin per serving.
- Vitamin B6: 25% of Vitamin B6 per serving.
- Riboflavin: 6% of Riboflavin per serving.
- Pantothenic acid: 11% of Pantothenic acid per serving.
Benefits of eating Milk bone dog biscuit recipe
1. Dogs love the Milk bone dog biscuit recipe.
2. It is the result of a wonderful combination of sweet and salty tastes which dogs love.
3. It is a good treat for your dog without any added harm that dogs can get from these ingredients.
4. If you are new to baking, then this recipe can be a step-by-step guide for you to follow.
5. It is easy to make at home and best of all it is budget-friendly too!
6. It has been known to make your dog happier.
7. It is a good way to give your dog a more balanced and healthy diet so that your dog can live longer and healthier.
8. This recipe is made with low-fat milk, which pets naturally love to drink during the cold season of winter when they are extra thirsty.
9. Dogs with diabetes can benefit from this recipe too as it is low in sugar content and moderately high in protein content.
10. It is good for the digestive system of your dog.
11. It is also good for dogs with heart or liver problems, as it has no added artificial dyes or preservatives.
Disadvantages of eating Milk bone dog biscuit recipe
1. If your dog is allergic to dairy products, it is advisable to stay away from the Milk bone dog biscuit recipe.
2. Dogs are likely to get an upset stomach if you overdo the honey or brown sugar in this recipe.
3. It might also increase the risk of getting tooth cavities in dogs if they consume too much sugar, which is often present in this recipe.
4. This recipe might not be suitable for vegetarian dogs as it contains lactose and other animal ingredients.
5. Too much-baked dog biscuits can increase the risk of diarrhea. This is especially true if you add peanut butter to your dog biscuit recipe.
How Can Make More Delicious?
1. For a more flavor-filled dog biscuit, you can add a teaspoon of almond extract instead of vanilla extract.
2. Instead of whisking the ingredients in the bowl, you can use an electric mixer to mix them up for better results.
3. Bake your dog biscuits on a greased baking sheet to make them less crumbly and easily prone to stick to each other during cooling down.
4. You can skip the egg in this recipe and add some water instead.
5. You can also add some berries to your dog biscuit recipe for an extra yummy taste. Your dog is sure to love this addition!
The nutritional value and calorie content of Milk bone dog biscuit will vary according to the ingredients that are used in the recipe and the amount that is being prepared.
Dog lovers who are looking for an easy-to-make and fresh recipe that their four-legged friends would love should try the Milk bone dog biscuit recipe.
You might just be surprised at the taste and your dog will surely be too. This recipe is worth a try and it seems that dogs love it too.
This is a great way to bond with your dog and spend some time with him or her. If you are looking for a cheaper option, then the Milk bone dog biscuit recipe is just the right recipe for you.
Even though it might take some time to prepare this recipe, if you are focused on providing your pet with all the love and care he needs, then you should try out this recipe at least once in your lifetime.
Thank you for reading the Milk bone dog biscuit recipe and hope you find it useful. If you have any questions, please feel free to leave a comment below.