Zignature duck dog food has been a favorite of mine for years. My dog has a sensitive stomach, and I have tried to find the perfect food to provide him with good nutrition and help him digest his food better.
This duck dog food helps my dog maintain a healthy weight, and his digestive system is in tip-top shape. I mainly love this food because it doesn’t have any by-products.
This dog food contains real duck meat and is high in protein. It also meets the Association of American Feed Control Officials (AAFCO) sets standards.
Zignature duck dog food
This item is a good choice for dogs with acid reflux and stomach conditions. It also has Omega fatty acids, which are great for your dog’s skin and coat.
You can feel good about feeding your dog Duck Zignature because it contains natural health benefits. Zignature duck dog food is one of many delicious options you can choose from to feed your pup.
This product will help keep your pup at its ideal weight while providing them with the nutrition they need.
The company of Zignature duck dog food
Zignature Duck dog food is a member of the Purina family, the largest manufacturer of pet food products in North America.
They are located in St Louis, Missouri. The company was established in 1894 by William W Danforth and has remained family-owned.
The ingredients of Zignature duck dog food
The main ingredients of Zignature duck dog food are given below:
- Whole roasted duck
- whole eggs
- whole potatoes
- peas and carrots (vegetable sources)
- Canola oil (source of Omega 3 & 6 fatty acids)
- apples, grapefruit, and cranberries
- whole grain rice, oat groats, corn meal, barley flakes, wheat flour, and rye flour
- sunflower seed meal, fish meal
- fruits and vegetables (vegetable sources)
- Pumpkin, flaxseed, blueberry, spinach
- whole clover flower and alfalfa meal
- flaxseed oil (source of Omega 3 & 6 fatty acids)
- dried chicory root
- Vitamin E supplement
- Dehydrated eggs
- Taurine, Silymarin
- Lactobacillus acidophilus
- Bifidobacterium thermophilum
- Bifidobacterium longum
- Bifidobacterium animalis
- Enterococcus faecium
- Ascorbic acid, etc.
What are the benefits of Zignature duck dog food?
The main benefits of Zignature duck dog food are given below:
1. Contributes to a dog’s health and well-being
2. Protects against the immune system attacks that can occur because of food intolerance
3. Helps dogs maintain a healthy weight by providing them with the right nutrition they need
4. Provides your dog with essential nutrients that contribute to the development of strong teeth and bones
5. Promotes intestinal health by helping dogs digest their food better and maintain digestive efficiency without experiencing gas, cramping, or diarrhea
6. Provides dogs with a high-quality protein source from duck meat.
7. Contributes to the development of lean muscles
8. Helps improve digestion and lower blood lipid levels in dogs which can reduce their risk of developing heart disease
9. Provides an easy-to-digest diet that aids in helping dogs overcome certain allergies or food sensitivities they may have
10. Contains Omega fatty acids, which contribute to a dog’s skin and coat health by preventing dryness, flaking, abnormal shedding, and reducing the likelihood of tear stains.
11. Helps dogs maintain an ideal weight and promotes leaner muscles
12. Contains whole eggs, which are a good source of protein and amino acids
13. Contributes to the development of strong teeth and bones
14. Contains essential calcium and phosphorus for strong teeth, bones, and muscle growth in dogs
15. Provides a healthy balance between Omega 3 fatty acids DHA & EPA
What are the cons of Zignature duck dog food?
The following are some of the cons of Zignature duck dog food:
1. Some dogs may experience diarrhea after eating this dog food. Dogs with sensitive stomachs may also have problems. Begin by mixing the new food with the older food your dog previously ate before trying out this new product.
2. Some dogs may experience gastrointestinal upsets while transitioning from an all-meat diet to a high-protein diet containing chicken, duck, and fish. Try mixing the Zignature duck dog food with bland foods such as boiled chicken breast or white fish.
3. Some dogs may have allergies to any of the ingredients in this food; therefore, it is important to know what ingredients are in your dog’s food.
4. This product has more protein than other dog foods on the market. A dog eating Zignature duck dog food may be unable to eat other animal-based protein sources such as beef, lamb, or pork without experiencing intestinal problems.
5. Some dogs may not do well with a diet with higher levels of Omega 3 fatty acids than other dog foods on the market.
6. The price for this product is a little higher than most dog food brands.
7. This product is a little harder to find in stores than some other popular dog food brands, but you can purchase it online easily.
Are there any side effects?
The following are some of the side effects that have been reported with the use of Zignature duck dog food:
- Excessive weight gain
- Black, tarry stools
- Loss of appetite and weight loss
- Changes in appetite (increased or decreased) or increased thirst
- Dark-colored urine due to excess bilirubin
Is Zignature duck dog food Safe For Dogs?
Yes, Zignature duck dog food is safe for your dog as long as they do not experience any side effects listed above while transitioning to this new diet.
Are there any allergy issues?
Some ingredients used in Zignature duck dog food are known to cause allergic reactions in some dogs. You should know what ingredients are in your dog’s food to determine if they have an allergenic reaction to any of them, so you can avoid foods that contain those ingredients.
How do I store Zignature duck dog food?
Zignature duck dog food should be stored at room temperature in an area that is cool and dry
and away from direct sunlight.
Reviews of Zignature duck dog food
The following reviews of Zignature duck dog food were written by people who have purchased the dry dog food and are feeding their dog this product.
“I haven’t been able to find this in this area – my dogs love it! This is an all-meat diet with no corn or wheat. They have had no problems with digestion, and the two male labs love it.” Donna E.
“I have an 8 1/2-year-old female puppy. I had her on a 100% beef dog food diet. I went to get her some raw steak & she refused to eat it! The vet suggested trying a protein meal. She loves duck, chicken & salmon…sometimes salmon, sometimes chicken – depending on my budget. My dog has always been on a grain-free diet…but she’s not a picky eater…she doesn’t like the dry kibble too much. I tried the chicken & salmon, and her little body quickly changed to a healthy meal. She has never been happier since switching to this.” Nicole
“My dogs love it; I have more energy when I feed them this food. They have no more belly problems. I would recommend it to everyone.” Melissa
“I just bought this food for my 5-year-old large breed dog who had been on the same dry food, and it upset her stomach. This food is a little pricey, so I try to mix in some of their old dry food, but she still chooses her duck.” Lynda
Are there any precautions?
Although there are no known adverse reactions to using Zignature duck dog food, you should be cautious to avoid any potential problems. The following precautions should be taken:
1. Dogs with diets high in protein should not be given this product.
2. If your dog is a young puppy, seek veterinary assistance before you begin feeding them Zignature duck dog food. In some cases, puppies can experience digestive upsets when switching to a protein diet made up of meats such as these proteins in this product.
3. If your dog has chronic problems with diarrhea, seek veterinary assistance before you begin feeding your dog this product.
4. If your dog is a senior citizen or has pre-existing health problems, seek veterinary assistance before you begin feeding them this product to find out if they are a good candidate for this diet.
5. This product is not intended for pregnant or nursing dogs.
What does it cost?
One 20-pound bag of Zignature duck dog food costs approximately $40.00. Zignature duck dog food is sold in a 20-pound bag. The price will vary depending on where you purchase it.
You can purchase this product online at a lower cost than in local pet stores, but you may be required to pay shipping charges if you purchase it from the internet.
Where to buy Zignature duck dog food?
You can purchase this product online, in local pet stores, or through your veterinarian.
A Final Word
If you notice any of the above side effects from your dog consuming Zignature duck dog food, consult your veterinarian immediately.
They can determine if Zignature duck dog food is causing the problem and recommend a suitable substitute for your dog’s diet.
Zignature duck dog food is an excellent all-meat product that will meet your dog’s nutritional needs. It is made from only the highest quality animal meat and contains no fillers or by-products.
This product does not contain corn or wheat, so it is ideal for dogs with allergies. It is high in protein for dogs that need a higher protein diet.
Thank you for reading this Zignature duck dog food review article. For more information about the product, please click on my site.