The nose balm for dogs recipe is a recipe that involves simple ingredients, and it can be used to moisturize a dog’s nose.
It is most definitely more natural than using Vaseline or other petroleum-based products, which will only clog the pores and problems.
Best of all, this recipe doesn’t have any harmful ingredients like Vicks or witch hazel, which can cause health problems when ingested by the animal.
The method of applying this recipe is simple: apply a thick layer on your dog’s nose and also on his eyelids. Do not use more than one application in a day, because if you do, it may dry out the outside of the dog’s nostrils.
Nose balm for dogs recipe
Before heading out, it is best to put your dog’s nose balm on your dog as a preventative measure. Dogs are attracted to the natural smell of this recipe, so they will not resist having their nose treated.
It also acts as an ointment and will protect your dog’s nose from irritation caused by the harsh winter winds. Dogs are not the only animals that need nose balm to protect their airways.
Humans, too, may be susceptible to respiratory problems brought on by the cold, which is why people make a version of this recipe for themselves.
How can prepare Nose balm for dogs recipe
- 2 tablespoons of petroleum jelly
- 1 teaspoon of olive oil or almond oil
- 4 drops of lavender essential oil
- 1 teaspoon of honey
- Mixing Bowl
- Storage Containers
- A scooper for the petroleum jelly
Step 1: In a bowl with a wire whisk, mix the olive oil, honey, and lavender essential oil until well blended
Step 2: In a pot over low heat, melt petroleum jelly.
Step 3: After the petroleum jelly is melted, remove it from the heat and add it to the bowl
Step 4: Add olive oil or almond oil to the bowl
Step 5: You can pass this nose balm recipe through a strainer using cheesecloth to remove any residue that may be present.
Step 6: Mix the ingredients well.
Step 7: I recommend that you store this recipe in a dark, cool place. If you keep it under 25 degrees Celsius, the smell will not fade. Store in airtight containers.
Step 8: Before your dog uses the nose balm, make sure that he is accustomed to sniffing a warm item like a hot water bottle or a hot dog bun. If you introduce this recipe to your dog as a reward, he will be more likely to sniff it and know that it is something positive.
Benefits of using Nose balm for dogs
1. It is 100% natural.
2. This recipe was made specifically for animals, so it will not cause irritation or other side effects in your dog’s nose.
3. This nose balm for dogs recipe will last a long time if stored properly (in a cool place).
4. This recipe will not cause your dog to sneeze or cough.
5. The smell of this nose balm for dogs recipe is both calming and aromatic, making it ideal for dogs with anxiety issues.
6. This recipe works as a preventative measure against colds and other diseases and illnesses that can sometimes be brought on by cold weather.
7. There are no known side effects to this recipe.
8. This nose balm for dogs recipe will not dry out your dog’s nose.
9. Because it is made from natural sources, this recipe can be used by humans as well.
The nose balm for dogs is up to you, but there are many reasons that it should be used by all pets as a precautionary measure against winter illnesses/cold temperatures.
Disadvantages of using Nose balm for dogs
1. This recipe is not available in all pet stores.
2. This recipe is a bit time-consuming to make.
3. This recipe is not suitable for animals that have sensitive skin, as you may need to reapply this every so often for your dog’s homemade nose balm to work properly.
4. Because of the gentle nature of this recipe, it will not moisturize your dog’s nose 100%.
5. This nose balm for dogs recipe will not help your dog warm up faster when the air is cold, so you may need to take steps to ensure his safety during colder weather.
If you have allergies or sensitivities and choose to use this recipe, make sure that you are not applying it near your mouth after applying it on your dog’s nose.
How can Store Nose balm for dogs’ recipe
1. Store in a cool place, such as the fridge.
2. Use the storage containers to prevent spills or for ease of application.
3. If you need to store this recipe for an extended period (more than 3 months), you will need to keep it in a freezer.
4. You can use frozen storage containers if you are storing this recipe in your freezer.
We all need to take precautions when it comes to cold weather. First, let your dog get used to sniffing warm objects like a cold water bottle or hot dog bun before applying this homemade version of a nose balm recipe.
Second, this will help you figure out which ingredients you need and where they can be found at the grocery store.
Lastly, have fun making this nose balm recipe for your dog!
Thank you for reading, and I hope this article has helped understand the importance of Nose balm for dogs.