Supreme source dog food salmon meal and sweet potato recipe If you’re looking for a homemade recipe to feed your pup that’s chock-full of nutrients and healthy ingredients, look no further.
This Supreme Source dog food salmon meal and sweet potato recipe are easy to make and nutritionally sound, and your pup will love it!
You can feed this tasty kibble to your pup as a meal or supplement it with other foods. This dog food is not only good for your dog, but it also helps keep your kitchen waste-free.
Supreme source dog food salmon meal and sweet potato recipe
Dogs don’t need to eat this at every meal. But this recipe is good at helping your dog’s digestive system absorb all the nutrients that it needs.
This recipe is also great for picky eaters because they will want to eat it continuously. Although it may not look like much, it is packed with the strong nutrition that dogs need.
Nicely tasty treat this dog food recipe will be able to give your pup some essential nutrients that it will need considerably to get it through a healthy life.
How can prepare Supreme source dog food salmon meal and sweet potato recipe
For a small dog, I would start with 1/4 to 1/2 cup per day and adjust from there. For a larger breed dog, the amount could easily be doubled or even tripled.
Salmon is expensive but when you look at the price per pound this recipe is pretty economical and well within most people’s budget.
- 1 cup uncooked brown rice
- 2 cups cooked sweet potato
- 1 pound raw or canned salmon (skin and bones removed)
- 1/4 cup oat bran or oatmeal
- Applesauce and
- Animal fat
- Three cups of cold boiled chicken soup (canned or homemade)
- A large saucepan that can hold at least 3 quarts of water.
- A medium-sized stock pot or slow cooker
- A fork, whisk, and spatula
- A large mixing bowl
- A small mixing bowl
- An oven large enough to hold your saucepan or slow cooker.
- A large salad or cutting board to prepare the salmon
- Your stove
- Your oven thermometer
Step 1: In a saucepan over medium heat, add 4 cups of water; cover and bring to a boil.
Step 2: Meanwhile, in a medium bowl place the brown rice. Using your warmest hand beat the rice in your hands until it is soft and fluffier.
Step 3: Stir the sweet potato into the boiling water. Step 4: Stir in the oatmeal. Reduce heat to low, cover, and simmer for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Step 5: While the sweet potato is cooking, remove the skin and bones from the salmon; break them into smaller pieces (your dog will love nibbles of it).
Step 6: In a large bowl mix the oatmeal, oat bran, apple sauce, and pumpkin. Once the sweet potato is done continue to stir it making sure the oatmeal doesn’t burn.
Step 7: Add your cooked salmon to the bowl with the additives and stir it until everything has been fully incorporated.
Step 8: Once all ingredients have been added pour them into the cooking container that you’re going to be using for your dog’s food.
Step 9: Stir the ingredients together until everything has been evenly mixed.
Step 10: Place the cooking container in your oven and cook it at 325 degrees for about 20 minutes.
Step 11: Once your dog food is done cooking place it in a mixing bowl and stir to ensure every ingredient is well incorporated.
Step 12: Scoop your dog food into a large bowl and give your dog 3-5 tablespoons of the mixture at a time. Work it in with your hands until it is fully broken up.
Step 13: As soon as you can do so, remove your fresh dog food from the oven and cool it off to room temperature by placing it in an airtight plastic container or bag.
Step 14: serve this dog food to your dog and see how excited he gets when he sees you.
Nutrition value of Supreme source dog food salmon meal and sweet potato recipe
- Calories: 140 kcal
- Protein: 10g
- Carbohydrates: 26g
- Fat (where are the 20% of your dog’s diet): 5g
- Vitamin A: 1,000 IU/kg
- Vitamin D: 3,000 IU/kg
- Calcium: 16.8g
- Phosphorus: 7g
- Potassium: 503g
- Magnesium: 16.8g
- Iron: 0.17%
- Zinc: 1.84%
- Copper: 1.53%
- Manganese: 2.92%
- Iodine: 0.81%
Benefits of eating Supreme source dog food salmon meal and sweet potato recipe
1. Reduces digestive problems
2. Helps combat obesity
3. Helps protect against heart disease
4. Encourages healthy teeth and gums being rich in vitamin C and enhances the production of antibodies that combat disease.
5. Protects against degenerative joint diseases.
6. Advocates healthy cardiovascular function with the addition of Vitamin B12, Selenium, and Creatine.
7. Rich in antioxidants, Vitamins A and C (helps ward off cancer), zinc, and protein that helps your dog’s coat look shiny and healthy.
8. Provides a whole host of nutrients that is essential to your dog’s well-being
9. Helps keep your pet’s immune system in tip-top shape
10. Prevents seizures and protects against liver disease, and gallbladder disease
11. Can act as a natural antidepressant and lowers anxiety levels
12. This dog food is easy to make and it can assist in being environmentally friendly!
Disadvantages of eating Supreme source dog food salmon meal and sweet potato recipe
1. The ingredients used are not cheap.
2. The salmon is an expensive ingredient so it will add up quickly(more so if you use canned salmon)
3. High in fat, which may be undesirable for some dogs
4. High in sodium, which can lead to health issues if not controlled (over 3,000 mg a day for long-term feeding).
5. Requires a lot of preparation (so I would suggest buying canned salmon)
6. Dogs that are prone to pancreatitis should avoid this dog food recipe as there is a possibility they will be allergic to this dog food.
7. This dog food is prone to separation anxiety which can be problematic for certain dogs.
How Can Make More Delicious?
1. The rice can be replaced with, buckwheat and millet or another type of grain.
2. You can replace some of the water in the recipe to give a thicker consistency.
3. You can add more ingredients to your dog’s food based on your knowledge of healthy foods for dogs such as yogurt, peanut butter, molasses, or strawberries.
4. You can use cod or any other type of fish in place of salmon.
5. You can put this recipe in a stand mixer before serving.
How can Store Supreme source dog food salmon meal and sweet potato recipe
1. The best way to store Supreme source dog food salmon meal and sweet potato recipe are in an airtight plastic container or bag.
2. It can be frozen for long-term storage but the texture may change a bit when thawed.
3. Don’t microwave it because it will make the dog food go bad.
If you’re looking for a simple, healthy, homemade dog food recipe that will cater to the tastes of your dog then this may be the perfect choice for you.
While there are some disadvantages to this recipe they are far outweighed by the advantages and benefits of feeding it to your pet.
Hopefully, this detailed recipe can help you make healthy and delicious meals that will encourage your dog to live a long and happy life with you!
Thank you very much for reading my article and I hope you find it useful!
Any questions or comments please leave a comment below.