Pizza recipe for dogs can be made easily without harmful ingredients that can harm your pet. Not only is this a pizza recipe for dogs, but one of the best ways to ensure your dog’s health and nutrition.
This pizza recipe also allows you to feed your dog healthily while being convenient. This is a great treat for dogs, especially in the summer when your dog just wants to be outside as much as possible. This recipe is quite simple, although it does take some time to prepare.
Pizza recipe for dogs
It is worth noting that dogs with sensitive stomachs may avoid processed flour-based products. If your pup is new to homemade treats, monitor their reaction closely.
You will find that your dog will be picky when it comes to baked goods and treats, but they will slowly move out of the habit as they become accustomed to the flavor.
How to prepare Pizza recipe
Preparation Time: 1 hour
Cooking Time: 15 minutes
The ingredients of the Pizza recipe for dogs
- 4 cups of dry mix
- 1 small can of tomato sauce (this will be the binder for your crust)
- 2 tbsp of pizza seasoning
- 2 eggs. One egg white and 1 egg yolk.
- 1/3 cup of water
- 4 tbsp. of parmesan cheese
- 1 cup of mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup of cooked chicken or ham that has been chopped up into small pieces
- Other ingredients: peppers, onions, mushrooms, and olives.
- Large mixing bowl
- Bowl for basting
- Small bowl for egg white and egg yolk
- Non-stick cookie sheet (the expensive ones are best)
- Spatula or flat metal spoon
- Mixing spoon(s)
- Rolling pin or wine bottle
- Pizza cutter or knife
How to prepare Pizza recipe for dogs:
Step 1: Preheat the oven to 350 F(180 C) degrees. Dump your flour mix, pizza seasoning, tomato sauce, and water into a large mixing bowl and stir until combined.
Step 2: Separate into 3 bowls the ingredients: egg white, egg yolk, and parmesan cheese.
Step 3: Separate into small sections the egg whites and yolk.
Step 4: Beat the egg whites with a little water until they are foamy.
Step 5: Mix your parmesan cheese and egg yolk into the flour mixture.
Step 6: Add egg whites and mix well until a dough forms.
Step 7: Knead your dough into a ball shape and let it sit for 5 minutes.
Step 8: Roll out your dough to about 1/4 -1/2 inch thickness with a rolling pin.
Step 9: Spread your tomato sauce/binder mix evenly on your cookie sheet. (The tomato sauce/binder mix can be placed on the top of the dough or underneath).
Step 10: Cut any excess dough and refrigerate while preparing your ingredients.
Step 11: Sprinkle your ham, chicken, and veggies onto the dough.
Step 12: After all your ingredients have been added, roll out the refrigerated dough and place it on top of the ingredients. Fold over the edges of the dough to seal them shut.
Step 13: Cut your dough into as many small squares as possible using a sharp knife. You may want to cut your dough into 1/3 sections and then cut those sections into smaller pieces.
Step 14: Using a spatula or flat metal spoon, spread egg yolk around each square if you have left-over.
Step 15: Using a basting brush or spoon, dip the egg yolk into your cup of water and brush lightly onto your dough squares.
Step 16: Bake for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown.
Step 17: Allow cooling for 5-10 minutes before you remove them from the oven to allow your dough squares to set up.
Step 18: Serve to your dog and enjoy.
Nutrition Facts of Pizza recipe
- Calories: 291
- Total Fat: 14g
- Protein: 16g
- Carbs: 25g
- Potassium: 0mg
- Calcium: 74mg
- Iron: 1mg
- Sodium: 533mg
- Zinc: 3.2mg
- Vitamin A: 41%
- Vitamin B6: 0.5%
- Vitamin B12: 2%
- Vitamin C: 36%
- Vitamin K: 2%
- Thiamin: 1%
- Riboflavin: 1%
- Niacin: 2%
- Pantothenic acid: 2%
- Folate: 6%
- Magnesium: 4mg
- Manganese: 2mg
8 health benefits of the Pizza recipe
1. Homemade treats are not typically processed like store-bought treats. Making your treats allows you to make them healthier.
2. Homemade treats have no additives such as preservatives or artificial colors. You will use healthy and natural ingredients that will benefit your dog’s health.
3. You can control the sugar you put into your dog’s treats.
4. Homemade recipes allow you to cater to your dog’s allergies and health concerns
5. Homemade treats are made with smaller amounts of more expensive ingredients. This means that you spend less money on your pets by eating homemade treats for them as opposed to store-bought treats
6. Your dogs get more servings from your homemade recipe. It keeps longer than store-bought treats.
7. You can mix different recipes to create a new and unique dog treat.
8. You can tailor your dog’s treats to their size, eating habits, and health concerns.
How To Make More Delicious?
What if your dog does not like pizza? Don’t worry. I would recommend you to follow the following steps.
1. Buy pepperoni, breadstick, and cheese instead of ham, chicken, and veggies (if your dog is a picky eater)
2. Buy any other combination of food that you think your dogs might like
3. Prepare the dough in the same way (steps 1-5 of making the pizza recipe)
4. Bake the treats and give them to your dog on time.
How To Store Pizza recipe for dogs
1. After the pizza bites are baked, place the cookie sheet in a large plastic bag and seal it. This will keep your treats fresh for up to two weeks.
2. If your dog has a sensitive stomach, you may want to cut the pizza squares into smaller pieces and store them in separate bags to reduce stomach aches after eating too many of them at once.
4. Keep your unused dough ingredients in plastic bags in the refrigerator for up to 1 week or freeze for up to 2 months.
5. To reheat your treats, place them in a microwave-safe bowl and heat for 15 to 30 seconds until warm.
6. Cut any excess dough and refrigerate the rest for later use.
A pizza recipe for dogs is a great way to enjoy your dog’s favorite treat by making it at home instead of purchasing it at the store.
You can purchase your dog’s favorite ingredients and make them a delicious treat. You can also control what goes into your dog’s treats depending on their allergies or preferences.
If you are looking for an inexpensive and healthy way to enjoy the convenience of going out to a pizza house, then you should try making your own Pizza recipe for dogs.
Thank you for reading; I hope that you found this post helpful. Please comment below if you have any questions, and don’t forget to share this recipe with your family and friends.