What happens when humans eat dog food? I don’t think I have to introduce this topic. Dog food is a complete and balanced pet food for dogs available in the market. There are a lot of brands and types one can choose from.
And its ingredients vary depending on the brand and type. Some may be okay, while some could harm your dog if consumed in outstanding amounts. I’ll be talking about this today. So let’s get started.
Human food is entirely different from what dogs eat. Dogs are carnivores, while humans are omnivores. So it’s not hard to know that humans shouldn’t eat dog food since they have different nutritional requirements.
Dog food is also not for human consumption. Hence it would be best if you never considered eating dog food.
Is dog food healthy for humans?
Now, to answer this question, we need to know what ingredients are present in it and how nutritious they are:
Dog’s body tissue contains 20% protein which is good and provides many proteins required daily by the dog.
This includes starch/sugar, which is good for a dog.
3) Dietary Fiber
This helps in digestion and is required by the body.
Dogs can’t digest vegetables, so it stays in the gut for a long time. This causes many problems like bloating and loose stools.
Neither an essential nutrient nor a complete source of any nutrient, it has no importance in the diet of humans.
Dogs body contains about 15% fats which are not advised for human consumption as the human body needs 10% or less.
There are no additives in dog food except colors, flavors, and artificial sweeteners. These have been included for the benefit of dogs but can also cause severe health problems if consumed by humans.
So, since it has a large quantity of calcium and proteins, which our body requires, why not eat a little bit? Well, there is a reason for this.
When dog food is mixed with other ingredients or products that our body doesn’t provide or even need, it becomes harmful for us, ultimately leading to stomach problems and other ailments.
Indigestible ingredients The ingredients of dog food are indigestible by the human body, especially the indigestible fibers.
What happens when humans eat dog food?
It can be harmful to your health in different ways if taken in large amounts. And the effects are not short-lived too. Your body will digest them slowly, and there are chances that you might get affected by them.
And if this happens, then God save you because the harmful ingredients to your body can cause severe health problems.
Because of the indigestible ingredients present in dog food, they may accumulate in your intestines, stomach, and other organs if taken in large amounts, leading to various infections that will be difficult to cure.
As far as my understanding goes, I think humans should avoid eating dog food because it is harmful to humans’ bodies and the digestive system.
And to be honest, I have never heard any good thing about eating dog food. So you’re better off without it unless you want your health to deteriorate or want to taste some weird stuff.
But if you like dogs and want to eat dog food, the only thing you can do is contact your local rescue group and ask them. That’s what I would recommend.
I’m going to talk about some of the pros of feeding your dogs some of these things that are good for them versus feeding your dog all strictly, high-quality dog food.
Also read: Water On Dry Dog Food
Dog food vs. human food
If you have a pet dog at home, you might have tried to feed them some of your favorite foods to taste the same thing you enjoy every day, right?
But did it ever happen with you that, instead of covering your delicious meals on their plates, they started licking it off the plate? Don’t you feel bad for them?
Well, I’m pretty sure that you don’t like your dog eating off your plate. Because there’s no way, you can eat it yourself.
But most people who love their dogs feed them with some good things for them. Because they think that it will help to grow or fat their dog’s body, but instead the opposite happens they start destroying their health.
The health effects of eating dog food
1) As I’ve already mentioned, dog food is made of high-quality ingredients such as proteins, carbohydrates, and fats (unsaturated) required for the growth of muscles.
But if you’re eating it, there are chances that your body will store extra fat, which can cause obesity and heart diseases.
2) If you’re eating dog food, then the nutrients your body lacks will not be provided to it.
So there are chances that your body may develop several health issues such as cardiac arrest, heart failure, etc.
3) Nowadays, many pet owners don’t want their pets to have any teeth problems, so they start eating dog food that is not good for them.
Because there are chances that your pet will develop dental issues such as tooth decay, excess tartar, and gingivitis.
4) Sometimes, people eat dog food to lose weight, but the problem is that there are lots of unhealthy ingredients present, which do not allow you to find the proper nutrition for your body.
So you can’t lose weight instead. There are chances that you will gain more weight by eating dog food regularly.
5) As I’ve already mentioned above, dog food is made of high-quality ingredients that are not good for humans.
If you have a pet at home and still want to eat dog food, then it’s better to ask the advice from your doctor first to know whether it can affect you or not.
6) You can also get side effects by eating dog food that you are allergic to. And the symptoms of this allergy are itching, rashes, and eczema breakouts which can cause many problems.
7) If you’re eating dog food regularly, then it can cause serious problems for your pets.
8) As I’ve already mentioned, dog food is made of high-quality ingredients that are not good for humans.
So if you’re eating it, then there are chances that your body will start producing saliva more than usual. And the worst part is that this saliva may cause many dental issues such as plaque, tartar, gingivitis, etc.
9) After reading this article, you’ll have a good idea about the health effects of dog food.
And if you’re eating it regularly, it can cause several problems for you too, such as obesity, heart diseases, and so on. So to stay healthy and fit, don’t eat dog food.
10) And if your pet is eating it too, you should not allow them to do so because there are chances that they may develop lots of health issues. So, to stay healthy and fit, don’t eat dog food.
11) If you want to lose weight regularly, you should eat only those foods that are healthy and rich in nutrients.
And eating dog food is not a good option because it can harm your health in all ways.
12) If you’re thinking of the proper reason to stop eating dog food, then I would say that it’s made for dogs, and indeed, it’s not good for you because it can cause several issues.
So to stay healthy and fit, don’t eat dog food.
13) And I’ve also mentioned above that if your pet is eating it too, you should immediately ask the vet for the right treatment because there are chances that they may get lots of health issues.
So if you’re thinking about the reasons, I would say that it’s because dog food is made for dogs and not humans. And there are lots of ingredients in it that are hard for humans to digest.
If you’re thinking about eating dog food, let me tell you that it will cost you your health.
And if some disease is already present in your body, it will become worse for you. So, if you want to be healthy and fit, avoid eating this food at all costs.
If you have any more suggestions or questions related to this topic, please ask me in the comments below. I’d be happy to help you.
Thank you for reading my article, and very glad to you if you are any comments in the comment box.
19 thoughts on “What Happens When Humans Eat Dog Food: The Worst 13 Reason”