Prey dog food is a revolutionary new food for dogs that is a high-quality alternative to commercial dry dog food.
Created for feral and stray animals, Prey Dog Food was designed with the understanding that prey animals eat fresh grass every day, but dogs are only fed once a day during feeding time.
Prey Dog Food improves all dogs’ health and vitality by mimicking what wild animals eat, with grasses and herbs high in fiber, vitamins, enzymes, and minerals.
Prey Dog Food
It is a complete food containing raw meat, vegetables, and fruit. It contains organ meat to provide high levels of nutrients found in the intestines, bones to provide calcium and phosphorus for strong teeth and bones, cartilage for healthy joints, minerals to ensure good bone density, dental health, and freshwater to keep everything moving well. It also contains fresh fruit and vegetables to provide vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants.
The company of Prey Dog Food
After five years of research, it was founded by Max Barber, who developed a formula that could successfully replicate the nutrients found in raw meat without using any preservatives or artificial colors.
To prove his product, he partnered with a veterinarian who used it to treat sick animals in the wild and his clinic suffering from illness, injury, or malnourishment.
The animals recovered remarkably well, so much so that Max was inspired to create a commercial product for dogs.
The ingredients of Prey Dog Food
The main ingredients of Prey Dog Food are given below:
- Raw Meat
- White Potato
- Liver (Deer and Bison)
- Feather Meal (Turkey and Duck)
- Roasted Garlic Butternut Squash
- Coconut Oil
- Sunflower Seeds
- Locust Bean Gum (Vegetable)
- Natural Flavorings
- Organic Apple Cider Vinegar
- Organic Turmeric
- Mixed Tocopherols (Vitamin E)
- Black Pepper and Sea Salt
- Dicalcium Phosphate, etc.
What are the benefits of Prey Dog Food?
The main benefits of Prey Dog Food are given below:
1. The ingredients of Prey Dog Food are 100% natural.
2. It is a complete food containing raw meat, vegetables, and fruit. It contains organ meat to provide high levels of nutrients found in the intestines, bones to provide calcium and phosphorus for strong teeth and bones, cartilage for healthy joints, minerals to ensure good bone density, dental health, and freshwater to keep everything moving well. It also contains fresh fruit and vegetables to provide vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants.
3. It improves all dogs’ health and vitality by mimicking what wild animals eat, with grasses and herbs high in fiber, vitamins, enzymes, and minerals.
4. It is high-quality food because it has been processed using traditional methods to keep out common additives and preservatives.
5. It is a wholesome food with many natural flavors and artificial ingredients. The finished product has a rich taste that dogs love.
6. It is easy to digest, and dogs do not have problems with flatulence, diarrhea, or loose stools.
7. For dogs suffering from allergies and sensitivities, it is an allergen treatment for dog allergies.
8. It does not contain any DHA/ARA, one of the most toxic additives used in commercial puppy and dog food.
9. It does not contain any genetically modified ingredients.
10. It contains no gluten, soy, or wheat.
11. It does not have artificial preservatives or additives such as sodium metabisulfite, nitrites, or artificial colors to preserve it for longer periods.
12. It is a high-protein food that can keep dogs healthy and vibrant.
What are the cons of Prey Dog Food?
The following are some of the cons of Prey Dog Food:
1. Prey Dog Food is not cheap in terms of price.
2. It is not suitable for all dogs. Because it does not contain grains, soy, or wheat, it can cause digestive problems for dogs allergic to these ingredients.
3. It is high in protein and fat, which may result in excessive weight gain and obesity for dogs with under-active thyroid glands and poor liver function.
4. It does not contain adequate levels of calcium, which may cause problems with osteoporosis and bone fractures.
5. It is not widely available. It can only be purchased online from the manufacturer’s website.
6. It is expensive to ship to other countries outside the US because of the high cost of shipping due to its weight and size.
Are there any side effects?
None of the ingredients in Prey Dog Food have been known to cause any side effects, but dogs can develop allergies to certain food ingredients.
If your dog develops an allergy, you will see symptoms such as hives or swelling of the face, lips, or tongue. Some of the side effects may include fever and vomiting.
Your dog’s stomach may also be upset with diarrhea or loose stools. Avoid giving your dog Prey Dog Food if you suspect he has any allergies to any ingredients.
Is Prey Dog Food Safe For Dogs?
It is safe for dogs as long as they have no allergies to any ingredients. If your dog seems uncomfortable or his stomach is upset after eating Prey Dog Food, stop feeding him and call your veterinarian for further advice.
How much does Prey Dog Food cost?
It is available for $27.00 for a 5.5-pound bag, $51 for a 15-pound bag, and $72 for a 30-pound bag. Shipping is extra. The 5.5-pound bag lasts about 5 days for medium-sized dogs and about 10 days for small dogs.
Is there a money-back guarantee?
It does not have a money-back guarantee because it costs far more per pound than some commercial dog food brands, making it a premium product and not an impulse buy.
However, if you are unhappy with your purchase and would like to return it for any reason, the manufacturer will be happy to refund all shipping charges.
Feeding guidelines for Prey Dog Food
Prey Dog Food has feeding guidelines for each stage of life, which are given below:
The feeding guidelines for puppies are the following:
1. For young puppies (1-4 months): 1/4 cup per meal per 10 pounds of body weight.
2. For healthy puppies: 1/2 cup per meal per 10 pounds of body weight.
3. As an adult (5 months old and older): 1 to 2 cups per day.
4. For pregnant or nursing dogs: 1/2 cup for the first 4 weeks, then increase to 1 cup for the rest of pregnancy and nursing period.
For adult dogs:
The feeding guidelines for adult dogs are the following:
1. Healthy adult dogs can eat 1 cup of Prey Dog Food daily.
2. Older dogs can eat 1 to 2 cups of Prey Dog Food daily.
3. Dogs suffering from under-active thyroid glands, kidney problems, or liver failure should eat 1 cup of Prey Dog Food for the first 2 weeks, then increase to 1.5 to 2 cups per day.
Reviews of Prey Dog Food
Dog owners who have used Prey Dog Food for their dogs have given it positive reviews, saying that it provides all the nutrients that a dog needs to survive and thrive.
Some dog owners have said that their dogs showed signs of “addiction” to Prey Dog Food, which made it easier to feed them. Dog owners have also liked that Prey Dog Food supports the environment.
Are there any faulty products?
Prey Dog Food has not had any faulty products in its history as far as it is known from the manufacturer. As with all other brands, contact the manufacturer for an exchange or refund if you suspect a problem with your purchase.
Where to buy Prey Dog Food?
Prey Dog Food can be purchased directly from the manufacturer’s website. Food is also available at many pet supply stores, veterinary hospitals, or clinics. The manufacturer’s website has contact information for stores and clinics that sell Prey Dog Food.
How well does Prey Dog Food work?
Prey Dog Food has successfully supported dogs’ health and vitality as a high-protein diet that allows dogs to thrive. Dogs are omnivores and can adapt to various food sources, but they do better on a diet rich in protein and fat.
Prey Dog Food is a dog food that has been praised for its high amounts of protein and low-fat content. It does not contain any grains or fillers, which are good for preventing allergies in dogs.
There have been some concerns about the price, but many dog owners have reported that the product provides all the nutrients their dogs need to thrive.
The manufacturer has not had any faulty products, although it is important to read their purchase agreement to know your refund rights.
Thank you for reading my article on Prey Dog Food. I hope you have learned more about this dog food and if you have any questions, please leave a comment below.