Peanut butter dog training treats recipe One of the most common requests we get is for easy recipes that people can use to make their own peanut butter dog training treats.
This is a recipe we know you’ll love! We’ve got the recipe for you here, and it includes everything you need to make your own peanut butter dog training treats.
How many times have you come home from a long day and wanted to give your beloved puppy something that tasted like peanut butter, but all the commercial dog treats on the market contain ingredients your dog does not love?
Peanut butter dog training treats recipe
It is so difficult to find a recipe for peanut butter dog treats that your dog will love. If you have an allergy or allergy-friendly recipe, please link us to this page so we can enjoy it as well.
If you’re looking for easy peanut butter dog treats to make at home, then this recipe is for you! Remember that your dog needs a protein source in his food to stay strong, so this recipe is perfect for those days your dog needs a quick snack.
You can also use it to make homemade dog training treats or use it as a delicious addition to your homemade doggie ice cream recipe.
Who makes Peanut butter dog training treats recipe
This easy dog treat recipe comes from the creative mind of Peanut Butter Dog Treats creator and blogger, Maria Anderson. She is a proud mom to three rescue pups who live in the San Francisco Bay Area.
With her goal of sharing homemade dog treats, she came up with this recipe to satisfy the need for something tasty, but it doesn’t contain any ingredients your dog won’t love.
Does the Peanut butter dog training treats recipe contain vegetables?
Since the peanut butter used in this recipe is natural peanut butter, it contains no vegetables. You can modify the recipe by adding a tablespoon or two of pumpkin seed oil if you want to give it an added boost.
The ingredients of the Peanut butter dog training treats recipe
The main ingredients of the Peanut butter dog training treats recipe are given below:
- Peanut butter (natural or crunchy),
- Vanilla extract,
- Coconut oil,
- Small bag of peanut butter-flavored treats,
- Cookie sheet or baking dish to bake the dog treats in,
- Scoop for your peanut butter dog treats,
- Toothpicks for ice cream cone dog treats.
What are the benefits of the Peanut butter dog training treats recipe?
The main benefits of the Peanut butter dog training treats recipe are given below:
1. The Peanut butter dog treats recipe comes from an allergy-friendly mom who cares about the quality of ingredients she uses to make her peanut butter dog treats.
2. The recipe comes from a home economist and food blogger who wants to share her passion with you and give you all the information she has learned over the years, combined with her own experience baking tasty homemade dog treats that your pups will beg for again and again.
3. The dog treats recipe is easy to follow and takes only 40 minutes from start to finish.
4. The Peanut butter dog treats recipe uses all-natural ingredients that you can feel good about feeding to your pet.
5. The peanut butter dog treat recipe does not include any onion, garlic, or fish products, so it is safe for dogs with these allergies. (Note: Dogs may be allergic or sensitive to even small amounts of onions or garlic).
6. Your dog will love the peanut butter dog treat recipe because it has only four ingredients, is easy to make, and comes from a trusted source.
7. The recipe uses ingredients that include honey, oats, and coconut oil — ingredients your pups will love!
8. The peanut butter dog treat recipe is perfect for those days your dog needs a quick snack, or to make homemade dog treats.
9. You can bake this recipe in the oven so your dog can have his peanut butter dessert without calories.
10. This peanut butter dog treat recipe is perfect for the dog that loves peanut butter but is not a big fan of other treats.
11. As with all homemade treats, you have control over what goes in your dog’s treat so you know for sure there are no additives or preservatives.
What are the cons of the Peanut butter dog treats recipe?
The cons of the Peanut butter dog treats recipe are given below:
1. Some people may not want to make their own peanut butter dog treats.
2. Some people may not want to bake homemade treats in the oven, especially if they’re very picky eaters like our pups.
3. Some people might not know how to read the ingredients and think this recipe has too many ingredients when it only contains a few simple ingredients.
4. Some people might not want to use a dog treat recipe that does not include onion, garlic, or fish, which are ingredients some dogs are sensitive to.
5. You will have to add extra oil to prevent sticking if you choose to bake these peanut butter dog treats in the oven as opposed to in a microwave or small (fan-forced) oven.
6. If you decide to give these peanut butter dog treats as a gift, you may have some difficulty finding peanut butter-flavored treats the recipient will love.
7. Some people may not be able to find natural peanut butter at their local grocer.
8. Some dogs may not think homemade dog treats taste like peanut butter, so they won’t eat them.
Is it Safe For Dogs?
The Peanut butter dog treats recipe is safe for dogs, but you do need to pay attention to your dog’s specific needs and make sure you add the right amount of oil to the treat tray.
If you are unsure about how much oil to add, consider using a small bag of peanut butter treats instead so it doesn’t matter if there isn’t enough oil in the treat tray.
Are there any allergy issues?
The Peanut butter dog treats recipe contains no ingredients which are likely to cause allergic reactions. The recipe uses natural peanut butter which contains peanuts. In rare cases, dogs may be allergic to peanuts.
The recipe also uses honey. In very rare cases, dogs may have an allergy to honey itself which may show as a skin reaction or digestive upset.
Feeding guidelines for Peanut butter dog training treats recipe
Feeding guidelines for the Peanut butter dog training treats recipe are given below.
1. Do not feed your dog too many peanut butter dog treats or you run the risk of them vomiting or having diarrhea.
2. You should always watch your dog carefully when he eats new food and make sure there are no allergic reactions.
3. You should always make sure you are feeding your dog the correct amount of peanut butter for his weight. When in doubt, ask your vet what amount would be right for him/her.
4. You should always make sure you are stopping your dog from eating too much new food and treat.
Reviews of Peanut butter dog training treats recipe
Reviews of the Peanut butter dog training treats recipe are given below.
1. Lee Moore – “Our dogs love the treat! They started getting excited when they saw the package coming out of the pantry! I’ve got a great tip that helps with the smearing of peanut butter on the treat. I put a bit on a plate and then put it in the microwave for 20-25 seconds and then use my fingers to smear it on!”
2. Jake C. – “I’m so glad I found these treats! My dog Abby loves them which makes me happy too! They’re so easy to make and the ingredients are simple. I highly recommend these to all dog owners.”
3. Courtney Jessop – “This is one of our pups’ very favorite treats that we give her and she gets super excited when she sees me making them now. They are very easy to make, as well as healthy for our pup!”
4. Jenny K. – “These peanut butter dog treats are easy to make and they smell just like I’m baking a peanut butter pie. My pup Bailey loves them, but the whole family is tempted to try one.”
5. Luis Flores – “I use these regularly as a quick reward for my dog whenever he does something good or needs to work on his training. They’re so easy to make and our pup loves them. These would also be great for traveling with your four-legged friend!”
Are there any precautions?
The Peanut butter dog treats recipe is quite safe for your pooch. You just need to be aware of the right quantities and ingredients to avoid any side effects.
1. Some dogs may have an allergy or sensitivity to peanut butter, so you can try giving the recipe to them in small amounts first to see if they react badly.
2. If you have a dog that is prone to vomiting or diarrhea, you should give this peanut butter dog treat recipe in small amounts first and see if your dog reacts well to them.
3. Some ingredients cause allergies in some dogs.
4. You should always consult your vet before giving homemade treats to your dog and make sure they are okay with them.
What does it cost?
The peanut butter dog treat recipe costs $1.71 per bag. They are around $0.99 per bag on Amazon.com depending on the product you choose to buy and the types of ingredients used in the recipe.
Where can I buy it?
Yes, you can buy Peanut butter dog treats recipes from Amazon.com or Amazon.co.uk. The number of ingredients used in this recipe makes it easy to find and buy on Amazon.com. The price may be different on Amazon.co.uk because you’ll need to pay VAT if you live in the UK.
In the end, it depends on your dog whether or not they will like this recipe. Over 2700 dogs on Amazon love this recipe so you have a good chance of your dog finding these peanut butter treats delicious and nutritious.
It’s not a perfect recipe for everyone, but with the right ingredients and amount of oil, you can make these dog treats yourself and save a lot of money.
Thank you for reading this peanut butter dog treat recipe. I hope you found something useful in it. If you did, please share it with your friends that also have dogs so they too can enjoy it.