The Puka dog recipe is a unique dish that is a little more difficult to make than it looks. Puka dog recipe consists of a smoked hot dog on a bun topped with steamed corn, diced avocado, and black beans.
Puka dog recipe is a Hawaiian dish that is often made and served at the beach. Typically, people also serve a bowl of brown rice.
Puka dog recipe
Puka dog recipe is something that you need to try. As difficult as it may look, you can easily make it yourself.
And the best thing is that this Puka dog recipe doesn’t require special skills. Puka dog recipe is a simple dish that you can make for yourself.
And another good point about it is that this Puka dog recipe does not require special skills. All you need to prepare this dish is to use ingredients already available in your kitchen.
How to prepare Puka dog recipe
Preparation Time: 5 minutes
Cooking Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 20 minutes
Yields: 4 servings
- 1 pre-cooked hot dog per person
- 1 cup of steamed sweet corn per person
- 1/3 cup of black beans per person
- 3 tablespoons of Steak sauce per person
- 4 slices of avocado per person
- 4 flour tortillas per person
- 2 cups of brown rice per person
- Cutting board
- Rice cooker or saucepan or skillet with lid
- Large bowls for serving the dish
- Tortilla press
Step 1: Cook rice in a rice cooker or saucepan, or skillet
Step 2: Steam sweet corn for about 10 minutes until tender, cut into bite-sized pieces, and set aside.
Step 3: Prepare the hot dogs and cook for about 5 minutes on low heat.
Step 4: Open the lid of your rice cooker and add steamed corn and black beans.
Step 5: Cut avocado into bite-sized pieces.
Step 6: Put your tortillas into a tortilla press and flatten them
Step 7: Put the hotdogs into the tortillas and wrap them up.
Step 8: Put into a steamer until heated, about 2-5 minutes.
Step 9: Plate your dish and top with Steak sauce, avocado, and corn.
Step 10: Serve with brown rice.
The steps are easy; you can prepare this dish at home and enjoy its taste.
Nutrition facts of Puka dog recipe
- Calories 52
- Protein 1 g
- Carbs 17 g
- Fat 3 g
- Fibre 1 g
- Sodium 8 mg
- RDA% Iron 3 %
- Calcium 2 %
- Vitamin A 15 %
- Vitamin C 16 %
Benefits of eating the Puka dog recipe
1. Puka dog recipe is a healthy dish. It is low in calories, fat, and cholesterol. It also has many nutrients, such as vitamins A, C, and K.
2. Puka dog recipe is a good source of protein because it contains 3 grams of protein in 1 serving.
3. Puka dog recipe is a low-sodium dish that helps to manage blood pressure.
4. Puka dog recipe is a good source of iron that helps prevent anemia in women and children.
5. Puka dog recipe is high in calcium for stronger bones and teeth.
6. Puka dog recipe contains antioxidants called flavonoids which help reduce cancer risk.
7. Puka dog recipe is a good source of fiber which helps lessen the risk of colon cancer and heart disease.
8. Puka dog recipe contains polyphenols which contain antioxidants that help prevent the risk of liver cirrhosis, osteoarthritis, and other diseases caused by oxidative stress.
9. Puka dog recipe is rich in potassium which helps to balance electrolytes in blood and maintain normal blood pressure levels.
Disadvantages of eating Puka dog recipe
1. Puka dog recipe is high in sodium. Consuming too much sodium can increase blood pressure. Too much sodium can also contribute to osteoporosis and high blood pressure.
2. Puka dog recipe is not a good source of vitamin B and vitamin D. This means that there is a higher risk of developing diseases caused by Vitamin B and D deficiency, such as anemia, osteoporosis, rickets, tuberculosis, diabetes, and obesity.
3. Puka dog recipe is high in saturated fats. Consuming too many saturated fats can raise cholesterol levels and increase the risk of developing cardiovascular diseases such as heart attack and stroke.
4. Puka dog recipe contains sugar, and the sugar in 1 serving is high (17 grams). This can lead to obesity and other diseases caused by high sugar levels in the blood, such as diabetes and heart disease.
How To Make More Delicious?
1. Add more steamed corn and black beans to the tortilla.
2. Serve with a low-carb dressing such as olive oil or vinegar.
3. Serve with a non-fat yogurt sauce made from Greek yogurt and lime juice.
4. Serve with salsa for more flavor.
5. Serve with a side of steamed vegetables such as broccoli, cauliflower, and green beans.
How To Store Puka dog recipe
1. Puka dog recipe can be kept in the refrigerator for 2-3 hours after making it.
2. Freeze leftovers for up to 3 months.
3. Heat leftover Puka dog recipe for about 10 minutes on low heat.
Puka dog recipe is a healthy dish that is low in calories and fat and high in protein, fiber, and antioxidants. It is also low in sodium and saturated fats.
It contains polyphenols that help improve blood lipid profiles prevent cardiovascular diseases by lowering cholesterol level and helps improve blood pressure levels by balancing blood electrolytes.
Thank you for reading this article! If you have any experience with this Puka dog recipe, please share it in the comment section below.