Sardine dog treats recipe – a new, creative way to serve fish to your pup. These sardine dog treats are healthy and tasty for dogs of all sizes.
Try this sardine dog treats for a different and healthier way to serve fish to your pup. They’re high in protein, which is good for both dogs and humans! Sardines are a rich source of omega-3 fatty acids.
These fatty acids not only help to keep dogs’ skin and coat healthy, but they also support their brain function, muscular development, and heart health. Some sardines are packed with Vitamin D as well.
Sardine dog treats recipe
It is easy to make this recipe with your dog’s favorite sardines. We recommend Wild Caught Atlantic Salmon Fillets, available from a variety of online retailers.
The best part about this recipe is that it’s easy to make and much healthier than your standard treats. This sardine dog treat is healthy and filling for your pup.
They’re easy enough to make for small dogs, but can also be made for larger breeds. You can adjust the size of the mix to suit your needs, as well as the amount of fish involved.
How can prepare a Sardine dog treats recipe
- 1/2 cup rice flour
- 1 cup canned sardines packed in oil, drained (reserve oil for later use)
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- pinch of salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 cup chopped almonds
- 1/2 cup canned corn, thawed and drained (reserve the rest)
- 1/2 cup canned kidney beans, rinsed and drained (reserve the rest)
- 2 tablespoons cooking oil for basting
- Sharp knife
- Mixing bowl
- Cookie sheet or large plate with raised edges (for easy transfer to the oven)
- Large mixing spoon
- Large metal spoon (or wire whisk if you have one)
- Measuring spoons and/or cups
- Aluminum foil
Step 1: Preheat oven to 350F
Step 2: Cut open and drain sardines. Reserve the oil for later use.
Step 3: Grind sardines into small chunks by using a food processor or blender. Transfer ground sardines to a mixing bowl. (Save any pieces that cannot be ground). Add in salt, baking powder, ginger, and egg and mix with a fork until well combined (about 2 minutes).
Step 4: Add the rest of the ingredients together and mix at medium speed until the dough is formed.
Step 5: Lightly flour a work surface. Make the dough into a ball (about 1 1/4-1 1/2 inches in diameter).
Step 6: Using a cookie sheet, place the pastry on the pan. Flatten with your hand. Using a sharp knife, cut into 12 equal pieces (about 1 inch thick). Pat the pieces lightly with your hand to make them light and airy.
Step 7: Place cookie sheet in the oven and bake for 20 minutes or until golden brown. Cool before serving your dog.
Nutrition value of Sardine dog treats recipe
- Calorie: 92 kcal
- Total Fat: 3.3g
- Cholesterol: 26mg
- Sodium: 148mg
- Total Carbohydrate: 10g
- Dietary fiber: 2g
- Sugars: 1.5g
- Protein: 7g
Benefits of eating Sardine dog treat recipe
1. Sardine dog treats recipe are nutritious and full of omega-3 fatty acids. When combined with almonds and corn, dogs get the added benefit of Vitamin D.
2. Sardine dog treats recipe are high in protein and help build puppies’ muscles and bones.
3. Sardine dog treats recipe can be enjoyed as a regular treat or sprinkled on fishy kibble to add variety to your pup’s diet (best for small to medium-sized dogs).
4. Sardine dog treats recipe are cheap and easy to make.
5. Sardine dog treats recipes are easy to store and can be portioned out for different periods. Freeze the rest for a couple of months for only you to enjoy!
6. Sardine dog treats recipe will help your dog fight off parasites, strengthen its heart and bones as well as improve its coat and fur.
7. Sardine dog treats recipe will help regulate your dog’s bowel movements.
8. Sardine dog treats recipe are a good source of protein.
9. Sardine dog treats recipe can be enjoyed by dogs with skin allergies and grain sensitivities.
10. Sardine dog treats recipe is a great way to celebrate special occasions with your pup!
Disadvantages of eating Sardine dog treat recipe
1. Sardine dog treats recipes are only slightly cheaper than commercial dog treats.
2. Sardine dog treats recipe requires some preparation time, but can be prepared in a short amount of time with the right equipment by some home enthusiasts.
3. Sardine dog treats recipe might pose a choking hazard when crumbs are ingested accidentally by your pup.
4. Sardine dog treats recipe might not appeal to those dogs that don’t like the texture of sardines or corn (which is common for small dogs).
5. Sardine dog treats recipes are NOT recommended for pregnant or nursing dogs.
6. Sardine dog treats recipes are not recommended for dogs with weak stomachs (get them to see a vet if they have excessive gas, nausea, or vomiting).
7. Sardine dog treats recipe should NEVER be cooked in a microwave oven!!
8. Sardine dog treats recipe should be avoided if your pup is allergic to any of the ingredients (sardines, corn, ginger, etc.).
How Can Make More Delicious?
1. Switch the type of sardines used in the recipe. Replace with salmon fillets packed in oil.
2. Add diced potatoes, chopped carrots, or peas (1/4 cup each) to the mix for a variation in flavor and color.
3. Swap ground ginger for cayenne pepper for a spicy treat!
4. Use ground turkey instead of rice flour for an alternative protein source for your pup!
5. Use olive oil instead of cooking oil to make the recipe more healthy!
How can Store Sardine dog treats recipe
1. To store, cool, and then shape into small balls. Then place it on aluminum foil for storage. You can enjoy these treats for around 6 months or freeze them for up to 1 year!
2. As long as the treats are properly stored in an airtight container, they will stay fresh!
3. To warm them up, simply place the treats on top of a pan of boiling water until warmed through (about 5 minutes).
4. To freeze, simply put the treats in a freezer bag and store them in the freezer. Return them to room temperature before serving.
This Sardine dog treats recipe is a wonderful treat for dogs of all ages and is best served on special occasions.
Raw food enthusiasts say that this Sardine dog treats recipe has enormous health benefits for dogs. The sardine dog treats recipe is a tasty alternative to commercial dog treats, which can contain mold, pesticides, GMO ingredients, and preservatives.
The sardine dog treats recipe will make your pup’s eyes light up with happiness and you’ll have a ton of fun making them!
Thank you for visiting our site.
We hope that you have found this article useful. For questions or comments regarding this article, please feel free to contact us.