Siberian husky homemade dog food recipes are not necessarily complicated to make, the ingredients are basic and hardly expensive.
The food is made wholly with ingredients that you have in your own home, will last for a long time without refrigeration, and can be used for many other dog breeds.
If you’re not experienced in cooking with dogs in mind, then this is likely a job best left to a professional pet groomer or vet.
For those who love their animal-like family members, homemade dog food recipes are an excellent way to make sure you’re giving your pet the healthy meals they deserve.
Siberian husky homemade dog food recipes
Siberian husky owners need to check with their vets before changing their pet’s food. Not all veterinarians agree as to what is best, and your dog may need to be monitored on a case-by-case basis.
Owners who have a very finicky or uninterested dog with no health issues may wish to try Siberian husky homemade dog food recipes.
Always be cautious of allergies, especially when introducing new foods into the body of an animal that is already undergoing stress with a new home or new owner.
How can prepare Siberian husky homemade dog food recipes
1 hour and 15 minutes
- 2½ lbs. lean ground beef
- 1 medium potato, diced into chunks
- ½ cup cooked rice
- 8 oz. string cheese, cubed into small pieces
- 1 teaspoon powdered garlic
- ¾ tsp. salt
- ½ tsp. black pepper
- 1 cup soy sauce
- ¼ cup white vinegar
- 2 lbs. fresh baby carrots, sliced
- 1½ pounds fresh new potatoes, sliced
- Large stock pot, with cover
- Grinder, blender, or food processor
- Poultry shears
- Cutting board
- Vegetable peeler
- Measuring cups and spoons
- 2-quart microwave-safe casserole dish
- 2 large bowls, 1 for washing vegetables, 1 for mixing ingredients
- Knife and spoon for stirring
- Food storage containers
Step 1: Ready the ground beef and potato. Grind using a high-powered grinder or blender. Add rice, garlic, salt, and pepper to the ground beef and potato before grinding or blending.
Step 2: Pour the soy sauce into a bowl, add the vinegar and whisk into a smooth, consistent mixture. Then stir through the ground beef and potato with the string cheese. Next add carrots, new potatoes, and onion to the mashed meat mixture.
Step 3: Place a microwave-safe bowl in your microwave, fill it with water, and set it to defrost on high for 2 minutes.
Step 4: Microwave on high for another 15 seconds or until slightly softened.
Step 5: Drain water and add the meat and potato combination, mix well.
Step 6: Pour the soy sauce mixture over the meat and potato combination.
Step 7: Stir to make sure all ingredients are mixed evenly with one another.
Step 8: Fill your casserole dish with the mixture, cover it, and place it in the microwave for 20 minutes on high. After 20 minutes stir, then microwave for another 10 minutes on high. Stir after 10 minutes, then microwave for 5 more minutes.
Step 9: Uncover, add fresh carrots and new potatoes and mix thoroughly.
Step 10: Cover with the casserole dish lid, place in oven and allow to bake for another 10 minutes on high. After 10 minutes stir again and give it another 8 to 10 minutes in the oven.
In your home try this food recipe for your Siberian husky.
Nutrition value of Siberian husky homemade dog food recipes
- Calorie: 715.0 kcal/100g
- Calories from fat: 227.0 kcal/100g
- Carbohydrates: 32.5 g
- Protein: 57 g
- Cholesterol: 40 mg
- Iron: 4 mg
- Sodium: 400 mg(11%)
- Potassium: 472 mg (14%) (Female)
- Fiber: 2.1 g (8.7%)
- Vitamin C: 18 mg (25%)
- Calcium: 111 mg (12%) (Female)
- Vitamin B-6: 0.6 mg (8%)
- Magnesium: 23 mg(5%)
- Manganese: 1.3 mg(55%)
Benefits of eating Siberian husky homemade dog food recipes
1. Easy to digest and digestible for dogs with digestive disorders
2. Easy to prepare
3. No refrigeration is required makes it an excellent food for traveling and camping
4. Great all-around food and perfect for a healthy diet
5. Also makes a great base for recipes that house the meat, vegetables, and rice together in one mixture
6. Make sure you check with your veterinarian first, especially if you have an uninterested or picky dog
7. Can be used as a complete food for feeding the entire family, or feed as a supplement to make up the rest of the daily diet
8. You can also use this recipe in your recipes for vegetarian and meat lovers recipes
9. Homemade dog food is a healthy option for making your pet’s diet
10. For best results, prepare this food in advance, and store it in the refrigerator (but not longer than 3 days)
11. For dogs with health issues, homemade dog food can also be a great way to prevent possible medical issues
12. Can be used as a base for making your dog treats too
Disadvantages of eating Siberian husky homemade dog food recipes
1. You have to use a lot of ingredients if you plan to make it for more than one dog.
2. You may need to make items such as gravies, meats, and vegetables for it because you do not want a dog who is not used to eating stuff like that to get sick or not eat anything at all.
3. It may be hard to create the food in small amounts so that you can keep it fresh.
4. You have to make sure that you have all of the ingredients so that you do not run out and use something else in its place.
5. It will take time to prepare your homemade food for your dog when it could have been easier to purchase it from a store
6. You will need a lot of room for the dog’s food and items used like a blender or grinder etc.
7. It may be hard to get a dog to eat food that is different from the one that he is used to.
8. If you do not create recipes for your dog, he or she may not eat as much as they or should.
How Can Make More Delicious?
1. Add a little flavoring such as garlic and onion when making your dog food.
2. Add some shredded cheese and vegetables to make it tastier for your dog
3. Try adding some homemade gravy to your dog’s dish, which can make his meal taste better
4. Add a few things such as herbs, seasoning, and cooked pasta to your dog’s food to make it even tastier
5. Giving your dog a few treats daily will also make him more interested in his meals.
How can Store Siberian husky homemade dog food recipes
1. You can keep the dog food in an air-tight container and place it in the refrigerator for up to three days.
2. If you want to keep your food fresh after, store it in the freezer for up to two months
3. Keep it in a dry, cool place so it won’t spoil
4. Allow meat to cool completely before refrigerating
Making your homemade dog food can be easy and tasty, but you will have to make sure that the ingredients you choose are healthy and nutritious.
You will also have to make sure that you don’t use any added seasonings, as they may cause sickness. Making your dog food at home is a fun idea and it allows you to experiment with different ingredients.
If your pet has a sensitive stomach or allergies, however, do not use this recipe because it contains soy sauce which can cause stomach upset in some dogs.
Thank you for reading the Siberian husky homemade dog food recipes.
If you want the best Siberian husky dog food you can make it by yourself, and you will provide your Siberian husky with the best nutrition.