Vegetarian dog birthday cake recipe This recipe is dedicated to all vegetarians out there! It’s also good for people who are watching their sugar intake or just don’t want too much sugar.
The cake is made with whole wheat flour, a little bit of honey, black beans, and carrots. The frosting is made with peanut butter and cream cheese.
I hope this helps you celebrate with your dog! We used to have a Shih Tzu and he would beg for a cake. So, I came up with this recipe for his birthday and he loved it!
Vegetarian dog birthday cake recipe
It is easy to make and affordable. You can find everything at the grocery store but it is healthier than a store-bought cake.
The cake is best served with a little frosting or fruit. If you want to make it a little healthier use all whole wheat flour and fat-free cream cheese.
The cake is very moist so you don’t have to add any frosting. We use store-bought frosting because it’s healthier than store-bought icing and you can find all organic ingredients.
Bake time will depend on your oven. You want to put a toothpick in the middle and make sure it is clean when you take it out.
How can prepare a Vegetarian dog birthday cake recipe
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup carrots (grated)
- 1 can black beans (rinsed) -I used half a 15 oz can.
- 3/4 cup honey
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 3/4 cup skim milk mixture
- 1 mixing bowl
- 1 small pan for baking
- 1 medium pan for mixing peanut butter & cream cheese.
- 2 medium bowls (one for frosting and one for cake)
- 1 toothpick
- 1 knife
Step 1: Preheat oven to 350 degrees (175 degrees Celsius)
Step 2: Mix whole wheat flour, baking powder, baking soda, and honey in a large mixing bowl.
Step 3: Add carrots and beans to the mixture.
Step 4: Add peanut butter, milk, and vanilla.
Step 5: Stir well
Step 6: Pour into two 8 x 11-inch pans.
Step 7: Bake for 30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
Step 8: After the cakes are done, let them cool and frost them with a swirl of peanut butter and cream cheese.
Step 9: Add some decorations to the top and bottom.
Step 10: Enjoy your cake!
Nutrition value of Vegetarian dog birthday cake recipe
- Calorie: 328 kcal
- Total fat: 11g
- Cholesterol: 0mg
- Sodium: 182mg
- Total carbohydrate: 54g
- Dietary fiber: 3g
- Sugars: 41g
- Protein: 6g
- Iron: 0mcg
- Vitamin A: 8%
- Vitamin C: 4%
- Calcium: 6%
- Folate: 6%
- Vitamin B6: 4%
Benefits of eating Vegetarian dog birthday cake recipe
1. This cake is low in fat but still very tasty.
2. It does have a healthy amount of fiber and it is made from whole wheat, which is a more nutritious choice than white flour.
3. This cake doesn’t contain any animal products like eggs so it’s healthier for you.
4. It’s also gluten-free, which means those who have Celiac disease or intolerance will be able to eat this cake without worry.
5. Animal-based ingredients like honey, peanut butter, and cream cheese are still included but it is much better than store-bought products.
6. This cake contains no refined sugar so you can eat it without worrying about eating too much sugar.
7. Making your cake doesn’t take a lot of time and you can do it in small batches. This is great for when you want to try something new or for when you have a lot of family members who want to eat something different.
8. It’s very inexpensive to make and you can make it in small portions so it’s great for when you want to try something new.
9. This is something that everyone can enjoy and it’s very attractive because of the colorful frosting on the cake.
10. It tastes like a store-bought cake but it costs far less than one would expect so everyone can enjoy this without feeling deprived!
11. You only need three basic ingredients to prepare this recipe: Honey, carrots, and black beans.
Disadvantages of eating Vegetarian dog birthday cake recipe
1. This recipe cannot be used for a large family gathering because you can only make two cakes at a time.
2. If you have to make this for a large number of people, it is going to take far more time and money than buying one from the store.
3. This recipe doesn’t taste exactly like a store-bought cake but it does taste good and it is healthier than eating something that has hydrogenated oil, artificial colors, and preservatives on them.
4. If you want to make it healthier, you’re going to have to go out and buy some organic ingredients.
5. For those who love sweets, this cake may seem bland at first because it doesn’t contain any refined sugar.
6. If you use the frosting recipe mentioned above, the calories are going to increase quite a bit unless you only eat a small amount of frosting on your cake.
7. If you want to make more than two cakes at a time, you’re going to have to wait for each cake to cool and frost them in individual batches.
8. Your dog may not like this very much as it is a different taste than what they are used to. If you feed your dog meat or dairy products, they may not like the taste of this one.
9. Because of all the healthy ingredients, it can take some time for the cake to cool before it can be frosted and decorated properly.
How Can Make More Delicious?
1. If this cake still seems bland to you, add more honey to the recipe.
2. You can also add a little less honey and add equal parts of peanut butter and honey.
3. If you want to make it sweeter and more flavorful, use 1/2 cup of honey for the whole recipe instead of just 1/4 cup.
4. Use organic ingredients if possible.
5. Don’t forget to add some cinnamon.
How can Store a Vegetarian dog birthday cake recipe
1. This cake can be stored in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.
2. It can also be frozen and baked at a later time so that is another way to store this recipe.
3. This cake will stay fresh for 2 weeks if it is left unopened in the refrigerator.
4. To make sure the cake stays fresh, place a piece of plastic wrap over your slice when you cut it and cover it with aluminum foil when you close the container.
So there you have it, a recipe for a vegetarian birthday cake that you can make yourself and that your dog will love. The best thing about this is its versatility.
If you want to add more chocolate chips or other decorations to the top, then you can do that. If you don’t have time to make the frosting, then just put some peanut butter on top of the cake and leave it at that.
Thank you for reading this article and I hope you have found it useful and helpful.
I am always trying to improve my recipes for a healthier choices for you and your loved ones to enjoy.