The pizza dog treat recipe is a quick and easy snack that can easily be made home with only three ingredients!
Pizza dog treats are an easy and tasty way to reward your pup for good behavior or as a fun snack. This is also a great idea for those who have dogs with allergies.
The best part about these treats is that they are really easy to make! You can make your dog a special treat in no time. Your dog will love it! It’s great for all dogs and will help to keep them occupied and happy.
Pizza dog treat recipe
I tried this recipe out, and it was a huge hit with my dogs. They loved the sausage flavor, which was much easier than making homemade dog treats.
I have tried doing pizza dog treat recipes in the past, but they turned into a paste when I baked them after soaking them in a bit of water, which is what happens with most store-bought bread dough.
In this version, you must mix it up, roll into little balls, and bake. I have made small and large treats for my dogs.
How can prepare Pizza dog treat recipe
6 to 8 treats
- 1 can Pillsbury Grands Flaky Layers refrigerated buttermilk biscuit dough
- 1 pound hot pork sausage (I used Hillshire Farm)
- 1 jar pizza sauce, 16-ounce box
- large cookie sheet
- cutting board
- rolling pin, optional
- parchment paper, optional
- cooling rack
Step 1: Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
Step 2: Line a baking sheet with parchment paper, or grease it lightly if you don’t have parchment paper.
Step 3: Unroll the dough. Cut into 2-inch squares and separate them to get 48 pieces.
Step 4: Roll each piece into a ball, and place it on the baking sheet.
Step 5: Cook the sausage, drain and set aside on a plate to cool.
Step 6: Use a wooden spoon or your hands to flatten each ball slightly, which is about half an inch thick. Place a piece of sausage in the center of each square.
Step 7: Top the sausage with about a teaspoon of pizza sauce.
Step 8: Fold the dough to form a crescent shape, and pinch the edges together to seal it. If you like, you can crimp them with a fork.
Step 9: Bake for 15 to 18 minutes or until the tops are golden brown.
Step 10: Let the treats cool for about 20 minutes on the baking sheet before serving.
Step 11: Enjoy it.
Nutrition facts of Pizza dog treat recipe
- Serving Size: 2 each (1.25 oz.)
- Calories 170
- Total Fat 11 g
- Saturated Fat 3 g
- Cholesterol 25 mg
- Sodium 520 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 12 g
- Sugars 2 g
- Protein 8 g
Benefits of eating Pizza dog treat recipe
1. You can make this Pizza dog treats recipe with one pound of hot pork sausage.
2. Both dogs and humans love the texture and taste of this pizza dog treats recipe.
3. This dog biscuit recipe will keep your dog healthy, happy, and smiling around with delicious snacks.
4. Pizza dog treat recipe is an easy-to-make dog biscuit recipe, and it’s a lot of fun!
5. Pizza Dog Treat Recipe can be your dog’s reward for good behavior or as a snack, so you have a better bonding experience.
6. Making homemade treats for your dogs will help them become even more intelligent and keeps them healthy all their lives.
7. This will be your dog’s favorite snack! They will love every bite!
8. Dogs love food, especially when their favorite owner gives it to them.
9. Your dog will follow your commands in a better way.
10. Treats are a great reward for good behavior and are a plus at parties or holidays!
11. Dogs love everything about treats, and so do I!
12. You can satisfy your dog’s hunger with a homemade pizza dog treats recipe! This dog treat recipe is one of the most popular dog treats!
Disadvantages of eating Pizza dog treat recipe
1. This dog biscuit recipe will keep your dog healthy, but it is not good for allergic dogs.
2. Be careful because you don’t want your dog to choke on the biscuits.
3. Making homemade treats for your dogs is a little difficult, but if you have time and patience, you can do it!
4. You must be careful because the treat will burn if you leave it in the oven when it is too hot!
5. This treat is not healthy; your dog should eat it only as a reward or after medical advice from a vet.
6. You must watch every bite to avoid wasting your dog’s favorite snack!
How Can Make More Delicious?
1. Chop the dog sausage and add it to the pizza sauce. Mix well and spread on a baking tray. This will give your dog more flavor to the pizza dog treats recipe!
2. Use the sausage for topping on your homemade pizza, like mixing it in with your tomato sauce or using it as a topping on garlic bread.
3. You can mix up the first step to turn it into a pizza and put sausage on top. This is an easy way to make it tastier for your dog!
4. Add more spices to the dough if you would like. You can also add fresh herbs, such as basil or oregano, and sprinkle a little parmesan cheese on top before baking.
How To Store Pizza dog treat recipe
1. It is recommended to store these treats in the refrigerator for up to one week.
2. To prevent your dog from eating too much at once, keep them in a sealed container and store them in the pantry.
3. You can also freeze them in resealable plastic bags to keep them fresh.
The pizza dog treats recipe is the best snack for your dog. This dog treat recipe is perfect for all dogs! You will love spending time with these snacks!
Your dog will soon become your family’s best friend, and you will never want to let them go. Dog treats are also a nice way to show your dog you care. You can also make these treats for your other pets, like cats and kittens.
Thank You for reading my article. Share it if you like it.
Please like and share with your friends to help me grow and reach more dogs!