Winn-dixie dry dog food has been curiously absent from the grocery stores of my town, but I was happy to find it on Amazon. It has many different flavors and makes a great treat for my dog Mac, a wolf-dog mix.
I’m not sure why this product is so hard to find in brick-and-mortar stores because my pets love Winn-dixie dry dog food. I don’t know about you, but I get frustrated with our local store’s limited selection of pet food.
Winn-dixie dry dog food
I wish I could buy everything online, but I’m limited to what’s in the stores. My pets seem to like this dry dog food because of its moisture content.
Once my pet has finished their dinner, they enjoy licking up all the excess water left in their dog bowl.
It’s pretty gross but also kind of cute in a way. My pets love this dry food for many reasons, but I will talk about three of them here.
Who makes Winn-dixie dry dog food?
Winn-dixie dry dog food is made by Kim Pet Food, a family-owned pet food company based in Florida.
The previous post about Winn-dixie shows that canned dog food is manufactured in China. The same can be said for Winn-dixie dry dog food.
The ingredients of Winn-dixie dry dog food
The main ingredients of Winn-dixie dry dog food are given below:
- Whole meat and meat meal
- Whole wheat flour
- Animal fat preserved with mixed-tocopherols
- Meat protein isolate
- Whole wheat
- Corn gluten meal
- Corn gluten
- Corn gluten meal and corn gluten
- Dicalcium phosphate
- Dried beet pulp, calcium carbonate, and calcium sulfate
- Calcium iodate
- Choline chloride, l-lysine HCl, and taurine (preservative)
- A-Tocopherol, menadione sodium bisulfite complex (source of Vitamin K activity), and sodium selenite (a source of sodium and selenium)
- Dried corn distiller’s grain with soluble
What are the benefits of Winn-dixie dry dog food?
The main benefits of Winn-dixie dry dog food are given below:
1. Contains meat, which is a natural source of protein
2. Contains fat, which is a natural source of energy
3. Contains fiber, which can be found in its corn and whole-wheat ingredients
4. Contains calcium and other minerals, which can help prevent diseases like osteoporosis in dogs
5. Contains Vitamin K, which helps promote blood clotting and wound healing in dogs’ body tissue
6. Contains some fiber, which can prevent constipation in dogs
7. Contains antioxidants, which can help prevent cell damage in dogs’ body tissue
8. Contains Vitamin E, which helps improve circulation in dogs’ body tissues
9. Contains omega 3 and 6 fatty acids, which can promote heart health in dogs
10. Contains Vitamin B-12, which helps promote proper nervous system functioning in dogs
11. Chopped, which can help improve the palatability of pet food
I’ve been a fan of Winn-dixie dry dog food for many years. I know quite a few who have also been fans of this dry dog food brand. One of my friends bought my dog Mac some Winn-dixie dry dog food as a Christmas gift! Your pet might like this brand as well.
What are the cons of Winn-dixie dry dog food?
The following are some of the cons of Winn-dixie dry dog food:
1. Most of the ingredients are grains and corn, which dogs aren’t supposed to eat regularly
2. Most of the ingredients are animal by-products, which may not be very healthy for dogs
3. Has preservatives like taurine, which can be bad for your pet’s health in large doses
4. Contains Vitamin K, which can cause problems in pets that have liver or kidney disorders or that are on certain medications
5. Contains lysine, which can cause diarrhea in dogs
6. Not all dogs like the taste of this dry food
7. It May not be as healthy as you think it is due to its corn and grain ingredients
8. Price is a little bit expensive compared to other dog foods on the market
9. A lot of tiny pieces, which may make your pet choke or hurt their throat while eating the food
10. It May not be very nutritious since its ingredients are mainly grains and corn
Are there any side effects?
I’ve never heard of any side effects of Winn-dixie dry dog food, but I’ve heard that too much Animal Fat Preserved with Mixed Tocopherols can cause diarrhea. This is because the fat content of this product is about 14%.
What do customers think about Winn-dixie dry dog food?
There are quite a few reviews on Amazon regarding Winn-dixie dry dog food. Many of them talk about how their dogs love it and that they will continue to buy it in the future.
Some reviews talk about how their dogs don’t like the taste, but my dog is a wolf-dog and doesn’t care for canned or dry dog food.
What are the prices for Winn-dixie dry dog food?
Winn-dixie dry dog food prices range from $20 to $30, depending on which flavor your pet likes. I don’t know why this brand is so hard to find in stores, but if you can’t find it, you can always order it online.
Besides, the price of this dry dog food is quite reasonable. You can get a similar dry dog food brand for much more money.
Are there any coupons for Winn-dixie dry dog food?
The following are some of the coupons offered by Winn-dixie dry dog food:
- Free 3 oz sample with 4+ purchase
- Free 8 oz sample with 4+ purchases (you will have to pay shipping & handling charges)
- Free Winn-Dixie Peelie with purchase of any brand of Winn-Dixie pet treats
- Free Winn-dixie Peelie with purchase of any Winn-dixie pet toy
- $5 off purchase of $25 or more from Winn-Dixie’s pet section
- $5 off purchase of $25 or more from Winn-Dixie’s dog and cat food section
- Free sample with 6+ purchase
- Free sample with 20+ purchase
- Free Winn-Dixie Peelies with any purchase of 12+ items
- Free sample with 3+ purchase
- Free sample with 5+ purchase
Is Winn-dixie dry dog food Safe For Dogs?
According to the ingredients list, winn-dixie dry dog food is safe for dogs. The main ingredients of this dog food are not harmful to your pet.
However, some people have complained about other ingredients, like the preservatives taurine and lysine. These ingredients may be harmful to your pet’s health in large doses.
Are there any allergy issues?
Winn-dixie dry dog food may not be suitable for dogs with allergies because most of its ingredients are grains and corn. Corn is also known to cause reactions in some people, like allergies.
Is Winn-dixie dry dog food good for puppies?
Winn-dixie dry dog food may not be good for puppies since most of its ingredients are grains and corn. Puppies may have digestive problems like diarrhea when they eat too many grains and corn.
Are there any precautions?
The following are the preventive measures that you can take to make sure that your pet is safe when eating Winn-dixie dry dog food:
1. Don’t feed your pet too much of this product since it may make them overweight
2. Don’t feed your pet this food at the same time as taking medication since it may interact with these medications and cause side effects
3. Don’t feed your pet too many treats since treats can be hard for dogs to digest
4. Don’t feed your pet this product if they have liver or kidney disorders
5. Don’t feed your pet this product if they are on medication to treat heart disease
6. Don’t overfeed your pet since it may cause them to vomit or constipate
7. You should consult with a veterinarian before giving this product to your dog, especially if they have allergies or digestive issues, or any other illness
8. Don’t give this product to your dog if they are allergic to corn or grains
9. Don’t give this product to your pet if they have any illnesses or if they have recently had surgery
10. Don’t give more than the recommended amount of food per day since it may make them constipated or vomit
11. Don’t give this product if your pet is pregnant
12. Make sure that you read the instructions on the packaging before you feed your pet and follow these instructions closely before feeding them
Winn-dixie dry dog food is good for your pet, but it may not be very nutritious since most of its ingredients are grains and corn.
You may have to pay more for this brand than other brands. This dog food is a bit expensive compared to other brands, but it’s a good quality brand that has been around since 1928.
Thank you for reading my Winn-Dixie dry dog food review. If you want to learn more about this brand, please visit my website for information.