The parsley dog treats recipe is a fun, healthy, and tasty way to reward your best friend! This easy recipe is made from parsley, flour, and eggs.
These treats are the perfect way to give your pup a healthy treat that they’ll love. This treat is not only easy and quick to make, but it will also leave your pup with cleaner breath with the minty freshness of parsley.
There are many different benefits of giving your dog this treat, including dental health and happiness. Recommended for: Dog lovers, dog owners, pet owners, dog trainers, and veterinarians.
Parsley is a wonderful source of vitamins A and C and has been used for centuries as a general tonic for the body and mind. The bright green leaves are edible, nutritious, and packed with antioxidants.
It looks like you might be eating weeds, but it’s completely safe to consume. Parsley has a very distinct flavor, so is best served raw, but it’s also great in cooked dishes.
Around 10-20 % of the weight of parsley is vitamin C, which is very important for the production of collagen and tissue repair. It’s also a storehouse of antioxidant pigments such as chlorophyll and beta-carotene.
Parsley dog treats recipe
It is always a good idea to give your dog treats that are healthy, tasty, and safe for them to have. These healthy dog treats have other benefits that make your pup even happier.
You can give this treatment as often as you want and it is easy to make. It will not make your dog fat. Also, it will not stink up your house, so you don’t have to worry about cleaning afterward.
Dogs love these tiny treats, so they are full of protein and calcium. It is also sweet and destroys bad breath in your dog.
How can prepare a Parsley dog treats recipe
- 2 bunches of parsley (washed and dried)
- 2 eggs (beaten)
- 1 ¼ cup of flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ cup sugar
- ½ teaspoon of salt Overall
- Mixing bowl
- Mixing fork
- Large pot heat
- Wooden or plastic stick
- Plate to serve the treats
- Measuring cups and spoons
- Food processor or blender
Step 1: Take a large pot and pour water into it, boil it. When the water starts boiling, add parsley leaves in it and boil for about three to five minutes.
Step 2: Using a large bowl, put flour in it.
Step 3: Beat the eggs thoroughly and add sugar, salt, and parsley leaves in them.
Step 4: Mix flour and parsley leaves until you have a dough.
Step 5: Take a wooden stick and make a small ball of dough.
Step 6: Put the balls into boiling water and boil them just until they float to the surface.
Step 7: Using a plate, transfer boiled treats to it and let them cool down.
Step 8: You can use a food processor or blender to mash up boiled parsley leaves in it.
Step 9: After about two to three minutes, take the plate and use a fork or spoon to spread mashed parsley leaves over the treats.
Step 10: Serve cooled treats to your dog.
Nutrition value of Parsley dog treats recipe
- Calorie: 15 Kcal
- Total Fats: 0.05 g
- Total Carbohydrates: 3 g
- Protein: 0.5 g
- Dietary Fiber: 2 g
- Sodium: 17 mg
- Vitamin A: 1.7 % DV
- Vitamin C: 0.9 % DV
- Calcium: 0.08 % DV
- Iron: 0.03% DV
- Magnesium: 0.04 % DV
- Potassium: 0.04% DV
- Zinc: 0.02% DV
Benefits of eating Parsley dog treat recipe
1. Parsley is a good source of fiber, which improves gastrointestinal function.
2. Parsley contains vitamins that stimulate red blood cells and prevents cell oxidation and aging of the body.
3. Parsley helps to clear heat from the liver, lower blood pressure, strengthen immunity and improve eyesight.
4. It helps improve the surface of the eyeball by increasing blood flow to it.
5. It is also an effective remedy for colds, coughs, asthma, and dry skin.
6. Parsley can help treat cancer and other diseases in the body due to its anti-inflammatory effect.
7. Parsley also promotes hair growth, improves vision, clears cravings, and detoxifies the body by improving liver function and the respiratory tract.
8. It helps to reduce the risk of colon cancer and prevent the development of kidney stones.
9. It has a variety of nutrients, such as vitamins A, C, D, E, and K along with many other minerals.
10. Parsley stimulates digestion and improves the appetite
11. It is a good source of natural diuretic properties to treat kidney stones, arthritis pain, and hypertension.
12. Parsley promotes sleep due to its high levels of magnesium.
Disadvantages of eating Parsley dog treat recipe
1. Parsley contains oxalic acid, which is poisonous to dogs.
2. It may cause nausea, vomiting, and diarrhea in large quantities.
3. Due to the presence of oxalic acid, it is best to avoid feeding pets more than a few leaves at a time because it may also lead to kidney stones in your pet.
4. Extended use of parsley can cause digestive upset and gastrointestinal irritation in pets, so it’s best not to give them too much at one time or for extended periods.
5. It may also cause hypersensitivity to parsley.
6. It can cause an allergic reaction if your pet is allergic to plants.
7. It also may cause minor skin irritation in sensitive pets.
How Can Make More Delicious?
1. You can use other flour, such as gluten-free flour or whole wheat flour.
2. You can add some spices such as cinnamon or nutmeg in it.
3. You can even add fruit to the dough because it boosts the taste of parsley and gives a different taste to your pet.
How can Store Parsley dog treats recipe
1. You can store the leftover parsley in a jar in the refrigerator for weeks.
2. You can freeze the parsley in ice-cube trays, which are a great way to store parsley for months.
3. You can also freeze it into small plastic bags and feed them to your pet as needed.
4. To make it last longer, spread out the excess flour on the plate and put the dog treats on top of it so that it acts as a barrier to protect from humidity and moisture.
Parsley is an excellent ingredient in your homemade dog treats. It helps promote the health of your dog and makes it more energetic. It also helps to improve their skin, teeth, eyes, and digestion.
Many people do not think that food can be healthy for their pets and treat them with healthy foods such as parsley recipes. It is always better to give healthy treats to your pet to prevent the accumulation of toxins in the body.
Thank you for reading my article, I hope you will like it. If you want to know some recipes please read my article, it will help you make your dogs healthy and happy.